Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Larrymc View Post
    Only if Gordon Ramsay would....
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure the self righteous hippies in San Francisco are drooling over this stuff.
    I'm more of a Soylent Green kinda guy, especially if that Soylent is made from self righteous hippies in San Francisco

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Given my appreciation for molecular gastronomy, I would give it a shot. Though if they could come up with a nice filet mig, that would be more of my interest.

Think Solyndra and you have my city. Not far from San Jose and SE of San Francisco.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny how this comes up since I saw this mentioned on last nights news. They say it is not very tasty due to no fat. They also claim they can add fat to it for taste too. Would I try it? Sure, why not?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While it's pretty interesting it seems like a nutritional disaster. No fat meat would kill a lot of people. We need fat to survive. Like most highly processed foods these days, low fat, high carb foods are responsible for the epidemic of Diabetes and heart disease that we are facing today.

Our grandparents cooked in lard, drowned veges in butter, and low fat for them was trimming a bit off the steak on their plate. It never did them any harm.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I still haven't worked up enough courage to try a tofu burger....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 08-06-2013 at 02:05 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    While it's pretty interesting it seems like a nutritional disaster. No fat meat would kill a lot of people. We need fat to survive. Like most highly processed foods these days, low fat, high carb foods are responsible for the epidemic of Diabetes and heart disease that we are facing today.

Our grandparents cooked in lard, drowned veges in butter, and low fat for them was trimming a bit off the steak on their plate. It never did them any harm.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Actually, our life expectancy grows longer.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Larrymc View Post
    I wouldn't touch it until the guinea pigs eat on it for several years.
    Christian Democrat has become an oxymoron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The ones that didn't buy into the highly-processed convenience foods anyway.

One of the things I commend the Food Network for is generating more interest in actually creating good meals at home using fresh ingredients. Back in the day, it was out of necessity, now it is almost a luxury when you add up the costs of ingredients for a made-from-scratch meal vs. convenience-prepared plus protein like Hamburger Helper or similar.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknuckles View Post
    I'm more of a Soylent Green kinda guy, especially if that Soylent is made from self righteous hippies in San Francisco
    Gag. It would taste like liberals... or farts.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post

One of the things I commend the Food Network for is generating more interest in actually creating good meals at home using fresh ingredients. Back in the day, it was out of necessity, now it is almost a luxury when you add up the costs of ingredients for a made-from-scratch meal vs. convenience-prepared plus protein like Hamburger Helper or similar.

KK, there are healthy alternatives to prepared kits like Hamburger Helper, near as quick. Could really cut sodium and not effect the taste.

Jafar, our grandparents worked outside all day, at least most of them. They were not sitting behind a computer for work and recreation, men, women, and children performed much physical labor. They ate massive amounts of calories and were lucky to maintain their weight from 20's to 40's, when their likely deaths would happen.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Actually, our life expectancy grows longer.
    Not due to diet. That's due to medical advances.

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post

There is a lot to be said for making your own meals. The cost of ingredients isn't a problem if you do what I do. I go out of my way a bit to shop at grower's markets which are much cheaper than supermarkets. I only shop at the supermarket for stuff I run out of mid week and for things like butter, cream and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    KK, there are healthy alternatives to prepared kits like Hamburger Helper, near as quick. Could really cut sodium and not effect the taste.

Jafar, our grandparents worked outside all day, at least most of them. They were not sitting behind a computer for work and recreation, men, women, and children performed much physical labor. They ate massive amounts of calories and were lucky to maintain their weight from 20's to 40's, when their likely deaths would happen.
    A lack of exercise is a concern for sure. All I can say is since changing to a high fat, low carb diet, I have lost 20kg (44lb) since the beginning of April, my blood pressure normalised, LDL cholesterol went down, HDL went up, I'm always full so I eat less but when I do, it is something I made from scratch. Things like, Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Omlette for breakfast, Chicken (skin on!) with a salad (greek or other salad with cheese in it) drenched in ranch or other creamy dressing for lunch, and dinner could be a 10oz steak with creamed pumpkin, peas and beans. All cooked in butter of course. I put heavy cream in my coffee or sometimes have it "bulletproof" style with a tablespoon of butter and Coconut oil blended in. 60-70% of my daily calories come from fat and only 5% from carbohydrates. My doctor used the word "remarkable" a lot at my last checkup. I've never felt better nor have I had more energy than I do now.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Perfect food for the pigs being held at GITMO

We can test the burgers of the terrorist bastards to make sure it is safe for the lab rats

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan