Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Tupanzee Branch ?!?!?

Am I the only one with a GPS that says to cross "Tupanzee" (rhymes with Chimpanzee) Branch when traveling NYC bypass I-287 in its entirety? Actually, that's not the worst of it. The GPS almost insists I stay on I-95. Is I-287 a good choice when traveling from Philly to Boston? And yes I (and Abe Lincoln [a president the toll collector knows very well]) knows it's Tappan Zee Bridge.
    Last edited by tailfins; 06-12-2013 at 07:21 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Am I the only one with a GPS that says to cross "Tupanzee" (rhymes with Chimpanzee) Branch when traveling NYC bypass I-287 in its entirety? Actually, that's not the worst of it. The GPS almost insists I stay on I-95. Is I-287 a good choice when traveling from Philly to Boston? And yes I (and Abe Lincoln [a president the toll collector knows very well]) knows it's Tappan Zee Bridge.
    Coming up 81 that is how I use to go , it looks a bit out of the way but actually saves a lot of time but without looking at a map it seems coming from Philly you would be best off going straight up 95 then in Connecticut hit 91 ( i think it has been a while ) run that up to the pike in Mass and head east right into Boston
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Coming up 81 that is how I use to go , it looks a bit out of the way but actually saves a lot of time but without looking at a map it seems coming from Philly you would be best off going straight up 95 then in Connecticut hit 91 ( i think it has been a while ) run that up to the pike in Mass and head east right into Boston
    Does that mean it's worth biting the bullet in spite of the George Washington Bridge, crossing Manhattan and the Bronx? 91 wasn't an option last trip because we had to stop in Providence.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

We do this trip once or twice a year. Going northbound/eastbound, if you take the offshoot from the NJ Turnpike (I think it's Exit 46) to the GW bridge, you avoid a boatload of traffic. It's never crowded, and it takes you right up to the toll booths. You can see all the people in heavy traffic to your left. You take the exit pretty far north on the tpk. Our GPS actually suggests it. Then we take the Deegan, the Cross County, and the Merritt, etc.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey