Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IjustTiredofBush View Post
    im even embarressed to say he is my president...
    So who did you vote for?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    Do you?
    How about you Grump? Would you be comfortable if our generals or politicians looked to you for advice and followed it ? Do you know enough to make the call and be responsible for the results ?
    Last edited by Dilloduck; 01-09-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Fortunately Bush doesn't make his decissions based on polls. Most people on the street couldn't even tell you who nancy poloski is or dick channey. For that matter ask em who their own senator is. The media tells em iraq is bad so they think it is.

ijusttiredofBush sounds like an arab troll. Wonder if I can get him excited?

mohamad
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    How about you Grump? Would you be comfortable if our generals or politicians looked to you for advice and followed it ? Do you know enough to make the call and be responsible for the results ?
    Silence ?? :eek2:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As I said I blame the dems and the media for all loses since saddam was taken down. They work together so they share the blame.

* 4th Iraqi Army Division Forces, with coalition advisors, captured seven members of an improvised explosive device cell during operations Jan. 6 in Samarra. The suspects are responsible for coordinating and conducting IED attacks against Iraqi civilians and security forces.
    * Elements of Multi-National Division-Baghdad, along with Iraqi Army elements, conducted a clearing operation designed to disrupt insurgent activities and deny urban support zones to terrorists from Jan. 1 to Jan. 5 in Hurriya, a northwestern neighborhood of the Iraqi capital.

Results:
    o Detained 16 suspected insurgents
    o Soldiers confiscated illegal arms to include: 13 rocket propelled-grenade launchers, 17 AK-47’s with 20 AK-47 magazines, five rifles, two machine guns, 19 pistols, six mortars, and 12 blocks of C-4 explosives. They also seized three rocket-propelled grenades, two rocket-propelled grenade stabilizer shafts, and six rocket-propelled grenade booster rockets, along with identification cards, maps, insurgent propaganda, and 3.25 million Iraqi Dinar and $2,200 in U.S. currency.
    o With the support of Task Force 2nd Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment, Iraqi troops provided medical care to the local population. Iraqi medics treated and gave medication out to approximately 2,000 Iraqi civilians during this operation.
    * Soldiers from the 3rd Battalion, 4th Brigade, 6th Iraqi Army Division and Troop B, “Black Hawks,” 1st Squadron, 89th Calvary Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry) detained 82 suspects terrorists during a combat operation north of Yusufiyah, Iraq Jan. 2.
    * Coalition forces found and destroyed a cache used for manufacturing and assembling improvised explosive devices in the Ghazaliyah neighborhood in western Baghdad Jan. 5. Soldiers from Company D, 2nd Battalion, 12th Cavalry Division, attached to the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division, found approximately 200 pounds of unknown explosives dispersed between two houses near the Al-Shadra Mosque in Ghazaliyah.
    o In addition to the 200 pounds of homemade explosives, the Soldiers found washing machine timers, Iraqna cell phone cards, passports, hundreds of blasting caps, time fuses, detonation cords and numerous physics and engineering books.
    * Soldiers from the 2nd Battalion, 4th Brigade, 6th Iraqi Army Division and Battery A, 2nd Battalion, 15th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), detained the two suspects during a joint operation west of Mahmudiyah, Iraq. The operation targeted improvised explosive device cells operating near the town. Through intelligence provided by the Iraqi Army, troops worked with local residents of the area to help identify and detain the first suspect detained.
    * Iraqi national policemen captured four men and seized a sizeable weapons cache at a checkpoint in southeastern Baghdad Jan. 5. Elements of the 3rd Battalion, 6th Brigade, 2nd National Police Division detained four men at a checkpoint in the Hadar neighborhood. The men were detained after illegal weapons and terrorist propaganda materials were found in their cars following a search at the police checkpoint.
    The search of the suspects’ two vehicles resulted in the capture of a sniper rifle, a rocket-propelled grenade launcher, three assault rifles, assorted ammunition, weapons magazines and bomb-making materials.
    * During ongoing operations south of Balad Ruz, Soldiers from the 1st Brigade, 5th Iraqi Army, with support from coalition forces, continue to clear the objective area, targeting specific terrorist cells which historically use the area as a safe haven to conduct random attacks against the local population and maintain a supply base.

The current operations began Jan. 4, with a combined air and ground assault into the area in the outskirts of Turki village. IA and CF Soldiers established mobile and stationary positions along possible escape routes to isolate the area and facilitated the searching of the area for weapon supplies, improvised explosive device-making material and terrorists.

“The terrorists believe we will not attack them in their safe havens and believe they can use these areas to spread violence throughout the region,” said Col. David W. Sutherland, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division commander, and senior U.S. Army officer in the Diyala province. “The 5th Iraqi Army Division believes that we must continue to take the fight to those individuals that use violence against the Iraqi people for their own personal and financial gain. The Coalition Forces will continue to support this Iraqi Force.”
    * Soldiers of the 1st Squadron, 89th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (LI) conducted a nighttime raid on a Baghdad meat-packaging facility suspected of being a terrorist meeting place in the Al Rashid district Jan. 7.

The 1st Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division concurrently assaulted the salt factory next door, also a suspected terrorist planning area. Joining the two U.S. units on the operation were members of the 3rd Battalion, 4th Brigade, 6th Iraqi Army Division. The two-pronged joint assault netted 32 detainees and more than 20 weapons, including 11 AK-47s, a Kalishnikov assault rifle, two Russian-made carbines, 15 60mm mortar rounds and a submachine gun.

The men detained, some of whom were guards at the building, were held on suspicion that they were allowing the buildings to be used as a terrorist rendezvous point, a suspicion strengthened by the weapons found in the area.

http://www.floppingaces.net/

This is the news and facts not reported by the media. This gets reduced down to a one paragraph blurb. While the media reports on some bodies found and a shooting or two in great detail. And polls that Americans want the troops out.

Nowhere in the MSM are there stories of the great work the soldiers do and details about their actions. They only make the news when they get killed so they can be part of the tally.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dirt mcgirt View Post
    I speak as a former veteran and as the husband of an active duty Soldier. I've lost several friends and neighbors in Iraq and currently have several family members serving in theater. Don't throw your keyboard warrior, college republican bit at me.
    I'll answer for dmp, since I know him. He happens to be a veteran, having served an overseas tour. I know he has several friends/colleagues who have deployed. So when he speaks about the military, he speaks from the veteran standpoint as well. So do I, having served five years on active duty. So do a few others around here. You aren't the only vet on this MB.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    I'll answer for dmp, since I know him. He happens to be a veteran, having served an overseas tour. I know he has several friends/colleagues who have deployed. So when he speaks about the military, he speaks from the veteran standpoint as well. So do I, having served five years on active duty. So do a few others around here. You aren't the only vet on this MB.
    I never claimed to be the only vet on the board, nor was I naive enough to think that I was the only one. The military jargon, sigs, and user names here make that a pretty obvious assuption. I wasn't trying to assert any moral authority, just letting DNP know that I wasn't sitting "in my safe harbor and sharp-shooting" by any means.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

It's a clear majority of Americans, both Repub, Dem, liberal, and con, who now think the war was a mistake. Blaming the democrats and the media for every American killed in Iraq would be intellectually dishonest. This war was poorly planned and conducted in an ineffective manner. Like it or not, the Repubs had a clear majority during Iraq and the Dumbocrats were nothing more than powerless dweebs. This latest troop surge should have happened two years ago when it mattered. An additional 100,000 troops were needed to seal the borders and provide extra security in the city. We came in there ill-equipped and unprepared. Our Soldiers never should have had to personally buy body armor from US Cavalry or e-bay and have it shipped over from the States. The Iraqi Army never should have been disbanded. And Al Sadr should have been taken out from the get go. The libtards had nothing to do with those blunders.
    Blaming the democrats/libs and MSM for people having a Loser mentality where Iraq is concerned is more than a fair assessment.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I never claimed to be the only vet on the board, nor was I naive enough to think that I was the only one. The military jargon, sigs, and user names here make that a pretty obvious assuption. I wasn't trying to assert any moral authority, just letting DNP know that I wasn't sitting "in my safe harbor and sharp-shooting" by any means.
    Calling Darin a "keyboard warrior college Republican" sure sounds to me like an assertion that he isn't a vet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IjustTiredofBush View Post
    I think its great that there are more demecratic people in congress...

i think that just might stop bush from sending troops to iraq

iraq is a waste of money

To just ask you this simple question

why are we in war??

Is there a reason...??

NO i dont think so...

i bet the president is profiting off the

oil in iraq

thats the only common sense in this dumb wasteless war

its not even a war we are

just sitting there waiting and having our troops killed

he may not understand cause those

arent his kids fighting

i wonder why he wont send them??

I just think it a bunch of **** that our president is doing

im even embarressed to say he is my president...

go away, moron.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

If they would carry out the strategy and tactics I laid out? Damned rights I'd take the responsibility. Hell, put me back in uniform, give me my weapon and I'll lead the damned thing from the front.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Sssshhhhh .... it's a secret.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Calling Darin a "keyboard warrior college Republican" sure sounds to me like an assertion that he isn't a vet.
    And Darin's "safe harbour" snipe doesn't deserve a response? Mayhap Darin sounds exactly like that on occasion (a keyboard warrior college Republican).....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Other than telling them not to go in the first place, and come home now, no, I wouldn't. I'd let Gunny and CSM do it...