Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Who's bragging about "the highlight" of anything in this thread? I missed it...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Who's bragging about "the highlight" of anything in this thread? I missed it...

HJMICK. I beg your pardon. Forget the word highlight, and just use (PRIDE) PROUD.
    Last edited by aboutime; 10-08-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    HJMICK. I beg your pardon. Forget the word highlight, and just use (PRIDE) PROUD.
    Do you think they should be ashamed?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I have never smoked pot, but I do admit to a certain addiction to donuts (preferably hot ones).

I will restate my opinion on this: There is NO reason why pot shouldn't be legal. It's not anymore harmful that tobacco. It is NOT a "gateway drug" to anything other than excessive munchies. If pot is illegal, than all tobacco products should be made illegal.
    To say that it is not a gateway drug is not true for everyone. It all depends on your genetic make-up and prone to addiction, especially to things that hit that 'pleasure center' everyone has.

My 16yo step-son started smoking MJ a year and a half ago (from what we gathered). While my husband and his ex did what they thought would get him to stop, it didn't do any good. They thought that was all he was into. Until he left his facebook page logged in on MY tablet he had used without permission no less, and he had just gotten in trouble that morning when my husband went downstairs to see if he was ready to go to school (he was staying with us temporarily, another story/another day) and he was obviously high on something, but the effects were not typical of pot.

So being the parent that I am, I looked through his messages. Turns out he was not only selling Adderall and Oxycotin (both on and off school grounds, based on his messages and his phone texts -I was able to hack into his phone, bypassing the security code), but he was taking them. He had done other things as well, such as stealing cigarettes and e-cigarette juice refills from our cigar shop and selling them to his friends and trading them for Rx drugs. One of the messages said that MJ just wasn't doing it for him anymore.

It all started with pot.
    Last edited by KitchenKitten99; 10-10-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenKitten99 View Post
    To say that it is not a gateway drug is not true for everyone.
    That some have a disposition to addition doesn't mean that it should be illegal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    That some have a disposition to addition doesn't mean that it should be illegal.
    Did I mention anything about being legal/illegal?

I was pointing out Gabby's uneducated blanket statement was completely false.

My opinion still wavers on legalizing pot. How would it be controlled such as alcohol? How do you field-test for it in the event of driving under the influence? What kind of bureaucracy and other red-tape would need to be in-place? Not that other drugs aren't also responsible, but most of them are controlled and regulated heavily, especially Rx.

Marijuana users twice as likely to be in an accident:
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ash/53031202/1

Other links:
    http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/n...atal-car-crash

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/0...of-collisions/

two years ago:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...-10391704.html
    Last edited by KitchenKitten99; 10-10-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was pointing out Gabby's uneducated blanket statement was completely false.
    Her statement was not false. NO drug is a 'gateway'... if someone becomes an 'addict' is conditional on that person and their genetics, not on what drug they 'start' with.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Her statement was not false. NO drug is a 'gateway'... if someone becomes an 'addict' is conditional on that person and their genetics, not on what drug they 'start' with.
    Pot is a gateway drug for anyone with the potential to be addicted to anything. Many people have done it without being addicted, but many actually are without realizing it. I know two people now (my ex-BIL and my step-son), who cannot get themselves off of it, and while they have moved onto other drugs, they still smoke.

Pot is easier to get than any other drug and the effects are much less noticeable than the harder stuff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Pot is a gateway drug for anyone with the potential to be addicted to anything. Many people have done it without being addicted, but many actually are without realizing it. I know two people now (my ex-BIL and my step-son), who cannot get themselves off of it, and while they have moved onto other drugs, they still smoke.

Pot is easier to get than any other drug and the effects are much less noticeable than the harder stuff.

KitchenKitten. Leave them alone. Just the way the have responded tells us exactly how effective the use of pot, or any other drug has been for most of them. And they wonder why we all laugh at them so much??
    I hope they keep on using whatever drugs they want.
    That will make it much easier for Our Grandchildren to survive as those who claim they ARE NOT hooked on drugs, slowly, but surely kill their brains, and their ability to survive as potted plants.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pot is a gateway drug for anyone with the potential to be addicted to anything.
    It is the people and their genetics, not pot. They could start by sniffing glue or any number of other things, it doesn't matter. A 'gateway' drug would be one that causes addition in and of itself. Pot is not such a drug.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    KitchenKitten. Leave them alone. Just the way the have responded tells us exactly how effective the use of pot, or any other drug has been for most of them. And they wonder why we all laugh at them so much??
    I hope they keep on using whatever drugs they want.
    That will make it much easier for Our Grandchildren to survive as those who claim they ARE NOT hooked on drugs, slowly, but surely kill their brains, and their ability to survive as potted plants.
    So rather than deal in scientific fact, what we have is someone that suggests those that disagree with false statements are drug users. How quaint, and how MORONIC.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh my!

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I know quite a few from both sides. I have and have had a ton of friends who were able to smoke weed like it was beer, then put it down for a few years, then have fun for a night, then not again for months. In other words, they enjoyed it when they had an opportunity, but honestly couldn't care less if it was never smoked again. Smokers of opportunity!

Then you have people like myself, who are creatures of routine and have addictive personalities. I can get addicted to vegetables!! I can speak the benefits of marijuana, and how it's barely harmful to most - but for ME, it IS something that would be, and was, problematic. If you take another person like me, the odds of them becoming addicted to weed is high (no pun intended). But similar for even alcohol, and cigarettes. But yes, if someone has an addictive personality, they can become dependent on weed like another could on cigarettes or even bubble gum.

On the flip side, I still lean towards legalization, being that it's no more harmful than things like cigarettes or alcohol. I think people should still have the freedom to choose. My only desire would be for there to be a sure fire way to make sure people aren't driving while stoned, no differently than people shouldn't drive while drunk. On that one, we have a breathalyzer. I don't like the idea of police arresting as many as they can simply claiming they look stoned, I would like for there to be a developed way to prove they are actually high, like the breathalyzer.

It's a tough discussion and both sides have always made good points on the marijuana debate. But the trillions spent on criminalization over the years hasn't been effective in the slightest. Better off getting involved, learn more, educate people, make a better product, tax it & make money off of it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/54vD_cPCQM8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Hemp car in 1941,
    Hemp fuel in a model T.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XyUrGjelbtI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    77 billion saved if drugs legalized?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

real WWII poster
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16