Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    I can't believe some of you believe it is a bad thing. Kids who are praying are going to be well centred and well behaved.
    It's the double standard that's the bad thing.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I can't believe some of you believe it is a bad thing. Kids who are praying are going to be well centred and well behaved.

jafar. There's a really big difference between American children praying, or saying Grace before their meal in school, and the children in that photo who are constantly taught to PRAY for the destruction of anyone who doesn't follow YOUR hypocrisy about the Religion of Peace.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not the point, dumb ass. the point is that Christian prayer in schools is bitched about by libtards, but Islamic prayer isn't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    They were unable to 'bless their food' without speaking out loud?
    Ah, the tolerant side of liberalism

Yea, you are free to worship - just don't let me HEAR or SEE you do it.

We are well aware the left wants to remove all public references of God Noir. In a few more months the left will once again start their annual war on Thanksgiving and Christmas

and the liberal media will report "what war"?
    Last edited by red states rule; 06-03-2013 at 03:44 AM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That would be fine if that praying was all they did. But their parents and "religious leaders" have other ideas for them

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    The prayer requirements for Christians doesn't involve a rug and facing toward Mecca. Allowing the Muslims to leave the classroom to attend to their prayers prevents disruption for the remaining students.
    Prayer "requirement" for Christians is different for each Christian sect and each Christian. We are told to "pray always" . Some pray 3 times a day, some pray whenever the spirit leads them to pray. some pray before every new task. Some bofore meals etc etc.

the school makes zero accommodation for that, and people like yourself are willing to pass judment on what's required and whats not for Christians but want to make special accommodation for Muslims.
    I'm more and more convinced that public school are not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    No they blessed there food to themselves with there eyes closed a simple thank you and a hope that it helps give them nourishment and they where told they where not allowed to pray in school , when I went down to the school they said it may offend other children , I asked how is it going to offend another if my boys have there eyes closed for 30 seconds , they finally gave in on that issue and yes my boys do give thanks at every meal including the one at school
    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    It would be more polite to do so inwardly imo.
    I don't understand the "offense" or what's rude about praying out loud, over food. if it's not shouting or asking others to Shut up before hand whats the "offense"?
    espesially if you don't believe it anyway.
    I've never got that. even before i became a Christian i never understood the so-called "offense" caused by Christians praying over meals and the like.

Even now i'm not "offended by Muslim prayers or Wiccan prayers, i'm concerned yes, but not offended or think that it's rude. What is that about?

People use profanity in the presence of just about anyone nowadays but there are very few people who take civic "offense" over that kinda language. in school or out.

(non sequitur: you know what's rude? people speaking a foreign language in your presence leaving you out of the a conversation you've been in or that you should be in.)
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

^^ I believed the same about school events, like games and graduations. Let the speaker say a prayer if they want. If it's a Muslim valedictorian, let him give a Muslim prayer, and the same for other religions. It's laughable that some go nuts over simply hearing a prater, as if their lives have been ruined, their graduation ruined and things are now beyond repair. It HAS to be gone so as not to offend anyone - yet no thought is given to the offense of denying others. It does go both ways. No law or the COTUS state prayer can't be stated in school, it's just schools relenting to save money on lawsuits. Don't believe in the prater? Fine with me. Want to say a Muslim prayer? Fine with me. A prayer from someone who does have a faith, it's not like it harms anyone like some would imply "Oh no, my game/graduation has been ruined and my brain forever scarred!" Please.

BUT - if they deny even one - then I suppose you deny them all. If you accommodate one - then you accommodate all.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Most of us believe it is good, and would like for Christian prayer in schools too, but it's not allowed. It's equality we're speaking of here, if you accommodate and allow one, simply allow others the same/equivalent. I've got no issue if they allow Muslim kids a chance to pray - as soon as they allow Catholics/Christians equal opportunities/accommodations.
    The issue is not that they are allowed to pray. Christian prayers are not in schools because it would be a collective thing. When I was in primary school, our weekly assembly was preceded the the lord's prayer and we all had to do it. It was compulsory. If Muslim kids are not allowed to pray once in school as is their firm obligation, they will have to reconsider attending the school with other children as prayer is more important to Muslims than worldly affairs.

Allowing them assists in integrating into your society which is what you want isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Oh really? Do these jihadists don't seem to be centered or well behaved?

I'm sure they are well disciplined soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    It's the double standard that's the bad thing.
    Do Christians have a set requirement for prayer at a certain time?
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    That would be fine if that praying was all they did. But their parents and "religious leaders" have other ideas for them

Americans take stupid pictures too.

اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The issue is not that they are allowed to pray. Christian prayers are not in schools because it would be a collective thing. When I was in primary school, our weekly assembly was preceded the the lord's prayer and we all had to do it. It was compulsory. If Muslim kids are not allowed to pray once in school as is their firm obligation, they will have to reconsider attending the school with other children as prayer is more important to Muslims than worldly affairs.

Allowing them assists in integrating into your society which is what you want isn't it?

you are such a lying sack of shit. Christian prayers are not allowed in schools because they are Christian prayers, and some people want them kept out of the schools.

It has nothing to do with groups prayer, nor individual prayer... it's the very idea of prayer at all. the ONLY way your statement would be valid is if Christian prayer by individuals was allowed and Christian group prayer wasn't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Americans take stupid pictures too.

I don't see any banners saying 'kill the infidels' in that pic.. do you, dumb ass?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Again, it IS an accommodation for the Muslim kids. They should then allow Christian kids to leave class to pray if they like too, make it equal. Muslims don't get more of an accommodation because that's what their religion calls for, as they CAN do it easily during lunch hour, before school, right after school, right after dinner, nighttime, prior to bed. It IS an accommodation. Simply allow others to have a place to go pray should they feel the need, and I'm 100% behind you. But to say that it should be OK for Muslims, but not others, is simply wrong. MANY, MANY, MANY Christians would LOVE to be able to go somewhere outside of class and have a personal prayer or group prayer - whether at the beginning of the day, lunchtime, during class hours.... In other words, they would simply like the same reasonable ability.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This shouldn't matter, but yes, some Christians have set times that they want to pray daily. How do all the other Muslim kids get by in every single other public school in America? Oh, that's right, they get by the same way that Christian kids do. So if you change for one, change for all, or simply don't change at all. No way in fucking hell should we be making accommodations for either while ignoring the other. Do you support eliminating Christian prayer altogether, as in a 'separation', so they can't pray in class, at graduations, games and other places? This separation crap has gotten worse and worse to the point that anything outside of silent prayer is banned. Let the Muslim kids have a silent prayer as well, they can do without the rug and which way they face. As a Christian, I like to pray in front of an alter, or on a bench for my knee, with a statue of Christ nearby, while crossing my hands with a set of rosary beads - and YES - this is how we are taught. So they should allow that accommodation as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure they are well disciplined soldiers terrorists.

Undoubtedly.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Often times before meals. Paul said to 'pray without ceasing'.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.