Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Another gang rape in Egypt

Remember last year and Lara Logan? Look it up if not. Anyway, here we go again. It's bad enough over here with all of the unrest. But do these people not have ANY decency? The violence and abuse over there towards women is completely out of control. My second thought is, if it were at the Square, why didn't anyone intervene? I asked the same thing about Lara too. Always a blind eye.

Foreign reporter raped in Tahrir Square

Hospital reports Dutch journalist underwent gang rape in Cairo square several days ago. Reporter released from hospital after undergoing surgery

Egyptian media reported Sunday that a Dutch journalist was raped by several men in Cairo's Tahrir Square a few days ago.

Dina Zakaria, a journalist reporting for the "Egypt 25" news channel affiliated with the January 25 revolution, shared the incident on her Facebook page Sunday: "A Dutch journalist in Tahrir was raped by men who dub themselves revolutionists. Her condition is severe and she is hospitalized."

Meanwhile, a state hospital issued a statement that the journalist was admitted after being raped by five men several days ago. She underwent surgery and has been released. It was also reported that Egypt's Prosecutor General Talaat Abdallah ordered his staff to go to the hospital to hear the woman's story and reveal the circumstances behind the violent attack.

Egyptian women face sexual harassment and assaults on a daily basis. During and after the revolution, there have been a number of case of foreign reporters who were sexually assaulted, such as Sonia Dridi and Lara Logan.

Sexual harassment is not new within the conservative Egyptian society, yet the extent of this phenomenon has grown and become more violent and visible. The Egyptian law defines assault as a crime, but not sexual assault.

The United Nations claimed last month that it holds some 25 sexual assault reports that occurred in Tahrir Square, the center of the protest, in one week in the beginning of the year. The organization dedicated to preventing sexual assaults, whose activists patrolled Tahrir Square, reported 19 assaults on January 25 alone – the second anniversary of the uprising against Hosni Mubarak. Among the reports was also a case of a girl who was raped by a sharp instrument.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...399041,00.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Must have been some Coptic Christians. Muslim men don't rape women,they revere them, according to Jahil.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um... Don't go to a place where people are in the middle of a revolution where there is no police presence if you want to be 100% sure of your safety?

How's that for good advice?

Oh, and Suez is probably not a good place to be now either. They have guns this time and are shooting each other.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Um... Don't go to a place where people are in the middle of a revolution where there is no police presence if you want to be 100% sure of your safety?

Oh, and Suez is probably not a good place to be now either. They have guns this time and are shooting each other.
    Um... Don't rape people?

How's that for rules by which to live?

Fucking animals.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um... Don't go to a [MUSLIM] place where people are in the middle of a revolution where there is no police presence if you want to be 100% sure [YOU ARE NOT RAPED BY MUSLIMS]?

I corrected your statement above. You're welcome, dumb ass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    I corrected your statement above. You're welcome, dumb ass.
    Right, because only Muslims gang rape.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    If you read this forum lately, only Muslims do bad things.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In this case, yes... it was Muslims.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you read this forum lately, only Muslims do bad things.
    Only Muslims do bad things, in the name of peace, dumb ass.

Only Muslims do bad things, and lie about it, claiming it wasn't 'really' Muslims that did it, dumb ass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    In this case, yes... it was Muslims.
    Not all Muslims rape women, and not all rapes are committed by Muslims-- so why is their being muslim relevant? And furthermore, why troll jafar about it? Everytime there's a shooting, is it justified for antigun proponents to blame the nra?
    I do find it troubling that, allegedly, Egypt has no sexual assault laws; but that's the issue, not Islam. There certainly are some other troubling things about the so-called "conservative" cultures of predominantly muslim societies, but western societies aren't devoid of sex-related crimes. Human trafficking for example. Is that capitalism's fault?
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Not all Muslims rape women, and not all rapes are committed by Muslims-- so why is their being muslim relevant? And furthermore, why troll jafar about it? Everytime there's a shooting, is it justified for antigun proponents to blame the nra?
    I do find it troubling that, allegedly, Egypt has no sexual assault laws; but that's the issue, not Islam. There certainly are some other troubling things about the so-called "conservative" cultures of predominantly muslim societies, but western societies aren't devoid of sex-related crimes. Human trafficking for example. Is that capitalism's fault?
    Its arab spring II. The egyptians want a real democracy and not an islamic run theocracy. So they are taking to the streets again. If they are ever going to have sexual assault laws they have to have a legitimate govt. Without laws to reign them in many men will do as they please with women. If you don't have murder laws murders will be committed.

islam is the source of the laws in egypt and the rest of the ME. As long as it remains in the govt there will never be any real protection for women or the people in general. At least part of the population in egypt seems to be recognizing that fact.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Um... Don't rape people?

How's that for rules by which to live?

Fucking animals.
    Wherever humans gather in large numbers, crimes are committed. Why the focus on Egyptians? As if they are the only ones who do it.

Horror at family music festival as teenage girl is gang raped after getting lost

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2XvYw8MPu
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Pop fan raped in tent

Woman reports rape, possible drugging at Summer Camp

Read more: http://www.pjstar.com/news/x86323416...#ixzz2XvZAnYfx

Second rape at Latitude music festival in Suffolk

Girl, 15, raped at Bestival music festival

17-year-old girl raped at music festival

Music Festival Fans. "Fucking Animals".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Wherever humans gather in large numbers, crimes are committed. Why the focus on Egyptians? As if they are the only ones who do it.

Horror at family music festival as teenage girl is gang raped after getting lost

Pop fan raped in tent

99.3% of Egyptian women experienced sexual harassment: report

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2013/0...ssment-report/

You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Pop fan raped in tent

All rapists are animals, fuckwit.

What I find especially offensive is your misogynistic and ignorant comment:

As if that excuses rape, or any other violent action. As if it was her fault. As if you were excusing the actions of the mob. As if she deserved it Is that what you were doing? Because it sure seems like it...

Go fuck a donkey.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

The title of this thread is 'Another gang rape in Egypt'. It refers, obviously, to (a) the gang rape which occurred, and (b) its location, in Egypt.

I've been reading some stats on Egypt. Apparently, 94 percent of Egypt is composed of Muslims. I strongly suspect, therefore, that Islam has SOME form of connection ....

... and especially considering your observation that Egypt has no sexual assault laws. Now ... could that JUST BE, because ... those same Muslims are governed by Sharia Law ?

Apparently, in Egypt, Christian families can be governed by Canon law, and Jewish families by Jewish law (... which is interesting). However, with a very large majority of Egyptians being Muslim (nearly 19 in 20) ... what's the likelihood that what we have here is a definably Muslim issue ?

Perhaps Jafar would be better employed in proving, against overwhelming odds, that those guilty 'were not Muslims' (.. should be easy, in fact, since so many Muslims AREN'T Muslims, according to Jafar ...). If on the other hand he can't, well .. I'd say that Islamic Law, evidently prejudiced against conferring even basic rights to women, has to be a factor in what the rapists needed to be concerned with.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!