Ok, here's what's up. Technically, I have the money to propose to my girlfriend. But, I'm cheep, and don't want to spend the money, cause it takes my entire bank account/college fund down to 1,000 for a bit. I can always just put all the money I make during school back into my account. So I guess money's not that big of a deal. (But i'm a cheep Jew like my mom )

I've been telling this girl that I might have the money to propose around winter, and she's all pissed cause she knows how much money I have, (accidentally started bragging about my funds).

So, she's currently pissed. I got to thinking, and this might be perfect. My whole plan for proposing to her wasn't the "show up on doorstep and drop on my knee" but a little more in depth than that.
I'm going to cut all communication to her, except for a letter, sealed with wax. (having all her friends in on it too, of course) that letter's going to have clues sending her to our first date, where i'll then have the little old lady that works there give her another note, which will take her to another area that will have one of her friends dressed kinda sketchy, and hand her another suspicious note.
When she get's to the last note, (after 5 times of going through this) I'm going to have her "Save me" where I'll be back at our first date site with a ring in hand. With as many friends and family as possible there as well, it's a skating rink, so there's stuff to do) And of course, I'll be keeping contact with her friends and family the entire time. Not sure how long it will take, but I think I could pull it off.

I figure that since she's currently pissed, and under the impression that I'm going to ask later more than sooner, it's the best time to screw with her head.
And if she really cares enough, she'll make it through the entire adventure.
And then, that'll give us the entire school year to wait before we tie the knot.

What do ya'll think? My parents included.

I mean, I could always wait till winter like I told her... but...