Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
DEER ARE SMART ANIMALS AND THEY LEARN REAL QUICK WHAT AND WHO TO AVOID! When an area has been hunted a lot they are skittish and quite easily spooked. They tend to move about with even more of the extreme caution that usual. They shy way from wide open spaces etc. On the other hand in areas never hunted they are often quite bold even during daylight hours. The cagey old bucks are even more alert and cautious. Often one has to let the doe's move on by to wait for the buck that lets them go forth to be the victim if danger awaits.-Tyr
Yes...and that hold true as to why CA and other liberal States have more big cat and bear attacks. The animals that once feared (or at least respected man) no longer have the need or necessity to do NEITHER. I'm trying not to ruin this thread with politics but sometimes a subject simply goes hand in hand with another. The SOUTH and SOUTH East have many deer and they all fear man BUT I've noticed how bold the deer, turkey and bear are when I'm out in Gatlinburg/Cosby area. Then again, you can go just a few miles and really see a difference in the wildlife's outlook on MAN. You can immediately tell where is hunted or not.

Our cabin in the Smokey Mountains has turkey, deer and bear walk by with just a bit of caution (which unnerves me a bit). HA! It truly is dangerous in the summer cuz you could very likely run smack dab into an old sow with her cub....and that just won't do for either of us cuz I'm ALWAYS glued to a pistol in the mountains.