Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default GOP approval rating lowest in 21 years

A good indication on who the public blames most for the shut down.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Gall...0/09/id/530247

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

From the article: Meanwhile, nearly one in four Americans viewed both parties unfavorably, Gallup found.

Sounds like both are being blamed if looking at unfavorable ratings. And more of an idea of how the public feels, look how far Obama's rating went down. 2-3 months ago he was pushing 50, and now he's at like 37-38.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

A good look at current Dems and the past few years - http://www.pollingreport.com/cong_dem.htm

Suffice to say, I think America thinks BOTH suck and both are responsible for the position we face today. But at the end of the day, we only have one CIC, only one person where the buck stops at. The current problems are a reflection of how shitty are congress is, and some reflection of what the president has been incapable of completing. Whether you like to hear it or not, and history judges them all the same, the responsibility of what happens in Washington falls under the sitting president.

I think BOTH parties should ALWAYS be willing to hear the other one out, and work to come to agreements. Seeing Obama earlier this week state he was refusing to even negotiate with the republicans is another large indicator of why we're at where we are. These nitwits in Washington are all placing party over country.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Where's Obama's approval rating...?

They all suck, get over it.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    A good indication on who the public blames most for the shut down.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Gall...0/09/id/530247
    Let's add some depth to your shallow (as usual) post. If both Obama and Congress wind up with approval ratings in the toilet, the result will be an anti-incumbent fever. The House has been made safe through Gerrymandering. B-HO isn't up for election and the Dems are the incumbents in the Senate. That points to the Dems losing the Senate.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.