Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    ... just enough evidence to make it a theory or law. second, yes, I've said before we have enough converging lines of evidence for the scientific community to agree evolution is a real mechanism

Earlier you said a theory must be falsifiable.
    now it only has to have "just enough evidence"
    and you assert that "you've said" there are other lines of evidence.
    and again appeal to majority dogma... i mean opinion.

the evidence supporting most other scientific theories are many times more accessible and experimental than the grand extrapolations, guess work and the hidden magic found in millions of years

He wrote a book. That is not a peer reviewed scientific experiment that falsifies evolution. I googled a bit and the only sites that talk about genetic entropy are creationist sites
    The guy is no crackpot.
    here's a bit of his CV did you see it?
    ... Dr. Sanford has published over 70 scientific publications in peer reviewed journals.[1][2]

Inventions
    Sanford is a prolific inventor with more than 32 issued patents. At Cornell Sanford and colleagues developed the "Biolistic Particle Delivery System" or so-called "gene gun".[3][4][5] He is the co-inventor of the Pathogen-derived Resistance (PDR) process and the co-inventor of the genetic vaccination process. He was given the "Distinguished Inventor Award" by the Central New York Patent Law Association in 1990 and 1995. He has founded two biotechnology companies, Sanford Scientific and Biolistics. In 1998 he retired on the proceeds from the sale of his biotech companies, and continued at Cornell as a courtesy associate professor.

Genetic Entropy & the Mystery of the Genome
    Sanford has argued for devolution in his book Genetic Entropy & the Mystery of the Genome (2005, 2008).,[6][7] He summarized all evolutionary major population models in the Appendix.

Mendel's Accountant

Sanford and colleagues developed the quantitative forward genetic modeling program Mendel's Accountant. Sanford et al. published two peer reviewed papers dealing with genetic entropy in computing journals concerned with modeling methodology.[8][9]
    Based on quantitative modeling evidence developed using Mendel's Accountant and from the mutation evidence he compiled, Sanford holds that the genome is deteriorating and therefore could not have evolved in the way specified by the modern evolutionary synthesis...
    Last edited by revelarts; 01-02-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

btw there is a film called chasing ice, i had the pleasure of spending 3 weeks with the director. on one 3 mile wide glacier he filmed for 3 years it had retreated 8 miles. amazing!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

btw there is a film called chasing ice, i had the pleasure of spending 3 weeks with the director. on one 3 mile wide glacier he filmed for 3 years it had retreated 8 miles. amazing!

I don't get it. You argue yourself blue in the face for evolution, yet you accept the false reports about global warming as gospel truth. I can fully agree with you on evolution, but I don't for a minute buy into man made global warming. I don't care how many glaciers melt, it's not caused by man. The glaciers will return with the next ice age. Which they said we were entering into back in the 70's.

If you melt all the ice in the arctic you won't effect the sea level at all, because that ice is all floating up there. Like melting an ice cube in a glass of water. Once it melts the water level doesn't change.

Who paid that director to make that film? the govt? a foundation? You might want to look into the money source. My guess is it's either govt or the tides foundation.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I don't for a minute buy into man made global warming. I don't care how many glaciers melt, it's not caused by man.
    What then do you think is responsible for the doubling of C02 in the last 100 years?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What then do you think is responsible for the doubling of C02 in the last 100 years?
    What then do you think is responsible for the recent cooling trend? They had to abandon "warming" for "change" when their dire predictions failed to come to pass. Explain how temps have gone down while CO2 has increased.
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

6. Thanks revelarts, Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
    What then do you think is responsible for the recent cooling trend? They had to abandon "warming" for "change" when their dire predictions failed to come to pass. Explain how temps have gone down while CO2 has increased.
    Can you post a source

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you post a source
    Tons of data and links to official data sources here: http://www.c3headlines.com/global-co...videncetrends/
    I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. -- Susan B. Anthony

9. Thanks Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fudged reports.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I will leave this discussion with the following link
    http://www.realclearscience.com/blog...denialism.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will leave this discussion with the following link
    http://www.realclearscience.com/blog...denialism.html
    There is no consensus that human produced CO2 is responsible for climate change. BTW, did you check out my sources and have you been able to reconcile temps going down while CO2 increased?

13. Thanks Gaffer, revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I'm throwing in with the brilliant minds that study this stuff for decades, not some soap box forum fluffs.

Hate the politics, not the science.

Given how enourmous the universe is, 20% off is not bad. Science is just scratching the surface, but it's gotta us pretty darn far already. Why bet against it. I'm throwing in with the guys that can send men to space, who develop MRI, who develop cancer fighting drugs, who develop fibre optic networks, who create nano sized quantum computers etc.
    Really , 20% of a hundred is 20. Granted not a huge number. 20% of a trillion is 200 billion!! Not a small number. So a 20% increase in the size of the known universe represents a staggering number. As a 9th grade student I argued with the teacher that the known universe was almost surely much larger than they then predicted it was THEN AND LIKELY MUCH OLDER. MR. DAVIS FINALLY RELENTED BY YEARS END AND ADMITTED HE THOUGHT I WAS FAR MORE LIKELY TO BE RIGHT THAN HE HAD PREVIOUSLY BEEN. We had argued this in class several times so he announced to the entire class his change of heart on the topic! And while we are at it "scientific man" gets to make limitations like "known"--and --unknown universe. I used to laugh at this even as a freshman in high school. If part of the Universe within infinite space is known THEN ANY ESTIMATES OF THE REMAINDER'S SIZE, QUANTITY OF GALAXIES , STARS ETC IS 100% PURE SPECULATION. Simply because there was not then and still are not now any way of determining such numbers within the so-called "known Universe"! Estimates 200 billion or 2 trillion off are nothing but wild guesses. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I figured the close minded would like to see this.

But mostly this is for Rev.

http://science.discovery.com/tv-show...h-the-wormhole

http://vimeo.com/39982578
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"

16. Thanks revelarts, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    I figured the close minded would like to see this.

But mostly this is for Rev.

http://science.discovery.com/tv-show...h-the-wormhole

http://vimeo.com/39982578
    Absolutely amazing. Clinically dead for that long and then can be routinely brought back is an astounding advancement. From that I can speculate that death is an absolute only when the human soul has left the body and not a moment before that time. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18. Thanks revelarts, cadet thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

pete. Instead of calling you 'pete'. I do believe it would be more respectable to you to call you AL. As in....
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

20. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a2RZzyFTTXo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

22. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post