Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Howey View Post
    That is a quite offensive statement. If you got to know us fags you might fall in love. We're just normal people like everyone else. Just last night the boys and I sat down and I poured back at least 2 or 3 of these suckers.

Howie. Most of us would totally agree with you about being no different from the rest of us. But, when you come here waving that flag, and insisting how great you are as a homosexual who has your own man for a lover.
    Perhaps all of you would get much farther IF...you didn't always have to use places like this to JAM all of what you call SAMENESS down our throats.
    Personally. I don't care what, or who you are. Nor how you live your life. But I DON'T HAVE ANY NEED to know that much about you, or your lifestyle.
    That is insulting, and downright arrogant of you to instantly Expect that ALL OF US will just pretend you aren't what you BRAG About being here.
    My youngest brother was also Gay, and died almost twenty years ago. And he never ONCE, demanded that we...his family MUST always accept his proclivities for drugs, and having a boyfriend.
    He had a moral compass that didn't include JAMMING his feelings down our throats to become special, or get recognized as DIFFERENT...which you say...YOU ARE NOT.
    So. Let's drop the phony FLAG WAVING gay stuff, and you'll not get any Static from me.
    Understand?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

2. Likes Trinnity liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is my opinion that 'Howie' is not real. It is someone with a bunch of pictures of some poor fat guy, posting them and using an invented persona, for a laugh.

sad.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    What's wrong Howey? I'm sensing a need for attention and perhaps a shoulder to cry on. Come to Mama and I will listen to your problems. In fact, here's a big ol' cross-species e-Hug for you in the meantime:
    It's unclear whether you're being sarcastic or literal. You should specify.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    It is my opinion that 'Howie' is not real. It is someone with a bunch of pictures of some poor fat guy, posting them and using an invented persona, for a laugh.

sad.

Marcus. I was intentionally withholding the SOCK PUPPET accusations...just in case Howie is a real ?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Marcus. I was intentionally withholding the SOCK PUPPET accusations...just in case Howie is a real ?
    Jim already compared his IP and he isn't a sock, unless someone is spoofing the IP. That doesn't make him real though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He has gone straight to my ignore lists. So I won't be seeing any more of his garbage. Sock puppet or troll, he's gone to join the other ignorant ones. Once they go on ignore, they stay there.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Jim already compared his IP and he isn't a sock, unless someone is spoofing the IP. That doesn't make him real though.
    I don't see anything that unusual about Howey. I don't condone the sin, but I respect the sinner. Jim should confirm that he won't share any information more specific than a County level. Howey wanting to be careful is reasonable. Violence based on orientation is a real risk.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    It's unclear whether you're being sarcastic or literal. You should specify.
    If Howey needs me to specify, he can ask.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    I don't see anything that unusual about Howey. I don't condone the sin, but I respect the sinner. Jim should confirm that he won't share any information more specific than a County level. Howey wanting to be careful is reasonable. Violence based on orientation is a real risk.
    Why should Jim confirm anything? He didn't need to comment about the IP, but he did so to end speculation on my part. He could just as easily have said 'He's not a sock', and left it at that and I'd be okay with it. Jim can share what he feels is relevant, or not... his choice.

However, as I said it doesn't mean Howie's real, so I put forth a second theory.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

If Howey needs me to specify, he can ask.
    After giving it careful thought, I came to the conclusion that I don't need any participation with a bigger piece of society that I already have. Many similar to myself would reach the following conclusion: I made it clear I don't understand, now this person says they don't think I deserve to understand.

If that someone gave a crap, they would go into a flying rage. I stopped caring. I urge other ASD folks to do likewise. If one looks hard enough, they can find the nooks and crannies where they fit. It may be in the jungles of South America, the rice paddies of Southeast Asia or the wilds of Africa, but ANYONE can find a place. The cool thing is that once you find that place, you can return to the US and seek out people from that place as to continue earning good money.

At least I can serve the purpose of making the occasional misfit that crosses paths around here feel better. I intend to do that as long as I can.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Howie, I'm happy to see ya' here!
    Last edited by tailfins; 08-23-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After giving it careful thought, I came to the conclusion that I don't need any participation with a bigger piece of society that I already have. Many similar to myself would reach the following conclusion: I made it clear I don't understand, now this person says they don't think I deserve to understand.

If that someone gave a crap, they would go into a flying rage. I stopped caring. I urge other ASD folks to do likewise. If one looks hard enough, they can find the nooks and crannies where they fit. It may be in the jungles of South America, the rice paddies of Southeast Asia or the wilds of Africa, but ANYONE can find a place. The cool thing is that once you find that place, you can return to the US and seek out people from that place as to continue earning good money.

At least I can serve the purpose of making the occasional misfit that crosses paths around here feel better. I intend to do that as long as I can.

If you truly "don't give a crap", as you so often like to tell us, my intentions towards Howey wouldn't mean a thing to you. I suggest that if you really don't care, you might start with not worrying about what two other people say to each other that had zilch to do with you. Let alone describe it as worthy of "flying into a rage". Or will you now claim this is one those fake posts you like to make, designed to jab at someone or something, but not get reprimanded in the process?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You use your ASD like a crutch. My 13 yr. old knows better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

If you truly "don't give a crap", as you so often like to tell us, my intentions towards Howey wouldn't mean a thing to you. I suggest that if you really don't care, you might start with not worrying about what two other people say to each other that had zilch to do with you. Let alone describe it as worthy of "flying into a rage". Or will you now claim this is one those fake posts you like to make, designed to jab at someone or something, but not get reprimanded in the process?
    Think of the movie "It's a Wonderful Life". If I don't step up to make Howie feel welcome, perhaps no one else will. I think he is exactly who he claims to be. Howie has no ability to give or take away anything to/from me. There's no reason for fakery.

You use your ASD like a crutch. My 13 yr. old knows better.

Wait until he has himself and only himself to survive. Wait until he struggles to date and have a job. He will learn the meaning of "by any legal means necessary". When survival is the name of the game, you grab any tool you can and you don't ask who likes it. I have seen the results of those who do otherwise: It ain't pretty.
    Last edited by tailfins; 08-23-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Misfits and other ASD folks? Someone saying they don't think you deserve to understand? Does the former perhaps invent the latter? You seem to take many things into more than they are. Then you'll use the ASD as an excuse as to why you do so. It's a cycle of sorts. But in reality, no one is trying to make you out to be different or even remotely treat you different, other than you yourself.

And if you want to "take one for the team" and make Howie feel better, by all means, do so.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Misfits and other ASD folks? Someone saying they don't think you deserve to understand? Does the former perhaps invent the latter? You seem to take many things into more than they are. Then you'll use the ASD as an excuse as to why you do so. It's a cycle of sorts. But in reality, no one is trying to make you out to be different or even remotely treat you different, other than you yourself.

And if you want to "take one for the team" and make Howie feel better, by all means, do so.
    Actually, that's one of my "secrets" to survival: Groups of people that society messes with are less demanding regarding social skills. Thanks for what you just said. I keep forgetting that most people don't think four moves ahead in a conversation as they would in a chess game. That seems to be of great service when planning recursive functions, inheriting classes and minimally verbose code, in conversation, not so much.

The ASD isn't an excuse, it really is the reason I "take many things into more than they are". One characteristic is "catastrophic thinking". Another manifestation is the inability to do lower level tasks. For example, being given a task to do manual software testing sends me into a full-blown depression because I start thinking it will make me become a manual software tester for the rest of my life. As soon as the task is taken away and replaced with working on the service level (middleware) for example, the depression lifts within an hour. Not keeping my mind busy is a death sentence.

I remember one Director asking a team lead how he could stand working with me. His reply was, "Simple, just keep him busy with difficult tasks and he doesn't say a word."
    Last edited by tailfins; 08-23-2013 at 07:25 PM.