Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Currently New Delhi, India (at least until I piss off someplace else)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default US troops kill Afghan police

Yet another blunder committed by the US troops.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070612/...CB84PWCKGs0NUE

Officials: U.S. troops kill Afghan police

KABUL, Afghanistan - U.S. forces mistakenly killed seven Afghan police and wounded four in an apparent friendly fire incident early Tuesday in eastern Afghanistan, Afghan officials said.

Police manning a remote checkpoint in Nangarhar province said an American convoy backed by helicopters approached and opened fire despite their protests and calls for them to stop.

"I thought they were Taliban, and we shouted at them to stop, but they came closer and they opened fire," said Khan Mohammad, one of the policemen at the post. "I'm very angry. We are here to protect the Afghan government and help serve the Afghan government, but the Americans have come to kill us."

The commander at the post, Esanullah, who goes by one name, said a helicopter fired rockets, killing seven policemen and wounding four.

A spokeswoman for NATO's International Security Assistance Force said she had no information that U.S. forces that fall under ISAF's command were involved. A spokesman for the separate U.S.-led coalition said he was looking into the report.

There were conflicting reports over how the fighting started

If they can't even choose the right people to take out, the troops really have no business being in a foreign country in the first place.
    Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post

If they can't even choose the right people to take out, the troops really have no business being in a foreign country in the first place.
    Afghan police mistook U.S. troops on a nighttime mission for Taliban fighters and opened fire on them early Tuesday, prompting U.S. forces to return fire and call in attack aircraft. Seven Afghan police were killed.
    Looks like the police screwed up to me.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

DUDE - YOU Have NO F'ING CLUE. Did you READ the link? I'll show you again, as Mr. P has shown you once:

KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghan police mistook U.S. troops on a nighttime mission for Taliban fighters and opened fire on (U.S. Troops) early Tuesday, prompting U.S. forces to return fire and call in attack aircraft. Seven Afghan police were killed.
    Do you see that? Your 'spin' of the incident is nothing more than a LIE.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yah, i could understand from what you had posted that something was shitty about that, but when you open the link and it says right away that they fired first, how can you blame the US troops?
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Currently New Delhi, India (at least until I piss off someplace else)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    My spin is not a lie. Was Khan Mohammad lying too? Do you always spin other's statements as "lies"?

I'm very angry. We are here to protect the Afghan government and help serve the Afghan government, but the Americans have come to kill us."
    Convert to the BPR - Beer Pizza Religion. Worship at the altar of the beer (or other) babes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

DUDE - YOU Have NO F'ING CLUE. Did you READ the link? I'll show you again, as Mr. P has shown you once:

You dont really think you will get a response to the fact that, HE LEFT THE WHOLE FREAKING 1ST SENTENCE OUT, do you!!!

He put his spin on it and hoped noone would actually read what he was posting. Some people are sooooo dense!!!!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They fired on us. An unfourtanate situation but our troops did the right thing and this in no way proves we should leave.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

My spin is not a lie. Was Khan Mohammad lying too? Do you always spin other's statements as "lies"?
    Hey numbskull they (the US & Afgahan soldiers) were fired upon first....
    They returned fire... this all happens after they were ambushed earlier...
    Are you really that dense that you would try to spin this story??? You cant find anything better to bash the US/Afghan soldiers???? look harder

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    They fired on us. An unfourtanate situation but our troops did the right thing and this in no way proves we should leave.
    My God LN I agree with you!!!!!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

He's a liar too. If he was there, he KNEW who caused the event to happen. Now he's pandering. IMO, it likely could have been a set-up from the get-go.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ............

The troops are given orders that if they are fired upon to return fire immediatly. Im sure Gunny can verify that.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    The troops are given orders that if they are fired upon to return fire immediatly. Im sure Gunny can verify that.
    Which troops? Where? Under what situation?

There are rules of engagement for every operation. There are times units are not or were not allowed to even 'return fire' if taking fire.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ..........

Which troops? Where? Under what situation?

There are rules of engagement for every operation. There are times units are not or were not allowed to even 'return fire' if taking fire.
    Over in Iraq I guarantee there are orders to return fire.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Rahul, by virtue of this intentionally misleading post, you just lost all credibility. Was it worth it to you?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Over in Iraq I guarantee there are orders to return fire.
    No - It would depend upon WHERE in Iraq somebody is. ROE are supported/published by local commands depending on their mission, although many are set at Division-level.