Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    Why? Its like your own clan. It kinda sucks growing up and being in your teen years with no privacy, but you really enjoy it as you grow older.
    How big is your family? If you don't mind my asking?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    I think it depends on how many kids a couple can love and provide for. If people have a super-supportive marriage and enough love to go around, why not place as many kids in that environment as possible?
    Because it becomes irresponsible. What if something happens to a parent, or heave forbid both? If you can raise 'em and love 'em, good for you. The risk if something goes wrong, however, is too high.

...in my opinion.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    Why? Its like your own clan. It kinda sucks growing up and being in your teen years with no privacy, but you really enjoy it as you grow older.
    I'm sure it's great! The potential downfalls are what concern me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    Because it becomes irresponsible. What if something happens to a parent, or heave forbid both? If you can raise 'em and love 'em, good for you. The risk if something goes wrong, however, is too high.

...in my opinion.
    If you have THAT many, the older kids are old enough to care for younger ones, if both parents pass on. I think that is one of the advantages of a large family--- the kids HAVE to help out. Teaches responsibility and lack of self-absorption.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you have THAT many, the older kids are old enough to care for younger ones, if both parents pass on. I think that is one of the advantages of a large family--- the kids HAVE to help out. Teaches responsibility and lack of self-absorption.
    I think there are other ways to do that besides childcare necessitated by situation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    My question is how on earth did she stay in such good shape after having that many kids????
    Uhh... I guarantee - if you have THAT many kids. you WILL stay in shape! Always doing stuff! ;0

Quote Originally Posted by TheClayTaurus
    My thoughts? I think that's too many kids for one family to have.
    So.. what should be the cut-off number?

I don't think so at all - you should've seen the show.. how much they cared for each other and took care of things around the house.. it was very cool...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Uhh... I guarantee - if you have THAT many kids. you WILL stay in shape! Always doing stuff! ;0

So.. what should be the cut-off number?

I don't think so at all - you should've seen the show.. how much they cared for each other and took care of things around the house.. it was very cool...
    I don't have a cut-off number. I don't think there SHOULD be a cut-off number. I, personally, as in me, think 16 is too much.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it depends on how many kids a couple can love and provide for. If people have a super-supportive marriage and enough love to go around, why not place as many kids in that environment as possible?
    Personally, I don't think there is a limit on the love of a Parent... It's not as if you have kid number 12 and say "Sorry kid, you're outta luck as we're both out of love for you"....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think there are other ways to do that besides childcare necessitated by situation.
    Of course there are other ways. Just saying that if this is the way they choose to do it, there's nothing wrong with that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally, I don't think there is a limit on the love of a Parent... It's not as if you have kid number 12 and say "Sorry kid, you're outta luck as we're both out of love for you"....
    Well... not "love" as in "emotional attachment." I mean "love" as in "look after their needs, be willing to invest in him, be involved with them." Some people do not have the desire to do that, or the desire to let go of THAT much of their personal time & freedom to do it for that number of children. Those people should not have that many kids. But if a couple is willing to give that much of themselves, I say, they deserve PRAISE, not derision.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well... not "love" as in "emotional attachment." I mean "love" as in "look after their needs, be willing to invest in him, be involved with them." Some people do not have the desire to do that, or the desire to let go of THAT much of their personal time & freedom to do it for that number of children. Those people should not have that many kids. But if a couple is willing to give that much of themselves, I say, they deserve PRAISE, not derision.
    I know - from their testimony - that the parents of these 17 kids give all the glory to God for both the blessing it has brought them and for the love, endurment and sanity he has provided for them in order to raise em' all...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about time and attention for 12?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    How about time and attention for 12?
    It's all priorities... ...

I think the reason it's beyond the imagination of most folks to grasp their arms around the idea of a large family is because they are too self-absorbed with their own "careers" - even under the dupe of "I'm working all these hours to provide for my family"...

News Flash - your kids do NOT need your money, they need your time, lkove and emotional support!

Large familes used to be the norm until we became more of an industrialized nation which ultimately let to folks seeking selfish ambitions over family...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's all priorities... ...

I think the reason it's beyond the imagination of most folks to grasp their arms around the idea of a large family is because they are too self-absorbed with their own "careers" - even under the dupe of "I'm working all these hours to provide for my family"...

News Flash - your kids do NOT need your money, they need your time, lkove and emotional support!

Large familes used to be the norm until we became more of an industrialized nation which ultimately let to folks seeking selfish ambitions over family...

Well, I think we're in the same place in terms of believing kids need your time and attentinon, hence my belief that it is impossible to provide such time and attention with that many children.

It isn't selfishness that keeps people from having large families. In the agrarian society, people needed more kids to work the family farm. They weren't having a family, they were having employees. Talk about selfish.

Then, there's also the question as to whether one can feed/clothe/educate a large brood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...in my opinion.
    Yeah, it is your opinion.

If something happens to a parent, there are children clearly old enough to take care of themselves by that time and can help out. thats the point of family.