Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default 'Gay' threats of violence turn into attack

This amazes me , they want Gay rights or tolerance of different life styles but yet don't want to hear the truth , the Bible says it is a sin a sin that you can be forgiven for but a sin just the same so if you wish to be gay either ya don't believe in what the bible says or are willing to take the chance that the bible is wrong so why get mad when a preacher simply holds a sign telling you what the truth is . If you want to live a alternative lifestyle you have to realize there will be those opposed to it and a preacher holding a sign most certainly didn't deserve to be attacked , I mean if it bothered this guy that much ( the sign the preacher was holding ) then as far as I am concerned that blows the entire argument of being born that way , nope he is just a pervert that couldn't even afford a hooker

The violence that has been threatened for years by homosexuals who are intolerant of those who espouse an opposing world view turned real at a “gay pride” event recently in Seattle, where authorities arrested two men for attacking a preacher.
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/gay-threa...hzawUXQl6BL.99
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I saw this yesterday. It is a sad state of affairs when those calling for acceptance and tolerance offer none...

BTW Jeff, does your link have all the information and stats? Some folk seem unable to use a search engine to find more information...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I saw this yesterday. It is a sad state of affairs when those calling for acceptance and tolerance offer none...

BTW Jeff, does your link have all the information and stats? Some folk seem unable to use a search engine to find more information...

You Know me Mr. hjmick I post what I see use my head to see the truth and don't worry about facts to prove what is shown to me in black and white

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    This amazes me , they want Gay rights or tolerance of different life styles but yet don't want to hear the truth , the Bible says it is a sin a sin that you can be forgiven for but a sin just the same so if you wish to be gay either ya don't believe in what the bible says or are willing to take the chance that the bible is wrong so why get mad when a preacher simply holds a sign telling you what the truth is . If you want to live a alternative lifestyle you have to realize there will be those opposed to it and a preacher holding a sign most certainly didn't deserve to be attacked
    The old phrase ironically goes 'no tolerance for intolerance. You'd think people like that preacher would be more concerned with spreading his gods love, than his hate, no?

I mean if it bothered this guy that much ( the sign the preacher was holding ) then as far as I am concerned that blows the entire argument of being born that way , nope he is just a pervert
    that couldn't even afford a hooker
    Using the same logic - if a black guy assaulted a man who was holding some racist signs, would you say 'well that blows the entire argument about being born black, clearly he chose to be that way'

The violence that has been threatened for years by homosexuals who are intolerant of those who espouse an opposing world view turned real at a “gay pride” event recently in Seattle, where authorities arrested two men for attacking a preacher. Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/gay-threa...hzawUXQl6BL.99
    No one should be attacking anyone, physically, verbally or mentally, but there is plenty of hate, and thus attacks, from both sides here.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Also, watching the video, it seems to be mostly one guy who is described as having a significant 'wrap sheet' and when he starts assaulting the preacher the other gays around are shouting "stop" and pull him away.
    So in a big crowd there was a looney with previous, go figure.
    Last edited by Noir; 07-06-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    The old phrase ironically goes 'no tolerance for intolerance. You'd think people like that preacher would be more concerned with spreading his gods love, than his hate, no?

Using the same logic - if a black guy assaulted a man who was holding some racist signs, would you say 'well that blows the entire argument about being born black, clearly he chose to be that way'

No one should be attacking anyone, physically, verbally or mentally, but there is plenty of hate, and thus attacks, from both sides here.
    1) The preacher was spreading love Noir in his eyes he was letting these people know if they repent for there sins they will be forgiven , he was actually spreading love by trying to help save these people

2) The preacher wasn't holding a racist sign nor a sign filled with hate a true Christian believes if he/she can help turn any sinner away from what they are doing and help steer them to god they have done good , so bad example

3) And number three you may be right but this article showed a one sided attack , but I see you saying it is coming from both sides but you are clearly trying to prove the preachers side wrong , your first two comments show that

Noir I think you are a great guy and a very smart guy but I have to wonder why with all the intelligence you have why you feel the need to hate something you don't believe in , IMO ya cant hate ( or love for that matter ) something you don't believe in , at least not to the extent of arguing about every thread you see that has anything to do with Religion , this article if you watched the video showed clearly a man ( the preacher ) peaceable holding a sign that he truly believes in and not screaming or ranting and raving but was attacked , sorry buddy but there is no excuse for that

Now you go and pick each thing apart I just typed to meet your atheist ( hard to believe you are a atheist with all your hate towards religion ) needs and post a nasty thread but remember this was cut and dry a man hold s a sign and gets attacked period

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Also, watching the video, it seems to be mostly one guy who is described as having a significant 'wrap sheet' and when he starts assaulting the preacher the other gays around are shouting "stop" and pull him away.
    So in a big crowd there was a looney with previous, go figure.
    Noir the three lesbians where right in going after the man in your opinion ? No they didn't throw punches but yes he was being attacked just the same and again Noir this thread doesn't say every gay person is a lunatic it showed what happened at one rally

Noir if you are born this way and maybe some are ya don't have to get mad or go to being violent because someone disagrees , I ride one type of motorcycle and there are people that don't like that kind of bike should I attack them , no , it is there right to believe in what they want

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...Using the same logic - if a black guy assaulted a man who was holding some racist signs, would you say 'well that blows the entire argument about being born black, clearly he chose to be that way'...
    I have proof that gay's can't be born that way. I've been making gay acquaintances rethink their opinions.
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

1) The preacher was spreading love Noir in his eyes he was letting these people know if they repent for there sins they will be forgiven , he was actually spreading love by trying to help save these people
    Telling people to 'Repent or go to hell' is not love. You do not spread love by making threats.

2) The preacher wasn't holding a racist sign nor a sign filled with hate a true Christian believes if he/she can help turn any sinner away from what they are doing and help steer them to god they have done good , so bad example
    Ignoring the fact that you said this proved to you that being gay was a choice.

3) And number three you may be right but this article showed a one sided attack , but I see you saying it is coming from both ^sides but you are clearly trying to prove the preachers side wrong your first two comments show that
    Or rather that both the preachers and the assaulter were in the wrong.

Noir I think you are a great guy
    Thanks, I do too ^,^

and a very smart guy
    Do go on...

but
    Dammit i knew a but was comming

I have to wonder why with all the intelligence you have why you feel the need to hate something you don't believe in , IMO ya cant hate ( or love for that matter ) something you don't believe in , at least not to the extent of arguing about every thread you see that has anything to do with Religion , this article if you watched the video showed clearly a man ( the preacher ) peaceable holding a sign that he truly believes in and not screaming or ranting and raving but was attacked , sorry buddy but there is no excuse for that Now you go and pick each thing apart I just typed to meet your atheist ( hard to believe you are a atheist with all your hate towards religion ) needs and post a nasty thread but remember this was cut and dry a man hold s a sign and gets attacked period
    Some man insults a group, that group shout some insults back, and a loony in the group started hitting the guy, and the other people in the group pulled the looney away, from hitting the man that had been insulting them. Nothing special. But just look at the link you posted, read the comments at the bottom of the page, and see the hate and bile being posted about all gays because of this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Telling people to 'Repent or go to hell' is not love. You do not spread love by making threats.
    http://www.wwnorton.com/college/hist...ts/ch03_03.htm
    The God that holds you over the pit of hell, much as one holds a spider or some loathsome insect over the fire, abhors you, and is dreadfully provoked. His wrath towards you burns like fire; he looks upon you as worthy of nothing else but to be cast into the fire. He is of purer eyes than to bear you in his sight; you are ten thousand times as abominable in his eyes as the most hateful, venomous serpent is in ours.

You have offended him infinitely more than ever a stubborn rebel did his prince, and yet it is nothing but his hand that holds you from falling into the fire every moment. It is to be ascribed to nothing else that you did not got to hell the last night; that you were suffered to awake again in this world, after you closed your eyes to sleep. And there is no other reason to be given why you have not dropped into hell since you arose in the morning, but that God's hand has held you up. There is no other reason to be given why you have not gone to hell since you have sat here in the house of God provoking his pure eye by your sinful, wicked manner of attending his solemn worship. Yea, there is nothing else that is to be given as a reason why you do not this very moment drop down into hell.

O sinner! consider the fearful danger you are in! It is a great furnace of wrath, a wide and bottomless pit, full of the fire of wrath that you are held over in the hand of that God whose wrath is provoked and incensed as much against you as against many of the damned in hell. You hang by a slender thread, with the flames of Divine wrath flashing about it, and ready every moment to singe it and burn it asunder. . . .

It would be dreadful to suffer this fierceness and wrath of Almighty God one moment; but you must suffer it to all eternity. There will be no end to this exquisite, horrible misery. When you look forward, you shall see along forever a boundless duration before you, which will swallow up your thoughts, and amaze your soul. And you will absolutely despair of ever having any deliverance, any end, any mitigation, any rest at all. You will know certainly that you must wear out long ages, millions of millions of ages in wrestling with this Almighty, merciless vengeance. And then when you have so done, when so many ages have actually been spent by you in this manner, you will know that all is but a point [dot] to what remains. So that your punishment will indeed be infinite.

Oh! who can express what the state of a soul in such circumstances is! All that we can possibly say about it gives but a very feeble, faint representation of it. It is inexpressible and inconceivable: for "who knows the power of God's anger"!

How dreadful is the state of those that are daily and hourly in danger of this great wrath and infinite misery! But this is the dismal case of every soul in this congregation that has not been born again, however moral and strict, sober and religious, they may otherwise be. Oh! that you would consider it, whether you be young or old!

There is reason to think that there are many in this congregation, now hearing this discourse, that will actually be the subjects of this very misery to all eternity. We know not who they are, or in what seats they sit, or what thoughts they now have. It may be they are now at ease, and hear all these things without much disturbance, and are now flattering themselves that they are not the persons, promising themselves that they shall escape.

If we knew that there was one person, and but one, in the whole congregation, that was to be the subject of this misery, what an awful thing it would be to think of! If we knew who it was, what an awful sight would it be to see such a person! How might the rest of the congregation lift up a lamentable and bitter cry over him!

But, alas! instead of one, how many is it likely will remember this discourse in hell! And it would be a wonder, if some that are now present should not be in hell in a very short time, before this year is out. And it would be no wonder if some persons that now sit here in some seats of this meeting-house, in health, and quiet and secure, should be there before tomorrow morning!
    & Dante's inferno. God being all lovey dovey is a fairly new thing. Through most of history it's been about god's wrath, hell, etc. But in recent years god has somehow in the public opinion became a pushover who's all rainbows and butterflies.

Thanks, I do too ^,^

Do go on...

Some man insults a group, that group shout some insults back, and a loony in the group started hitting the guy, and the other people in the group pulled the looney away, from hitting the man that had been insulting them. Nothing special. But just look at the link you posted, read the comments at the bottom of the page, and see the hate and bile being posted about all gays because of this.
    Insults are fair game. Punches are not. You have the freedom of speech, not the freedom of laying out whoever disagree's with you.
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The preacher had as much right to be there and say anything he wanted as the queers did. The queer that assaulted him needs to spend a long time in jail reflecting on his life choices. With his record it seems a bullet in the head would not be a waste of lead.

They are not gays, they are queers. Queer as in unnatural. Religion has nothing to do with it. Saying they are born that way is nothing but an excuse for deviant behavior.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

me ) It is love Noir it says in the bible if ya dont repent you will go to hell , this preacher took time out of his busy day to try and help there people

me ) Ignore nothing you compared apples to oranges , but I will try to explain it to you AGAIN these people if born that way are no different than you or I in there beliefs you don't belief in god therefore if someone told you you where going to hell I would imagine you would LOL at them if someone told me that I would be mad because I try my best to live by the bible and if these people where truly born that way they would ( if they believed in God ) know God created them and he would know they where born that way so they would try to explain that or simply ignore it

me) The preacher assaulted no one he defended himself

Thanks, I do too ^,^

Do go on...

me) Told ya I thought you where smart

me) No hate at all Noir these people understand the way the preacher believes , he was there to try and help some of Gods children and was attacked for it and yes that makes some very angry
    )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This amazes me , they want Gay rights or tolerance of different life styles but yet don't want to hear the truth , the Bible says it is a sin a sin that you can be forgiven for but a sin just the same so if you wish to be gay either ya don't believe in what the bible says or are willing to take the chance that the bible is wrong so why get mad when a preacher simply holds a sign telling you what the truth is . If you want to live a alternative lifestyle you have to realize there will be those opposed to it and a preacher holding a sign most certainly didn't deserve to be attacked , I mean if it bothered this guy that much ( the sign the preacher was holding ) then as far as I am concerned that blows the entire argument of being born that way , nope he is just a pervert that couldn't even afford a hooker

The violence that has been threatened for years by homosexuals who are intolerant of those who espouse an opposing world view turned real at a “gay pride” event recently in Seattle, where authorities arrested two men for attacking a preacher.
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/gay-threa...hzawUXQl6BL.99

According to Jason's FB page and the woman standing next tio him in the wedding dress, he's most definitely not gay.

https://m.facebook.com/jason.queree?id=1834861746&_rdr

It's a Breitbart style set-up. If you listen to the idiot with the camera he says "This is why I'm here".
    Last edited by Damn Yankee's Twinkie; 07-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    I have proof that gay's can't be born that way. I've been making gay acquaintances rethink their opinions.
    It doesn't matter if they were born that way. Irrespective of their desires, they can control their behavior. If someone is born as a kleptomaniac, does that mean it's OK for them to steal?
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    It doesn't matter if they were born that way. Irrespective of their desires, they can control their behavior. If someone is born as a kleptomaniac, does that mean it's OK for them to steal?
    In exactly the same sense that when two people get married, thats them, for life, bound. Irrespective of any desires that they may have to be happy or at least less miserable (if the marriage doesn't work out), and should they dare to do so, and find companionship with another human, they will burn for their sins as a wrenched adulterer. Right?

As an aside, do people stand outside divorce offices with signs, telling people they will burn in hell for their sinful ways?
    Last edited by Noir; 07-07-2013 at 11:43 AM.