Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Now you see me

(I have to start posting some more movie reviews)

I finally got to down.... get out and see this last night. From IMDB:

Four magicians each answer a mysterious summons to an obscure address with secrets inside. A year later, they are the Four Horseman, big time stage illusionists who climax their sold out Las Vegas show with a bank apparently robbed for real. This puts agents Dylan Rhodes of the FBI and Alma Vargas of Interpol on the case to find out how they did it. However, this mystery proves difficult to solve even with the insights of the professional illusion exposer, Thaddeus Bradley. What follows is a bizarre investigation where nothing is what it seems with illusions, dark secrets and hidden agendas galore as all involved are reminded of a great truth in this puzzle: the closer you look, the less you see.
    Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Michael Caine, Isla Fisher - the movie certainly wasn't lacking for stars, and they all acted pretty darn well. Honestly, Freeman and Caine don't play huge roles, but enough to add a nice touch to the whole movie, and enough to remind us what great actors both are.

If you like magic, you'll love this one. The tricks were cool and the footage of the illusions really cool and high tech. While the FBI wants them for their crimes, simply put, they can't prove anything because their magic/illusions are too damn good.

So you're left guessing throughout the whole movie, while enjoying the theatrics. Add in some twists and turns and it's definitely one that was hard for me to take a break from because I was so interested.

I'll give it the same as the entire reading audience of IMDB's reviews - a tad over a 7 out of 10

While I have a million others I can review, on deck for me is Star Trek Into Darkness
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    (I have to start posting some more movie reviews)

I finally got to down.... get out and see this last night. From IMDB:

Jesse Eisenberg, Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Michael Caine, Isla Fisher - the movie certainly wasn't lacking for stars, and they all acted pretty darn well. Honestly, Freeman and Caine don't play huge roles, but enough to add a nice touch to the whole movie, and enough to remind us what great actors both are.

If you like magic, you'll love this one. The tricks were cool and the footage of the illusions really cool and high tech. While the FBI wants them for their crimes, simply put, they can't prove anything because their magic/illusions are too damn good.

So you're left guessing throughout the whole movie, while enjoying the theatrics. Add in some twists and turns and it's definitely one that was hard for me to take a break from because I was so interested.

I'll give it the same as the entire reading audience of IMDB's reviews - a tad over a 7 out of 10

While I have a million others I can review, on deck for me is Star Trek Into Darkness
    I saw this movie twice and loved it both times. Saw with two different people and couldn't wait to see the face of second friend when the twist was revealed!!!

I'd give it 8.5
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.