Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Wow.

Eight days, less than 100 posts and already it has begun.

Maybe we could wait a month or so before we start shitting on the FNGs?

Who knows, if given time we may decide we'd like some of them to hang around...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm confused on this 2nd thread, the first wasn't close, so why a 2nd?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I believe Jim is attempting to clean the nastiness out of the original thread...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Wow.

Agreed. We've had an awful lot of new members in the past year that have only made it a week or 2 before bailing. I know often it's of their own doing, and a lot of the problem of their own postings - but rather than run them off, some should place them on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I believe Jim is attempting to clean the nastiness out of the original thread...
    Correct, was just trying to keep the first clean and keep this one in the cage.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Takes two to tango. This newbie came in blasting. I defend myself when attacked and will do so or die trying. Always have and it's stood me well all my life. I've been around the block a few hundred times in my less than dull life. If the cat had tried to be decent he'd gotten a better shake. I even tried to do a restart but the egomaniac wouldn't have it. I'm on its ignore list but it still responded to my post. I just thanked a post by Arbo a couple minutes ago. I fear nobody and I take no kind of shit off of anybody. Rather than advise those he attacks it would be better to advise the newbie IMHO. All that previous big go round here in the cage I stayed out of it but will not do so when spit on by an asshat that could not even tie one of my shoes..-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 09-05-2013 at 06:58 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Takes two to tango. This newbie came in blasting. I defend myself when attacked and will do so or die trying. Always have and it's stood me well all my life. I've been around the block a few hundred times in my less than dull life. If the cat had tried to be decent he'd gotten a better shake. I even tried to do a restart but the egomaniac wouldn't have it. I'm on its ignore list but it still responded to my post. I just thanked a post by Arbo a couple minutes ago. I fear nobody and I take no kind of shit off of anybody. Rather than advise those he attacks it would be better to advise the newbie IMHO. All that previous big go round here in the cage I stayed out of it but will not do so when spit on by an asshat that could not even tie one of my shoes..-Tyr
    Yep, I should have pointed out that any/all actions certainly apply to new members as well. I have no issue with you defending yourself. I just don't want members run off. There's a difference.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow.

There are some members that appear to be good folks. But I can see that odds are the lower number of members is probably in fact due to a few knuckleheads on this forum that run on the attack constantly. Of course they deny it, but searching their posts and reading through shows nothing but attitude, no actual content, no real debate or discussion.

I only leave when I find there is nothing of value, and though the bulk of posts I have seen are from a very limited amount of the membership I can see there are some here that actually realize both 'sides' are full of crap, and that discussing ideas is more important than getting pissy at people because they don't believe as they do. I hope to see more of the members posting and find some good thought provoking stuff that looks at both sides of any given issue rather than just "those stupid libtards!" or "you dumb rethuglicans".

BTW, since unfortunately jimnyc quoted that other idiot guy and I can see that post, I must say, he either has a mental problem or is smoking crack. That's all.
    Last edited by Arbo; 09-05-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    There are some members that appear to be good folks. But I can see that odds are the lower number of members is probably in fact due to a few knuckleheads on this forum that run on the attack constantly. Of course they deny it, but searching their posts and reading through shows nothing but attitude, no actual content, no real debate or discussion.

I only leave when I find there is nothing of value, and though the bulk of posts I have seen are from a very limited amount of the membership I can see there are some here that actually realize both 'sides' are full of crap, and that discussing ideas is more important than getting pissy at people because they don't believe as they do. I hope to see more of the members posting and find some good thought provoking stuff that looks at both sides of any given issue rather than just "those stupid libtards!" or "you dumb rethuglicans".

BTW, since unfortunately jimnyc quoted that other idiot guy and I can see that post, I must say, he either has a mental problem or is smoking crack. That's all.
    Drop the act dumbass. Anybody that doesn't see by your posts that you came here to attack certain members should be your new friends already. Quit trying to act the innocent victim dumbass. We of vastly lesser intellect saw your act right away. You are not nearly as brilliant as you think yourself to be.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Drop the act dumbass. Anybody that doesn't see by your posts that you came here to attack certain members should be your new friends already. Quit trying to act the innocent victim dumbass. We of vastly lesser intellect saw your act right away. You are not nearly as brilliant as you think yourself to be.
    Tyr. But....there can be little doubt. Arbo is highly impressed with him/her self. It's a wonder Argo lowered him/her self enough to come and play with we...Lesser folks when it would be easier if Argo created his/her own Forum where the RULES would be..."play my way, or no way at all."
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Tyr. But....there can be little doubt. Arbo is highly impressed with him/her self. It's a wonder Argo lowered him/her self enough to come and play with we...Lesser folks when it would be easier if Argo created his/her own Forum where the RULES would be..."play my way, or no way at all."
    You dummies still keeping on with your massive fail? Good job, at least it lets others see what morons you are. Keep it up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

You dummies still keeping on with your massive fail? Good job, at least it lets others see what morons you are. Keep it up.
    That's right they need you to inform them of that. After all , aboutime only has over 9,000 posts here and myself just over 8,000 and these poor dumb members couldn't have figured out that we are morons without your brilliance and newly acquired discovery of how this place should be ran. And we both wonder why they keep thanking and repping us morons!! Now that you have so graciously informed them of our "moron status" they can join you in cleaning up Dodge city, right? --Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Arbo's special list so we can keep up with his flip flops as he tries to impress certain members. Just started this morning ,taken from his own words. 1. Anti-Christian, anti-religion. 2. Pro gay, pro gay marriage. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now does that look anything like a start to a character that is a righty or a conservative?? --Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arbo's special list so we can keep up with his flip flops as he tries to impress certain members. Just started this morning ,taken from his own words. 1. Anti-Christian, anti-religion. 2. Pro gay, pro gay marriage. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now does that look anything like a start to a character that is a righty or a conservative?? --Tyr
    Yes, I see you need to put people in a box based on your own bigotry and ignorance. Thankfully your kind is getting older and dying off, leaving the world a much better place. That you continue to prove with each post that you do not comprehend the written word, and do not comprehend that some people are actually able to think for themselves says about all anyone needs to know about your flawed character.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Yes, I see you need to put people in a box based on your own bigotry and ignorance. Thankfully your kind is getting older and dying off, leaving the world a much better place. That you continue to prove with each post that you do not comprehend the written word, and do not comprehend that some people are actually able to think for themselves says about all anyone needs to know about your flawed character.
    What you call "putting people in a box" we old timers call truth. Why would you complain unless I list one that is a lie? That's right your kind doesn't like the truth told about them and an overall of your true political positions will blow the false cover that you are now in the process of trying to establish. Face it , some of us have already figured out your little game of deceit and anti-conservatism. We all got to die and a little worm like you wouldn't have lived thru a tenth of the stuff I have. So you are not the answer to how to conquer the world like you think, your arrogance isn't a virtue sonny boy.--Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What you call "putting people in a box" we old timers call truth.
    No, it's called inability to keep up with the world. You wouldn't know 'truth' if it hit you in the face, you are just an old school ignorant ass and bigot. It is a shame nobody ever taught you how to think for yourself, but it is clearly too late now.

Face it , some of us have already figured out your little game of deceit and anti-conservatism.
    More to shame. If you read my post in the 'welcome' thread, you would have seen that I said I have been called left and I have been called right, depending on the topic discussed. Which puts you right in the position of being one of the plethora of idiots out there that like to try to label people based on one single issue. Sorry, it's no longer the 40's, the world is not that simple any more. I am aware that reality probably causes you headaches, but fear not, they will end eventual, as will you. Sooner than later.

you wouldn't have lived thru a tenth of the stuff I have.
    This is the internet, you have no fucking idea what anyone else has lived through, so stop being such an ignorant fuck. With each post you make you are proving how much you fail at any assumption.

your arrogance isn't a virtue sonny boy.--Tyr
    LOL. You don't have the first clue what virtue is.