Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Rep Count

I was 2nd in rep count, just behind Kathianne as per the below image. I care more about the use of the system. It's nice to know every now and again that someone appreciates a post. But the numbers? Couldn't really care less. If you look at the top 10 after this, I dropped myself just below Logroller to the bottom of the list (I thought it would take me out of the top 10, but made me 10th. I would lower it more to completely get off the list, but I had to edit more than just that. My account, as the first registered, can't be altered like everyone else, so I had to make changes just so that it could be altered! Don't want to do that again! LOL But I wanted to lead by example that it supposed to be for fun, it doesn't amount to much at the end of the day. With that said - I am now taking bets on how long before this thread ends up in the cage!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be unwise to bet with the guy who has the power to put it in the cage. Just sayin'....
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Personally, I prefer the "Thanks" feature...

Now if you could just add a "Go Fuck Yourself" feature...

But I'd settle for a "No Thanks..."
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Now if you could just add a "Go Fuck Yourself" feature...

That's exactly what the Rep system is.
    Homophobe (n) - a perjorative term invented by homosexual advocates in an attempt to pretend that people with a natural dislike of homosexual relations, are somehow "afraid" of something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    That's exactly what the Rep system is.

Only if you're an asshole.

Me, I never neg anyone. Never have, never will.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Can we eliminate the rep count entirely? As I have said before, it really serves no purpose other than as a conservative circle jerk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Can we eliminate the rep count entirely? As I have said before, it really serves no purpose other than as a conservative circle jerk.
    Says the liberal who has a positive rep count on a board filled with those conservatives.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Says the liberal who has a positive rep count on a board filled with those conservatives.
    Perhaps it highlights too well the hypocrisy of liberals and shows clearly the evidence of the conservatives to both living and embracing --fairness... I positive rep my opposition here and to date have -NEVER- issued a neg rep to anybody here! I consider that fair and even gabby has never gotten a neg rep from me. Although I have mistakenly reported a post but gave no comments because it was a mistake and there is no way to undo it after having made it. I think it was on Kat after I had just thanked her..lol--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Perhaps you are jealous of your rep total

Then again, if your posts were not comprised of all number two - you would be number one in the rep catagory

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Only if you're an asshole.

Me, I never neg anyone. Never have, never will.

I only neg rep Marcus Whineyus and only because he started it. Been a lot of fun!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

And, you also forgot to mention HOW TIRED YOU ARE, after all this time. Being the PIVOT MAN/WOMAN running that circle.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think that coupled with time of joining, number of posts and so forth, it shows that one either makes posts very appreciated or not appreciated.

Some have been posting 4-5 years yet have half the reputation I have.

When somebody says my posts suck, I just look at the reputation count and figure they wish they had my number over their number.

Won't be long and I hit one million.

I don't think reputation goes up when one calls a member bad names.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    And, you also forgot to mention HOW TIRED YOU ARE, after all this time. Being the PIVOT MAN/WOMAN running that circle.
    or how "busy" she is when she gets her head handed to her via facts, logic, reason, and valid links

Or is that when she becomes "bored" and exits stage left from a thread?
    Last edited by red states rule; 06-08-2013 at 01:36 PM.

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Gabbey, I've used it to communicate with you when I've felt you said something worthwhile. Only a trolling liberal would say something like "conservative circle jerk". I find it offensive and wish you wouldn't resort to such childish acting out.

Personally, I use the rep system to let people know how I feel about a subject without putting it in the thread because it's something private.

In all the years I've been here only one person ever neg repped me and it was RW. I've also never neg repped anyone ... if I have something negative to say, I'd rather say it in person where everyone can read.

But, hey, that's just me.

Last edited by SassyLady; 06-08-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Gabbey, I've used it to communicate with you when I've felt you said something worthwhile. Only a trolling liberal would say something like "conservative circle jerk". I find it offensive and wish you wouldn't resort to such childish acting out.

Personally, I use the rep system to let people know how I feel about a subject without putting it in the thread because it's something private.

In all the years I've been here only one person ever neg repped me and it was RW. I've also never neg repped anyone ... if I have something negative to say, I'd rather say it in person where everyone can read.

But, hey, that's just me.

I forget why I neg repped you.

I sincerely apologize. Gave you rep today.