Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    Because I saw OCA call him a traitor, MFM responded in kind, came back to my ptuer 10 minutes later and MFM was banned and Mike's avatar was still up.

BTW, I totally disagree with not discussing bans on threads. We are all community members here and have a stake in its wellbeing. When a regular is banned, I think if the community wants to be inclusive, it should be discussed. Not talking abuot blatant thread derailing like RWA does, or those idiots who troll with ads or obvious flamming..
    i was on last night and watched it

oca called murtha a turncoat and a traitor

mainmain called oca a goat fucker

you make the call

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post

you make the call
    Wrong, he said MFM coddled up to terrorists and compared him to Murtha as a traitor, then turncoat.
    Both as bad as each other IMO..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you make the call
    manu...I realise you probably have no way of knowing this, but, for a man who made a career in the US Navy, being called a traitor is every bit as insulting as being called a goat fucker.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wrong, he said MFM coddled up to terrorists and compared him to Murtha as a traitor, then turncoat.
    Both as bad as each other IMO..
    saying someone holds views similar to another person, an stating an opinion that ones actions are aiding and abetting the enemy.... is not callign some one a tratior .... if you read OCA's words he never says it ....you and maine drew a conclusion.

saying someone is a goat fucker is a prtty staright forword acustaion

further, per the owner's of this siad OCA didn't ban him....

so all y'alls acusations that oca wond him up and banned him are false

given mains posts, i could argue that he knew those posts would wind up oca
    and maine would then flame him knowing he would get banned then you could all pounce on oca and dmp to try and get rid of them

looks like a liberal consipiracy to me...

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    manu...I realise you probably have no way of knowing this, but, for a man who made a career in the US Navy, being called a traitor is every bit as insulting as being called a goat fucker.
    yes i am too stupid to know that calling a career military person a traitor is an insult.....given that my godfather was nrc chairman under reagn, my brother worked in the bush white house my grand father was an field artillery man in the 40's and head of the VFW in the 60's, my dad was a lieutenant and i spent some of my youth near fort ord ..... yea there is no way i would know that ....

odd that you have such a thin skin for a career military guy ..... usually you all are better trained and more logical and better debaters than the average man and tend to rise above baseless comments and opinions ...

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

saying someone holds views similar to another person, an stating an opinion that ones actions are aiding and abetting the enemy.... is not callign some one a tratior .... if you read OCA's words he never says it ....you and maine drew a conclusion.
    So if I say, "Manu, just like Bob Smith you're a goat fucker" that is not insulting you? BS....

given mains posts, i could argue that he knew those posts would wind up oca
    and maine would then flame him knowing he would get banned then you could all pounce on oca and dmp to try and get rid of them

looks like a liberal consipiracy to me...
    Looks like a conspiracy (on your part) period...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes i am too stupid to know that calling a career military person a traitor is an insult.....given that my godfather was nrc chairman under reagn, my brother worked in the bush white house my grand father was an field artillery man in the 40's and head of the VFW in the 60's, my dad was a lieutenant and i spent some of my youth near fort ord ..... yea there is no way i would know that ....

that sounds an awful lot like, "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV"

My skin isn't thin...I just have made it a practice to give back to those that insult me... it really isn't much trouble.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

odd that you have such a thin skin for a career military guy ..... usually you all are better trained and more logical and better debaters than the average man and tend to rise above baseless comments and opinions ...
    My experience with career military retirees is many many of them place themselves on a pedestal above all civilians and continue to wear their rank after retirement and demand it be recognized.

They just can’t accept the fact that they are now just a PFC (private fucking civilian).

I’ve worked with way too many of these folks.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    My experience with career military retirees is many many of them place themselves on a pedestal above all civilians and continue to wear their rank after retirement and demand it be recognized.

They just can’t accept the fact that they are now just a PFC (private fucking civilian).

do you have any experience working with ME?

I do not wear my rank.... but in discussions about the military and about the middle east, I state my opinion and, particularly about the middle east, I sometimes stress my military experience in the area which, I would hope, lends some increment of credence to my opinions.

Much like if the subject around the lunch table were heart surgery, one would tend to give some increment of additional weight to the opinion of a resident studying to be a cardiologist over that of, say, the guy who fixes the photocopiers.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post

Right there with you. Honestly, it's the WORST in LTC levels. Often, they are out to prove they SHOULD have been a Colonel. They want to prove they were GOOD enough, just not selected.

I have a co-worker who used to wear his retired-rank on his sleeve. It SUCKED.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that sounds an awful lot like, "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV"

My skin isn't thin...I just have made it a practice to give back to those that insult me... it really isn't much trouble.
    so if i insult you now for your comment you will be ok with that?

and when you flame me and get banned you will accept that as your fault?

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do you have any experience working with ME?

I do not wear my rank.... but in discussions about the military and about the middle east, I state my opinion and, particularly about the middle east, I sometimes stress my military experience in the area which, I would hope, lends some increment of credence to my opinions.

Much like if the subject around the lunch table were heart surgery, one would tend to give some increment of additional weight to the opinion of a resident studying to be a cardiologist over that of, say, the guy who fixes the photocopiers.
    yes you do....you threw it in my face....and when i threw mine in yours you insulted me.....

you deserved your ban

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Grow up Mike or fuck off. Your choice. According to my "who's here" board, you were here when he got kicked.

Jim
    PM coming...
    Eat shit Grump, I logged off at around 10:30 not that it matters. Pale banned him but you are too much of a pussy to man up and say "sorry OCA I fucked up, I assumed you banned him then found out it was Pale, I made an ass out of myself, my bad".....nah that would be too much to ask from a classless piece of shit like you.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

As this is the THIRD topic in this forum about the SAME problem, I'll quote Jim, and leave it at that. If people want to man-up, and apologize that's fine. If not, you have to live with yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Enough has been said here, and explanations given. For future reference, as opposed to bringing personal stuff out for all to see, issues with a moderator should be brought to Darin, MtnBiker or you can contact me. We will do our best to explain things and pt everyone on the same page. But debating of moderating is NEVER good for any community. Asking for an explanation is ok, but that should suffice.

Thanks!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.