Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Rev, I like this thread. It is true that all new scientific "facts" are being based off of unproven hypothesis, if anything get's proven wrong, like the big bang, everything else goes kaput.
    I think the whole thing is about when you look into new things, don't base it off of anything.
    What is it that detectives say? "If you're looking for a suicide, that's what you'll find. If you're looking for a murder, that's what you'll find. Don't rule out anything."
    Hell, why even rule out that matter can't be created or destroyed? Do you have any idea what kind of theories would come out of that with expansion of the universe???
    Who's to say that the universe isn't just a continually ticking clock, and there's neither beginnings nor endings in this universe, and time just keeps repeating itself in phases? Maybe history keeps repeating itself every couple billion years? Maybe we've nuked ourselves countless times into oblivion?
    what if when black holes get so big, they rip a hole in the plane of space time, and shoot out in all directions due to massive amounts of anti-gravity?
    who's to say there aren't multiple dimensions, that are all touching eachother in the 4th dimension, and there's a doorway somewhere leading to them? Maybe black holes are said doorway?
    What if atoms aren't shaped the way we picture them? and they're actually some different thing all together?
    I like that detective comment.
    You know the old Sherlock Holmes quotes
    "The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes."

'It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.'

'How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?'

the problem with so many science ativities is that they get pieces of puzzles and say HEY this fits but when they get a piece that doesnt fit they won't take aprt the puzzle again to start over. and try new ways to arrange the sparse pieces.

the more i read i'm convinced we really don't no much about the comos. it's almost like we live in 1800's on an island in the Pacific and were guessing about what the rest of the world is like by pieces of wood that have floated to shore and study of migratory birds and fish.
    or worse.

I think we've got data about the comos but assumptions about deep history seems crazy to me. all of the so called constants are in doubt now adays.
    at the very least there's some small fluctuation and in some case large ones may be possible.

humility from a scientific position seems to be the way to go.
    it's Fun to explore claiming all you conclusions are "fact" is hubris at this point . we just don't know enough.

Last edited by revelarts; 07-25-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16