Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Homer

I woke up and checked my FB this morning and began to cry. Homer passed on Wednesday. It may seem odd that I would cry over an animal I never met but his story was so touching, you could not help but feel a connection. I provided links to his owner's website, although much of it is not accessible right now as I am sure it is getting hammered, as well as a video she made a few years ago. If anyone is looking for an inspirational and lovely story, Homer's Odyssey is one of the best you will find. RIP Homer.

http://www.gwencooper.com/

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JGKIcp-pyi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I was just reading Homer's blog this morning and crying as well. The owner/author is such a good writer, too. It didn't help that we had to euthanize our beloved 17 year old cat last week. You walk into a room, and expect to see her there. I am right now wondering when the time will be right to save another shelter cat's life. I need to be sure I am ready first.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Abbey it is always time for saving another life. I have almost always had more than one animal. After my Pandora passed last year, I still had 3 kitties and the dog. V4R knew I needed another little life though. He's the one that encouraged me to look at the shelter where we found AJ. Keep your eyes and heart open. There is a wee one out there destined for your home and heart.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I was just reading Homer's blog this morning and crying as well. The owner/author is such a good writer, too. It didn't help that we had to euthanize our beloved 17 year old cat last week. You walk into a room, and expect to see her there. I am right now wondering when the time will be right to save another shelter cat's life. I need to be sure I am ready first.
    Abbey, my condolences. So hard. I'm more a dog person, but the feelings are the same. I've never had a pet that measures up to Taffy, my cocker that I inherited from my aunt and uncle. I got her when I was 7, she died whe I was in college, at 18, 5 days after I started school.

Those of us with kids, know that our beloved pets aren't the same, but can empathize with those without kids, that take their pets to a level they think is level. While the loss of a pet is real and long lasting, I don't put them with people. While they add so much to our lives, we too add to theirs.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill