Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans' data with Israel

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...rael-documents

The National Security Agency routinely shares raw intelligence data withIsrael without first sifting it to remove information about US citizens, a top-secret document provided to the Guardian by whistleblower Edward Snowden reveals.

Details of the intelligence-sharing agreement are laid out in a memorandum of understanding between the NSA and its Israeli counterpart that shows the US government handed over intercepted communications likely to contain phone calls and emails of American citizens. The agreement places no legally binding limits on the use of the data by the Israelis.

The disclosure that the NSA agreed to provide raw intelligence data to a foreign country contrasts with assurances from the Obama administration that there are rigorous safeguards to protect the privacyof US citizens caught in the dragnet. The intelligence community calls this process "minimization", but the memorandum makes clear that the information shared with the Israelis would be in its pre-minimized state.
    I have long understood that NSA did a lot of data mining, there have been stories of 'secret programs' of 'spying' on Americans for decades. I also have had a lot of people in my life that worked there, so I know they are not evil people hell bent on listening to phones calls by John Q. Public, they have much more important crap to do.

But this is one where they are for sure, over the line. Giving away any unfiltered sigint to OTHER NATIONS... WRONG.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...rael-documents

I have long understood that NSA did a lot of data mining, there have been stories of 'secret programs' of 'spying' on Americans for decades. I also have had a lot of people in my life that worked there, so I know they are not evil people hell bent on listening to phones calls by John Q. Public, they have much more important crap to do.

But this is one where they are for sure, over the line. Giving away any unfiltered sigint to OTHER NATIONS... WRONG.
    Yes, but israel is special, don't ya know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P.Kersey View Post
    Yes, but israel is special, don't ya know.
    Nobody, and no nation, is special when it comes to such issues.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Giving away any unfiltered sigint to OTHER NATIONS... WRONG.
    Dubya shared national security data with Israel and Saudi Arabia, both known terrorist states.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nobody, and no nation, is special when it comes to such issues.
    Well, there's the U.S.S. Liberty incident...of course the Pollard spy ring....and scores of other proven acts against the u.s.
    Do a search...don't believe me.

Who benefits the most from keeping the u.s. tangled up in the ME?
    Israel does...As long as the muslims are at each other's throats and as long as the u.s. is fighting for israel by proxy, israel is more secure and they don't lose any troops or waste money/wreck their economy fighting endless wars....and through zionist "influence".... that would be their elected politicians in Washington and their lobbyists, they make sure the u.s. bears the brunt of any fighting the zionists lead us into.