Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 9/11 in the land of the free....

http://imgur.com/a/cEPuE

Hmm... who really 'won'?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/cEPuE

Hmm... who really 'won'?
    Common sense and conservatives sure did not win. None of the actions reflected in that link are in line with common sense or conservative thinking. However they are in line with liberal/progressive and democrat thinking IMHO..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Common sense and conservatives sure did not win. None of the actions reflected in that link are in line with common sense or conservative thinking. However they are in line with liberal/progressive and democrat thinking IMHO..-Tyr
    It has nothing to do with conservative/liberal, it has to do with a government hell bent on controlling it's people and using any excuse possible.

That some continue to try to 'blame the other guy' and do not see the picture, is exactly what they want, and it is what has allowed them to keep on marching right over our rights.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I'm not one for heavy-handed control-freakery, either.

That said .. two comments occur. One is to suggest that The War on Terror should still be ongoing, and, given that it IS, this should place the US on a form of war footing. And ... peacetime conditions are inappropriate to such a footing.

My second comment is actually a question. Given the suspension or eradication of such controls ... HOW would America find, or apply, any alternative which would act as an equal or better anti-terrorist, pro-security creating one, one at least as good as protecting citizens from terrorist attack ?

You see, I'm not in favour of anything which gives terrorists the slightest advantage. No decent human being ever should be.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    It has nothing to do with conservative/liberal, it has to do with a government hell bent on controlling it's people and using any excuse possible.

That some continue to try to 'blame the other guy' and do not see the picture, is exactly what they want, and it is what has allowed them to keep on marching right over our rights.
    I agree with this part of your comment ....

it has to do with a government hell bent on controlling it's people and using any excuse possible.
    -----The rest is very debatable. When you say, "exactly what they want" , you fail to list who the --"they"- people are. The majority of the people pushing to keep us divided are democratic party leaders and of course Obama. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I agree with this part of your comment ....

-----The rest is very debatable. When you say, "exactly what they want" , you fail to list who the --"they"- people are. The majority of the people pushing to keep us divided are democratic party leaders and of course Obama. -Tyr
    Both sides, both big parties, want to keep the people fighting and pointing the finger at the other guy. It keeps them distracted so they don't pay attention to the big picture. A (D) is involved in a sex scandal? Scream it to the trees, get all your (R)'s in an uproar over it! A week later when a (R) does the same stuff? Just reverse who cries foul and who makes excuses for 'their guy'. It's been going on for far far too long.

And the people are gullible enough to swallow the bait just about every freaking time, so they are distracted and arguing about minor shit, while government (be it (R) or (D) controlled) puts in place new legislation or a new EO that in some way strips a little more liberty from us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yep, government has been expanding steadily - a process that did not start on Sept. 11, 2001.

Worst part of the things you point out, is our tendency to do unwarranted searches on 5-year-old kids, grandmothers, etc., while letting large numbers of middle Eastern men go thru unsearched... even though nearly all terrorist acts have been committed by middle Eastern men between the ages of 18 and 40.

Oh, but we don't want to stigmatize middle Eastern men?

The hell we don't. They stigmatized themselves by forming that vast majority of terrorists.

Hey, middle Eastern men, if you don't like being stigmatized... why don't you stand up in mosques and on street corners, and give long, impassioned speeches about how dreadful it is to murder Jews, blow up buildings, and fly aircraft into skyscrapers?

When you start doing that, I'll believe you.

Until then, we should be searching every one of you who gets on a plane... if we let you get aboard them at all.

But this dark cloud does, at least, have a slight silver lining.: Since 9/11, how many terrorists have died, and how many of us have?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

From 2004. Long, but a very good read.

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/read...px?ARTID=12188
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I recently had a pretty thorough breast exam at the airport, in full view of the other passengers, while wearing my USO volunteer badge and shirt. (Every shift that I volunteer at the airport USO, I have to go through security). And keep in mind that in order to get the badge, I had to go through a TSA background check and fingerprinting. Doesn't matter; I am treated like a potential terrorist just the same.

While it's not fun being felt-up in public, I accept it and move on.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    Worst part of the things you point out, is our tendency to do unwarranted searches on 5-year-old kids, grandmothers, etc., while letting large numbers of middle Eastern men go thru unsearched... even though nearly all terrorist acts have been committed by middle Eastern men between the ages of 18 and 40.
    Yeah, that's one that makes no sense to me. When the 'people' you are looking for fit a description, well, that's who you look for. Of course they are not against using kids or grandmothers, but until they do, we should be focusing on those that have actually committed acts of terrorism. Profiling is not bad, it is very good, and it appears our government refuses to do it because it might piss people off.

I have a sister in law who's parents are pakistani, thus she 'looks' middle eastern, and she has said she EXPECTS to be stopped and taken a second look at, that if they don't, they are not doing their jobs. And she isn't offended about it in the least. More common sense in her head than in that of those in government combined.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I'm not one for heavy-handed control-freakery, either.

That said .. two comments occur. One is to suggest that The War on Terror should still be ongoing, and, given that it IS, this should place the US on a form of war footing. And ... peacetime conditions are inappropriate to such a footing.

My second comment is actually a question. Given the suspension or eradication of such controls ... HOW would America find, or apply, any alternative which would act as an equal or better anti-terrorist, pro-security creating one, one at least as good as protecting citizens from terrorist attack ?

You see, I'm not in favour of anything which gives terrorists the slightest advantage. No decent human being ever should be.
    I think the political incorrect Profiling would be a better chose, its ridicules to spend the time and money on humiliating everyone because a few may be offended.
    Christian Democrat has become an oxymoron

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I recently had a pretty thorough breast exam at the airport, in full view of the other passengers, while wearing my USO volunteer badge and shirt. (Every shift that I volunteer at the airport USO, I have to go through security). And keep in mind that in order to get the badge, I had to go through a TSA background check and fingerprinting. Doesn't matter; I am treated like a potential terrorist just the same.

While it's not fun being felt-up in public, I accept it and move on.
    You realize having a USO badge makes you an enemy of the state, right?
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

people forget that All of the post 9/11 airport "security" has been proven a failure over and over by the gov't's on testing.
    when i call it security theater i'm not just being dramatic. that's what it is security wise.
    (Not to mention that much of the fondling is criminal)

Drummmond, if we were serious about terrorism we wouldn't be chomping at the bit to supply alqeada air support, weapons, training and logistics in Syria and Libya. or the MEK terrorist we support in Iran.
    the war on terror in your mind is a real thing that should be taken seriously but in the minds of our leadership, conservative and liberal, it's a game.
    And your fear is being played on to take more of your rights and money. got to pay for the war ya know. Alqeada... i mean... Syria's gonna git ya unless big daddy gov't protects ya...
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    people forget that All of the post 9/11 airport "security" has been proven a failure over and over by the gov't's on testing.
    when i call it security theater i'm not just being dramatic. that's what it is security wise.
    I do recall reading that just about every 'test' to pass something through security, was a failure as the fake bombs and guns all got through.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

if Americans can't see that this whole mess needs to be completely stopped. not just tweaked.
    I don't know what we won't endure for "safety".

this crap is insane.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16