Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default If a man and woman are equal, doesn't that make one dispensible?

That seems to be the definition of redundancy. What say others here? If for example, your company consolidated into a single building, it would stand to reason that some receptionists would get laid off. Perhaps this explains today's high divorce rate? If the husband and wife are equal, one of them is unnecessary.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Although we lie and say differently, men are not equal to women. They have always bested us.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Although we lie and say differently, men are not equal to women. They have always bested us.
    Doesn't that make YOU the one that's expendable?

I guess you want to be as expendable as Bugs Bunny at 3:00 in the below video:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83029314/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Doesn't that make YOU the one that's expendable?

I guess you want to be as expendable as Bugs Bunny at 3:00 in the below video:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83029314/
    Yes, I believe I am expendable. But Shhhhh, damnit!!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Tailfins, you are quite correct on this. You are dispensable. Trouble is, Jim refuses to empty the trash.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

White women suck, and not in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Tailfins, you are quite correct on this. You are dispensable. Trouble is, Jim refuses to empty the trash.
    Take a ride with Snoop Dogg and learn your place; he is in your neck of the woods after all. Notice all the women, but not one word from them. Rap music DOES have a redeeming quality!

Or you can go East Coast and learn a lesson from Mr. Worldwide. The women there talk, but just to announce how available they are.

Last edited by tailfins; 09-07-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Sorry tailfins. We know of your fear of Anglo women. You can't control us. So you obtained a more docile species on the Brazilian market.
    Don't let her out of the house too much. She might learn the truth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Sorry tailfins. We know of your fear of Anglo women. You can't control us. So you obtained a more docile species on the Brazilian market.
    She's almost too docile. When I die, if she doesn't listen, she will be up the creek without a paddle. I would like her to show more initiative. Even if I get life insurance, I'm concerned she won't be able to manage the money.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

That seems to be the definition of redundancy. What say others here? If for example, your company consolidated into a single building, it would stand to reason that some receptionists would get laid off. Perhaps this explains today's high divorce rate? If the husband and wife are equal, one of them is unnecessary.
    True and absolute equality in a marriage is a fantasy. One or the other should have final say so. Its best to sort this out early on in a marriage and do so in a way that both parties are happy. For instance, I do not try to tell my wife how to do household chores and she doesn't get to try to tell me how to do yard work, repair work, etc. As chores go I have more and I pay all bills and am responsible for 95% of all things financial. That's by her choice as I'd like her to help more but she declines because she feels insecure about it all. I do not push her about sharing more responsibility as it would just cause her to feel mistreated. We've made it just fine for 9 years now like this. Some would claim that I dominate her by doing so when actually the reverse is closer to the TRUTH. Each marriage should naturally find its own level of responsibility divided in a way that both parties feel right with. I take my extra responsibility and do not ever complain to her about it. Simply because when momma ain't happy, nobody is happy. -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 09-23-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

As compared to you gabby? You'd never want to learn the truth about yourself. We laugh at you already.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Even if husband and wives are equal, it's easier to share the load, therefore, a smart person would make their partner feel they were essential to the marriage.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, yes and no. Men and women, viewed as a whole, are equal. However, you're talking about equality in a relationship, and that's really a matter of looking at different points. For instance, mate selection in our society is generally up to the female, due to the point that we, the men, are trying to get the women to say yes to the relationship.

However, family dynamics are often attached to who the major breadwinner is for the household. For instance, when my dad, for his career, had to move to Albany, mom's life got uprooted in order to make the move, because he was going to be making over 50k a year at the new job, and she was working part-time, so in that instance, his was the more important end of things.

Now, these days, that can be radically different than it used to be. For instance, if I were to date a woman who is career military, I have to come to a point of acceptance that if we stay together, I'd be a mil spouse, with all the transfers and such that that entails. It may mean that I become the stay at home dad, while she continues to pursue her career.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wait, hold right there. Gabs, did you just say that brazilian women are docile? Massive bullshit call on that play. I have seen those women throw knives at their husbands, ain't nothing docile there.
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You are confusing "equal" with "same". Just because something is said to be equal does not mean they are the same. for example if I have a pound of gold and a pound of shit, both are "equal" in weight but which would you rather have??

The "equal" in relationships is that a couple should complement each, and not place one above the other! One does not have to "dominate" over the other, if you feel otherwise well that is your opinion...
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    You are confusing "equal" with "same". Just because something is said to be equal does not mean they are the same. for example if I have a pound of gold and a pound of shit, both are "equal" in weight but which would you rather have??

The "equal" in relationships is that a couple should complement each, and not place one above the other! One does not have to "dominate" over the other, if you feel otherwise well that is your opinion...
    I feel like comparing men and women to crap and gold was a little off, but I got what you mean
    "If you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips"