Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Democrats find God

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070605/...crats_religion

WASHINGTON - In a rare public discussion of her husband's infidelity, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that she probably could not have gotten through her marital troubles without relying on her faith in God.

Clinton stood by her actions in the aftermath of former President Clinton's admission that he had an affair, including presumably her decision to stay in the marriage.

"I am very grateful that I had a grounding in faith that gave me the courage and the strength to do what I thought was right, regardless of what the world thought," Clinton said during a forum where the three leading Democratic presidential candidates talked about faith and values.

"I'm not sure I would have gotten through it without my faith," she said.

The forum, sponsored by the liberal Sojourners/Call to Renewal evangelical organization, provided an uncommon glimpse into the most personal beliefs of Clinton and rivals John Edwards and Barack Obama (news, bio, voting record). The most intimate question came about the Clintons' relationship, one of the world's most debated marriages but one that the husband and wife rarely speak openly about.
    More in the article if you can stand it

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I probably couldn't. What an absolutely transparent CROCK. Hillary doesn't believe in God, she believes in Hillary-as-God. I can't believe the nakedness of the strategy of turning this big liability into a road to Damascus moment. For God's sake, please don't be fooled that this cold bitch even believes in God.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Lincoln View Post
    I probably couldn't. What an absolutely transparent CROCK. Hillary doesn't believe in God, she believes in Hillary-as-God. I can't believe the nakedness of the strategy of turning this big liability into a road to Damascus moment. For God's sake, please don't be fooled that this cold bitch even believes in God.
    Amazing seeing them pander so blatantly. And they thought campaign finance reform was gonig to restore our faith in the American "system". Damn we're a sicko country.

A nutcase will do nutty things.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

wow. There's such a little chance of Hillary actually having faith in God it's funny.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suppose "God" told her to fight for abortion rights too.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Her decision to stay with BJ was purely political. She couldn't run for president as a divorcee. She needs the appearance of a marriage and the help of BJ to make speeches for her. If she ever gets out of politics watch how quickly she dumps slick.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Her decision to stay with BJ was purely political. She couldn't run for president as a divorcee. She needs the appearance of a marriage and the help of BJ to make speeches for her. If she ever gets out of politics watch how quickly she dumps slick.
    They'll never get divorced. Don't forget the "legacy" thing. Their fake marraige will continue as it has until one of them is dead.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This Democrat never lost GOD. Is your faith overwhelming your intellect?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nearly every politician in America is a Christian along with most of the pop. Dems may take it to a less extreme then repubs in making policy but that doesn't mean they don't believe in God, good christian in your eyes or not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is the very fight for Christian domination of the World that will be the downfall of this nation, LN.

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Nearly every politician in America is a Christian along with most of the pop. Dems may take it to a less extreme then repubs in making policy but that doesn't mean they don't believe in God, good christian in your eyes or not.
    History does not lie. Check it out.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    It is the very fight for Christian domination of the World that will be the downfall of this nation, LN.
    How does it feel to be ALWAYS wrong?

You're wrong twice here:

First, you are wrong about a 'fight for Christian domination' which does not exist. You're very much like a Palestinian terrorist in that regard; See, Israel simply wants to live. Palestinians simply want to kill them. When Israel fights back, people whine and complain about Israel.

To come full circle with the example - MOST of popular secular culture wants to jail, silence, or eliminate Christianity because Christianity is 'true'. It's the ONLY way to God. When something HAPPENS to go the way of the Christians, say, in a court of law, people whine and complain about Christians wanting to 'take over' - when it's only about, and has ALWAYS been about Christians seeking the protection of the Constitution to practice their faith. To survive.

Now, there WILL come a day, sooner, IMO, rather than later, where Christianity will be outlawed in practice. We're already seeing Christians persecuted for their faith. But see, all that is SUPPOSED to happen. You evil folk think you're winning, when, in the end, you'll pay dearly for your hardening of your hearts.

The 2nd thing you're wrong about is the cause of the 'downfall' of this nation. If this nation falls it will be from the exact OPPOSITE cause. When this society is absolutely hardened against God, I believe God will remove it. God raises up and tears down nations...nobody, or nothing else.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Satisfy yourself on the thread at hand, dmp.

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    How does it feel to be ALWAYS wrong?

You're wrong twice here:

First, you are wrong about a 'fight for Christian domination' which does not exist. You're very much like a Palestinian terrorist in that regard; See, Israel simply wants to live. Palestinians simply want to kill them. When Israel fights back, people whine and complain about Israel.

To come full circle with the example - MOST of popular secular culture wants to jail, silence, or eliminate Christianity because Christianity is 'true'. It's the ONLY way to God. When something HAPPENS to go the way of the Christians, say, in a court of law, people whine and complain about Christians wanting to 'take over' - when it's only about, and has ALWAYS been about Christians seeking the protection of the Constitution to practice their faith. To survive.

Now, there WILL come a day, sooner, IMO, rather than later, where Christianity will be outlawed in practice. We're already seeing Christians persecuted for their faith. But see, all that is SUPPOSED to happen. You evil folk think you're winning, when, in the end, you'll pay dearly for your hardening of your hearts.

The 2nd thing you're wrong about is the cause of the 'downfall' of this nation. If this nation falls it will be from the exact OPPOSITE cause. When this society is absolutely hardened against God, I believe God will remove it. God raises up and tears down nations...nobody, or nothing else.
    Last edited by darin; 06-07-2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Reputation Comments/Activity Stays OFF the board - Admin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Why do Democrats seem to think living your religion is extreme?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    This is exactly the point of the gay marriage movement. If gay marriage is accepted they will have the ability to legally persecute Christians. That is what it's all about. Mark my word, if its ever legalized you will see Christians persecuted like never before.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    This is exactly the point of the gay marriage movement. If gay marriage is accepted they will have the ability to legally persecute Christians. That is what it's all about. Mark my word, if its ever legalized you will see Christians persecuted like never before.
    I wonder if Christians could then claim there is a 'christian gene' and we're 'born this way'?