About a year and a half ago, I had surgery to correct a badly deviated septum which had been causing sinus infections every few months and major breathing problems. Since then, only one sinus infection, and it was much less severe than before, so that's a plus.

However, I've had issues with the right side being always a little more closed up than the left, even with the steroid spray he gave me to take daily (chronic rhinitis).

So, on my last visit, he discussed an in-office procedure which takes about 10 minutes, called turbinate coblation. First they anesthetist the nasal area (spray, and then a lovely, long, pointy needle...yay), and then, as the video shows, they shove a tiny little two-pronged fork into the turbinate and in two or three passes, they essentially burn out the material inside to reduce the turbinate size, thus opening the nasal passage and improving breathing.

The whole thing takes about 10 minutes, and there is supposedly no real recovery time, no pain, and no post procedural care required.

This... should be interesting. Procedure is at 9:00AM, so if I don't post by noon, I died on the chair. Memorial donations can be sent to the Marcus Aurelius preservation society.

The video...