Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Default Ranking system

Well once again we see how good the college ranking system is, the #7 team with one loss goes against a team ranked 25th that is undefeated and gets there Butt's kicked, yup the GA Dawgs got neutered at home between the hedges Now I wonder how far they will fall, this is there second loss the first coming from a out of conference team ( Clemson ) and now this, when a team has no defense what so ever there is no way they should be ranked in the top 10 so we will see , but after watching this for years I bet they wont fall that far and that is just wrong, but I guess time will tell.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

At least a little bit of justice. Georgia, who is now 4-2, has dropped to number 15 in the national rankings. Missouri who just handed them their second loss has moved up to #14, just ahead of them.

But even better, now with 2 losses, they are done. Sure, they can continue to win and have a decent season, but the odds of a 2 loss team making the BCS championship game are nearly impossible.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    At least a little bit of justice. Georgia, who is now 4-2, has dropped to number 15 in the national rankings. Missouri who just handed them their second loss has moved up to #14, just ahead of them.

But even better, now with 2 losses, they are done. Sure, they can continue to win and have a decent season, but the odds of a 2 loss team making the BCS championship game are nearly impossible.
    No, no way will they make it to the championship but down here the fans are more excited about the Dawgs going to the SEC championship not real sure why but that is what I have heard since living in GA is how excited people are that we are going to the SEC Championship ( personally I would like to go to the BCS championship game but most down here don't care about that ) Lets face it the SEC East isn't much ( they do have there years that they are tough ) without Florida being such a power house then GA just has to get by SC ( most years that is pretty easy ) but I guess a big game is a big game to some.
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    No, no way will they make it to the championship but down here the fans are more excited about the Dawgs going to the SEC championship not real sure why but that is what I have heard since living in GA is how excited people are that we are going to the SEC Championship ( personally I would like to go to the BCS championship game but most down here don't care about that ) Lets face it the SEC East isn't much ( they do have there years that they are tough ) without Florida being such a power house then GA just has to get by SC ( most years that is pretty easy ) but I guess a big game is a big game to some.
    You just hit the nail on the head. The BCS is such a joke with the fans, it's about winning the conference. You can be the lousiest team EVER and find a bowl game now. And I got one for you ...

The Columbus Georgia Wells Dairy Bowl. First 100 paying customers get free ice cream. Second 100 get Double Cola and a Moon Pie.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The Columbus Georgia Wells Dairy Bowl. First 100 paying customers get free ice cream. Second 100 get Double Cola and a Moon Pie.
    And probably 100,000 showed up for that free Moon Pie, that's like pure gold down there!! LOL

Ok, you can shoot me Jeff!! Oh, and I LOVE Moon Pies!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And probably 100,000 showed up for that free Moon Pie, that's like pure gold down there!! LOL

Ok, you can shoot me Jeff!! Oh, and I LOVE Moon Pies!!
    I would've. There's a clue in the part where I know where Well's Dairy is. They had the best ice cream EVER. And an ice cold Double Cola on a hot summer day after loading bails of hay? Heaven.

And yes, I'm about as hillbilly redneck as it gets. I'm pretty sure half the bootleggers in Madison County, AL are my cousins.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

College sports is wholly corrupt from recruiting to the players to the ranking systems.

Everything about college sports sucks - the major colleges that is.

Small, regional college sports programs are fine.
    Hold my beer for a sec...