View Poll Results: Which of the listed series is your favorite?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars

4 28.57%
  • Godfather

1 7.14%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

0 0%
  • Star Trek

0 0%
  • Indiana Jones

2 14.29%
  • Alien(s)

0 0%
  • Lord of the Rings

6 42.86%
  • Harry Potter

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default Star Wars, LOTR, Godfather, Pirates, Indiana Jones, Alien(s), Star Trek or Potter?

I realize this isn't a comprehensive list, but work with me anyway.

Which series is your favorite? Explaining why would be great!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you could add a series of ice picks to the rectum I would vote for that... or is this a list of the most overrated film series of all time?

seriously though, the indiana jones series isn't too bad so that gets my vote... I'd say thats the only series on the list that is really watchable, but my god, talk about a comprehensive list of shit.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chum43 View Post
    if you could add a series of ice picks to the rectum I would vote for that... or is this a list of the most overrated film series of all time?

seriously though, the indiana jones series isn't too bad so that gets my vote... I'd say thats the only series on the list that is really watchable, but my god, talk about a comprehensive list of shit.
    Thanks for a great addition to the thread.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Thanks for a great addition to the thread.
    sorry i just detest big hollywood crapfest series, and I never pass up the oppurtunity to lash out on them... specially these godfather freaks, the godfather is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, at least the rest are a lot of fun for kids and nostalgia... but the godfather just sucks.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Godfather sucks? Yeah lol, that is why its considered one of the greatest films of all time, all 3 of them.

You are probably a Gigli fan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

sorry i just detest big hollywood crapfest series, and I never pass up the oppurtunity to lash out on them... specially these godfather freaks, the godfather is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, at least the rest are a lot of fun for kids and nostalgia... but the godfather just sucks.
    Oh just saw this......lol an independent film snob. Probably the worst channel on Direct TV is the Sundance channel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    Oh just saw this......lol an independent film snob. Probably the worst channel on Direct TV is the Sundance channel.
    oooooh.... ok, first of all I hate independent film snobs as much as I hate big hollywood film idiots... I actually have a taste in films that is closer to what people would call average, sex, violence, blood, cigarettes, fart jokes, I love that stuff... so please don't call me an independent film snob, I may be snobbish when it comes to movies I hate, but I love movies that are just as "illigitemate" to indie snobs as the movies I hate...

and just because everyone loves a movie doesn't mean everyone isn't wrong in my opinion, it is just my opinion, like whatever movies you want, I love cinema and I just think the godfather is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, i'm sorry if I portray that in a snobby way, but I promise it's just for effect, i don't think any less of you if you love the godfather, I just don't see why.

and I agree about sundance.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

oooooh.... ok, first of all I hate independent film snobs as much as I hate big hollywood film idiots... I actually have a taste in films that is closer to what people would call average, sex, violence, blood, cigarettes, fart jokes, I love that stuff... so please don't call me an independent film snob, I may be snobbish when it comes to movies I hate, but I love movies that are just as "illigitemate" to indie snobs as the movies I hate...

and just because everyone loves a movie doesn't mean everyone isn't wrong in my opinion, it is just my opinion, like whatever movies you want, I love cinema and I just think the godfather is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, i'm sorry if I portray that in a snobby way, but I promise it's just for effect, i don't think any less of you if you love the godfather, I just don't see why.

and I agree about sundance.
    Nah, you came across as a snob, you are backpedaling now that you've been called on it......sorry.

Anybody who thinks the Godfathers I AND II are shitty films don't know shit about films. Go watch Space Balls for the 43rd time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was a toss up between Star Wars and LOTR. I picked LOTR because the storyline is better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm just not a series person so I can't vote..
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nah, you came across as a snob, you are backpedaling now that you've been called on it......sorry.

Anybody who thinks the Godfathers I AND II are shitty films don't know shit about films. Go watch Space Balls for the 43rd time.
    snob i have no problem with... independent film snob is what i contested to...

and this is precisely what I hate about godfather idiot assholes(and no not everyone that likes the godfather qualifies, just you and the majority)... if I don't like the godfather I don't know shit about films... if that isn't a snob I don't know what is... space balls is worse than star wars, if you want to see a good movie about organized crime go watch once upon a time in america, the director turned down the offer to direct the godfather because he saw it for the shit that it was and decided to make his own gangster movie based on the hoods by harry grey, and I know plenty about films, and I know enough that I don't like the godfather, but I didn't claim that you knew nothing about films, I just claim that you are an asshole for thinking I don't, simply based on the fact that I think the godfather sucks.

and I wasn't exactly backpedalling because I was called on it, it's called tact and I thought I came on a bit too strong, but now I realize it wasn't strong enough because you continue to think you are better than anyone who doesn't like the godfather as much as you.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

snob i have no problem with... independent film snob is what i contested to...

and this is precisely what I hate about godfather idiot assholes(and no not everyone that likes the godfather qualifies, just you and the majority)... if I don't like the godfather I don't know shit about films... if that isn't a snob I don't know what is... space balls is worse than star wars, if you want to see a good movie about organized crime go watch once upon a time in america, the director turned down the offer to direct the godfather because he saw it for the shit that it was and decided to make his own gangster movie based on the hoods by harry grey, and I know plenty about films, and I know enough that I don't like the godfather, but I didn't claim that you knew nothing about films, I just claim that you are an asshole for thinking I don't, simply based on the fact that I think the godfather sucks.

and I wasn't exactly backpedalling because I was called on it, it's called tact and I thought I came on a bit too strong, but now I realize it wasn't strong enough because you continue to think you are better than anyone who doesn't like the godfather as much as you.
    Bullshit, you are the absolute first person(probably the only) who thinks the Godfather is shit. Thats like saying the Yankees are a shit organization, absolutely unfathomable. Its completely appropriate to say you don't know shit when you make an assinine a statement as this is.

Once Upon A Time? Yeah its ok, Goodfellas is the best mob movie ever made followed by A Bronx Tale.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bullshit, you are the absolute first person(probably the only) who thinks the Godfather is shit. Thats like saying the Yankees are a shit organization, absolutely unfathomable. Its completely appropriate to say you don't know shit when you make an assinine a statement as this is.

Once Upon A Time? Yeah its ok, Goodfellas is the best mob movie ever made followed by A Bronx Tale.
    the difference is the yankees actually win something, so yes it would be contrary to say they are a shit organization... movies don't count because EVERYTHING they get is based solely on opinion, just because that opinion is widespread doesn't mean anyone who disagrees doesn't know anything about movies, it's a very popular, very lucrative, very well respected series, see i know about it, and I still don't like it one bit...

bronx tale and goodfellas are amazing movies, this poll just happens to encompass the entirety of the movies that are super-popular and thought of as the best that I simply don't like at all, if it isn't on this list and it's a big hit that is considered one of the best of all time, I probably like it, these, aside from indiana, are just crap I can't sit through more than once a piece... i'm not entertained, it's nothing profound, i just don't enjoy them and don't like the taboo of disliking such things.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have all three extended versions of LOTR. That's the only way to watch those movies. They actually stayed very close to the books which is why they are my favorites. Indiana Jones would be my second choice.

Star wars is too kiddie. Godfathers were boring to me, didn't care for them, besides the fact I can't stand marlin brando.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I have all three extended versions of LOTR. That's the only way to watch those movies. They actually stayed very close to the books which is why they are my favorites. Indiana Jones would be my second choice.

Star wars is too kiddie. Godfathers were boring to me, didn't care for them, besides the fact I can't stand marlin brando.
    You see Gaffer don't quite understand the boring part either but I can handle it coming from you.............you didn't go and piss on soldiers in another thread.