Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    logroller one New years eve we where at my sons and of course at midnight we pulled the guns out and shot into the ground well my sons buddy had just bought this Glock 40 he was in love with man it was all he talked about and he bought one of those off brand Mags that held ( I think ) it was 23 well he started to shoot it and after a couple it jammed and him and my son are looking at the gun trying to figure out what to do so I told them drop the Mag and try the slide so the kid says OK and as he goes to drop the mag for some reason using two hands he steady poured beer all down the gun, he got all upset and my kid ( the smart ass ) tells him beer is good for it it will condition it so they get the shell UN lodged and my boy talks him into pouring beer all down the barrel just all over, needless to say the next morning I taught him how to tear it down and clean it , but ya had to see how serious this kid was thinking he was protecting his gun with beer
    Hilarious. Nice of you to teach him how to break it down. As tyr mentioned, learning respect for firearms, including proper maintenance, how to clear a jam etc, is as much a part of firearm handling as which end the bullet comes out. I suppose we should add put your beer down before checking on a jam. I'm a fan of two hands on the gun while in the act of shooting; ie weaver stance. Also, while the rules in the op may be helpful to some, but I've always favored the four rules taught by jeff cooper; mostly because they're easy to remember. (I may paraphrase them)
    1) treat every firearm as if its loaded;
    2) don't point it at something you're not willing to kill or destroy;
    3) keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire;
    4) know your target and beyond.

And of course, don't spill beer in the action-- it's not good for the gun and, as tyr pointed out, its a waste of beer.
    If you feeling curious, google Jeff cooper-- he pretty much wrote the book on many aspects of pistol handling and techniques of an armed confrontation, focusing on the necessary mental preparedness utilizing color codes. Man had some great quotes too; for example, "no more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in Los Angeles are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition."
    Last edited by logroller; 08-01-2013 at 12:30 AM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Hilarious. Nice of you to teach him how to break it down. As tyr mentioned, learning respect for firearms, including proper maintenance, how to clear a jam etc, is as much a part of firearm handling as which end the bullet comes out. I suppose we should add put your beer down before checking on a jam. I'm a fan of two hands on the gun while in the act of shooting; ie weaver stance. Also, while the rules in the op may be helpful to some, but I've always favored the four rules taught by jeff cooper; mostly because they're easy to remember. (I may paraphrase them)
    1) treat every firearm as if its loaded;
    2) don't point it at something you're not willing to kill or destroy;
    3) keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire;
    4) know your target and beyond.

And of course, don't spill beer in the action-- it's not good for the gun and, as tyr pointed out, its a waste of beer.
    If you feeling curious, google Jeff cooper-- he pretty much wrote the book on many aspects of pistol handling and techniques of an armed confrontation, focusing on the necessary mental preparedness utilizing color codes. Man had some great quotes too; for example, "no more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in Los Angeles are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition."
    I didn't kno who wrote them but that is the four I always go by and pass on to new shooters
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I didn't kno who wrote them but that is the four I always go by and pass on to new shooters
    Ditto on the passing on. I've heard stories about them being attributed to some civil war general or somesuch, but Cooper pushed firearm safety extensively; plus he's such a badass, I prefer to think they're his.
    Last edited by logroller; 08-01-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99