View Poll Results: Which of the listed series is your favorite?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars

4 28.57%
  • Godfather

1 7.14%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

0 0%
  • Star Trek

0 0%
  • Indiana Jones

2 14.29%
  • Alien(s)

0 0%
  • Lord of the Rings

6 42.86%
  • Harry Potter

1 7.14%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Look at 2001 again. All of the spaceships either appear stationary or move in a straight line. The largest special effects breakthrough of Star Wars way making spaceships that had full range of motion in all 3 dimensions.
    I made that point earlier, but my contention was that it was simply a sci fi movie with better special effects, it looks much more realistic and much more like you are in space, I didn't say they were more advanced... and that movie does look better, and aside from some nifty flying manuevers and lightsabers it has superior looking special effects, which within the movie is all it needs...

it's just the biggest difference between me and the general movie going public, I don't care how groundbreaking you are if the movie sucks the movie sucks, and in the case of star wars it was just alright, but nothing special... I don't kiss the boots of the makers of pearl harbor because the explosions looked nice, because the movie sucked, I'd much rather watch a talented director doing a space adventure flick with stick figures using stop-motion than watch let's say battlestar galactica... but thats just me, and it doesn't mean I'm an independent film snob, I just think less is more if you aren't going to make a quality movie with that more, and the quality is simply a matter of opinion.
    See You In Hell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...........

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    It was a toss up between Star Wars and LOTR. I picked LOTR because the storyline is better.
    For me it was a toss up between Star Wars and Harry Potter, but Star Wars wins hands down. Although The Godfather and Indiana Jones are also a couple of the greatest movies ever made.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.