I'm not super tech-savvy, so I was hoping someone could help me out here.

My sound system at home is very cheap and very haggard. The speakers I bought at Wal-Mart for $40. I use my PS2 as my main (well, only) DVD player. The way it's set up is, I've got the PS2 running into a thing that holds five A/V inputs, then you just press a button to switch between inputs. Even though the PS2 is the only thing going into it, I still use it because my TV is kind of old and the only plug it's got is a cable input, no A/V input at all. So, I use that adaptor thing, with the PS2 A/V plugs going into it, then a cable going out of it and into the TV.

Problem is, recently my speakers have started buzzing very loudly. I've noticed that it gets louder the more white there is on the screen. So, for example, the end credits of a movie aren't bad at all, but with a scene of, I don't know, a closeup of a piece of paper, the buzzing is unbearable.

Now, here's the weird thing: the sound system also has an adaptor for a headphone jack, which I sometimes use to hook my MP3 player up to the speakers. When I do this, there is no buzzing whatsoever, which leads me to believe it must be either the PS2 (which is possible, it's five years old), the adaptor (which is possible, it's a piece of garbage and it's a few years old), or the TV (ditto). Anybody know what it could be?