Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Actually, that's one of my "secrets" to survival: Groups of people that society messes with are less demanding regarding social skills. Thanks for what you just said. I keep forgetting that most people don't think four moves ahead in a conversation as they would in a chess game. That seems to be of great service when planning recursive functions, inheriting classes and minimally verbose code, in conversation, not so much.
    Not sure why "groups of people that society messes with" was brought up, but I can only assume again that you're trying to play victim? Are people or is someone messing with you? Do you really see so many things in life as surviving? Sometimes the words you are reading on your screen are just quick passing thoughts from another. You read WAY too much into crap that I think simply doesn't exist.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Not sure why "groups of people that society messes with" was brought up, but I can only assume again that you're trying to play victim? Are people or is someone messing with you? Do you really see so many things in life as surviving? Sometimes the words you are reading on your screen are just quick passing thoughts from another. You read WAY too much into crap that I think simply doesn't exist.
    Not sure why "groups of people that society messes with" was brought up
    If you help and respect the "Miltons" of the world (think Office Space) they will cut you almost unlimited slack for any social mistakes.

Do you really see so many things in life as surviving?
    Absolutely! I have seen numerous people similar to me who aren't really surviving. It's like watching a window to hell. They wind up on SSDI and alone.

You've got to develop a stellar skill set and use every protection the law offers. Imagine being told by a recruiter that the client asked "Are you sure there's no one else?" Then they reply, "I guess we will bring him on if there's absolutely no one else". I jack up the hourly rate just for spite; they usually pay it. Currently I'm blessed with a team lead that acts as a barrier. Other than greetings to other people in the company, I only talk to that team lead.

Here are a couple of quotes showing what's at stake:

By "Mr Coffee"
    Eye contact gets to be an issue, and some may notice that the worker doesn't have a steady relationship or girl friend/boy friend, and is not able to relate to others in that area. The new worker may not totally agree with the culture shared by the group, or even the type of music they listen to. Noise and the environment may disrupt the concentration that the worker needs to do the job. All of this happened in my case.
    Being fired repeatedly from jobs is common with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and opportunities to find other work tends to erode as more job terminations appear on a person's record. A lack of vocational success is usually attributed to not being able to hold down a job long enough to accumulated enough experience to be considered for advancement. Some end up completely losing any opportunities for employment in the future due to severely damaged employment histories.

Data was gathered from interviews with 18 individuals who have the diagnosis, where at least 18 years of age, and had described themselves as having difficulties with social interaction. The majority of the participants of this study had negative experiences with employment. Most of the major problems related to difficulties with supervisors and co-workers. Those whom were younger then 30 experienced fewer problems then those over 30. Almost all of the participants experienced long periods of unemployment, as well as lack of opportunities for career advancement.
    http://autism-help.org/story-adults-...ent-autism.htm
    Last edited by tailfins; 08-23-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

until he was banned he was most recently here under the name Damn Yankee's Twinkie.....the someone from another board who directed him here would be either MM or OCA.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 08-23-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    until he was banned he was most recently here under the name Damn Yankee's Twinkie.....the someone from another board who directed him here would be either MM or OCA.....

twinkies.jpg REALLY? How cute, and so appropriate.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post

Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    You use your ASD like a crutch. My 13 yr. old knows better.
    Wait until he has himself and only himself to survive. Wait until he struggles to date and have a job. He will learn the meaning of "by any legal means necessary". When survival is the name of the game, you grab any tool you can and you don't ask who likes it. I have seen the results of those who do otherwise: It ain't pretty.
    Just because you're struggling with reality doesn't mean EVERYONE with some type of ASD is, or will. I have no doubt my son will be a fully functioning member of society, without all the attitude and nonsense you display daily. Essentially, his teachers and I are giving him the tools you appear to lack.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Howey View Post
    Someone at another board directed me here and told me to come to this specific area. I was told that I was actually discussed somewhere in here. Why would you people be discussing me? Does someone have a cute little man crush? Oh, that's so darn cute!
    Of course your lost, someone directed you here possibly as a joke, you seem to be looking for a LGBT site, while such things are discussed here from time to time, It most likely would not be a conversation you would appreciate.
    Christian Democrat has become an oxymoron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
    Just because you're struggling with reality doesn't mean EVERYONE with some type of ASD is, or will. I have no doubt my son will be a fully functioning member of society, without all the attitude and nonsense you display daily. Essentially, his teachers and I are giving him the tools you appear to lack.
    That's courageous of you to share such helpful information. I'm curious about these tools you speak of. Remember that each ASD has a different manifestation for each person. Mine has these characteristics: Severely impaired "bonding", near-zero sense of embarrassment, under or over interpretation of context, catastrophic thinking, among others. Jim just did something really nice by clearly pointing out an instance of over interpretation. Thank you both for lowering the bar. With decades of experience to back it up, I can tell you that "liberated" women flat refuse to lower the bar. They act entitled to full social functioning even from those unable to deliver such. That comes from both dating attempts from decades ago, to workplace situations more recently. I have never had to use the EEOC to protect me from males; I can't say the same for females.

It's not about struggling with reality. I have found my little crevice where I can function. It's leaving that crevice that's the problem. An online forum such as this is a limited attempt to peek out of that crevice.
    Last edited by tailfins; 08-24-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

For those that dont know....

HOWEY is the one that posted as DAMN YANKEES TWINKEE a few months back.

Mods...Check HOWEY'S IP ADDRESS against DAMN YANKEES TWINKEE.

They may be identical
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    twinkies.jpg REALLY? How cute, and so appropriate.
    I am betting it was DESH that sent him here.

She is TRUTHMATTERS on here
    You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing.

Captain America

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan View Post
    I am betting it was DESH that sent him here.

She is TRUTHMATTERS on here
    The more the merrier if they can follow the rules, correct?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so I was hunting a forum to join before this one so I could mess with the libtards and found one that had this guys picture on it? is this the same guy? I wont say what it was.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I rememberd the forum because the guys got a rat dog named spike, I looked couldn't find the link for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    so I was hunting a forum to join before this one so I could mess with the libtards and found one that had this guys picture on it? is this the same guy? I wont say what it was.
    welcome.....but if you want to mess with libtards you will find slim pickings here....we keep ours in a box and only let them out on weekends.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just call me Queenie! How many of my darlings here can say that they won the crown? That's right, I'm special! Snap! Snap!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

What the hell is going on around this place?

Does anyone else smell stinky socks?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll