Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default ‘Iran two weeks away from weapons-grade uranium’

Iran could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to build an atomic weapon within two weeks and has, “in a certain way,” already reached the point of no return in its nuclear program, a former senior International Atomic Energy Association official said Monday.

“I believe that if certain arrangements are done, it could even go down to two weeks. So there are a lot of concerns out there that Iran can hopefully now address, in this new phase, both at the P5+1 [talks between Tehran and six world powers] and with the IAEA,” former IAEA deputy director Olli Heinonen said, confirming a report released last week by the Washington-based Institute for Science and International Security, which stated Iran could muster enough uranium for a bomb by converting all of its 20-percent enriched stockpile within 1 to 1.6 months.

Earlier on Monday, IAEA Director Yukiya Amano met in Vienna with Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi, Tehran’s top nuclear negotiator, ahead of two days of technical talks between Iranian representatives and the UN’s nuclear watchdog. Amano described his meeting as important in addressing “the outstanding issues regarding Iran’s nuclear program.”

Speaking to journalists on a conference call organized by The Israel Project, Heinonen contrived to sound optimistic and pessimistic at the same time.

“They are forward looking,” he about about the Iranian negotiators. “And I think they have realized that they don’t get away from this situation unless they answer properly the questions raised by the IAEA and concerns raised by the international community. So I’m to a certain degree hopeful. But we have to make sure that everything is covered.”
    http://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-tw...grade-uranium/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

To paraphrase the new US motto ... "what difference does it make?". I think that will look good on our coinage and appeal to more citizens than "in God we trust"
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So says Israel. I don't suppose they produced any proof of this allegation?
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Try this source, Jafar. Though they don't quite claim the two week period, they DO say that, if it really tried, Iran could get that far in around a month and a half.

The news report is four days old.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/25/wo...uclear-report/

Iran may need only a month to produce enough weapons-grade uranium for a nuclear bomb, a U.S.-based anti-proliferation group says in a new assessment of Tehran's enrichment program.

But that is only if the country were able to take the most extreme and direct enrichment path, says the Institute for Science and International Security in Washington. Under other scenarios, it would take significantly longer for Tehran to produce the material --
    This piece allows the reader to assume what he or she wants. But the point is that, if Iran really tried, made their maximum effort, they could achieve that goal within weeks.

Jafar, could you perhaps prove for us that CNN is an Israeli channel ? Because, if not ....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Poor, poor jafar. Always looking for more ways to snipe at his most Hated nation, Israel. Too bad jafar. Your stupidity precedes you again.

The U.N. Nuclear Inspectors...NOT ISRAELI...filed a report being used by smarter people than you.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Jafar despises shites as not muslims, but the idea of them getting a nuke to use against Israel sends a tingle down his leg.

Has it ever occurred to you that if Israel is attacked with a nuke they will launch nukes in return and not just at iran. Kiss mecca and median goodbye along with all major muslim cities.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Jafar despises shites as not muslims, but the idea of them getting a nuke to use against Israel sends a tingle down his leg.

Has it ever occurred to you that if Israel is attacked with a nuke they will launch nukes in return and not just at iran. Kiss mecca and median goodbye along with all major muslim cities.

Gaffer. Jafar despises anyone. Like you, and me, because we refuse to bow down, or lower ourselves to what his level seems to be.
    When it comes to pretending to be NON-hostile, saying "I've got Jewish Friends". Just makes jafar sound like our Lower-life version of JESSE JACKSON, or AL SHARPTON who play the Crossed Fingers, Knife in the back games with Non-Black Americans....just before they would happily threaten them with Racist accusations...while SMILING, LAUGHING, and choking on their own STUPIDITY.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If Iran wants a nuke I say give them a nuke

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Jafar, did you read the article? It wasn't Israel making that statement.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Re-read the article. It's simply posted by an Israeli new source. Those they are getting their information from are people from or were from the IAEA. If the IAEA didn't have to negotiate access to their sites, which they still haven't allowed, maybe there would in fact be more proof. This type of news has been coming out in bits and pieces for the past few years, their refusal to work with other countries, their refusal to stop, their defiance in stating they will continue.

There's little to no doubt at all that they are close to weapons grade uranium. Now, whether or not they actually make a weapon, that's another story. But based on their actions over time, one would be VERY unwise to trust Iran.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post

If Iran wants a nuke I say give them a nuke

I think Iran should TEST it somewhere near their Government Resides.

Tell everyone to put their fingers in their ears to save their hearing, and

listen to the countdown..... 5....4.....3.....2....1.....nuke4.jpg "IT WORKED......"
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Try this source, Jafar. Though they don't quite claim the two week period, they DO say that, if it really tried, Iran could get that far in around a month and a half.The news report is four days old.http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/25/wo...uclear-report/This piece allows the reader to assume what he or she wants. But the point is that, if Iran really tried, made their maximum effort, they could achieve that goal within weeks.Jafar, could you perhaps prove for us that CNN is an Israeli channel ? Because, if not ....
    It's all "if" they do this, or "if" they do that with the nuclear material they already have which has not been enriched to weapons grade.Without hard proof they are enriching beyond what they need for power generation, this is pure speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Jafar despises shites as not muslims, but the idea of them getting a nuke to use against Israel sends a tingle down his leg.Has it ever occurred to you that if Israel is attacked with a nuke they will launch nukes in return and not just at iran. Kiss mecca and median goodbye along with all major muslim cities.
    True I have no love for Iran, but I do recognise their right as a signatory of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty to develop peaceful Nuclear Power. Good luck getting Israel to admit it has nukes, let alone sign the non proliferation treaty.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's all "if" they do this, or "if" they do that with the nuclear material they already have which has not been enriched to weapons grade.Without hard proof they are enriching beyond what they need for power generation, this is pure speculation.True I have no love for Iran, but I do recognise their right as a signatory of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty to develop peaceful Nuclear Power. Good luck getting Israel to admit it has nukes, let alone sign the non proliferation treaty.
    But I know damn well you love Iran for wanting to wipe Israel off the map. And you would be one of the assholes dancing in the street if Iran dropped a nuke on downtown Jerusalem

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's all "if" they do this, or "if" they do that with the nuclear material they already have which has not been enriched to weapons grade.Without hard proof they are enriching beyond what they need for power generation, this is pure speculation.True I have no love for Iran, but I do recognise their right as a signatory of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty to develop peaceful Nuclear Power. Good luck getting Israel to admit it has nukes, let alone sign the non proliferation treaty.
    They are not developing peaceful nuclear power and you know it. Russia had offered to provide them with the material needed for peaceful use, and even helped them build facilities for peaceful enrichment. They have gone way beyond what is necessary for peaceful purposes. First red flag, they won't let the inspectors in to view the sites. Second red flag, after years of sanctions they still refuse to cooperate. If it's for peaceful purposes why endure the sanctions. They are making bombs.

The un, a muslim and communist dominated organization that puts out resolutions against Israel almost weekly should be allowed to inspect Israeli territory for nukes? yeah right. And iran is breaking the non proliferation treaty by building nuclear bombs. Israel didn't sign the treaty, so they're not breaking the treaty.

I expect we will see some sort of Israeli strike on iran's nuclear facilities in the next month.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.