Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Default Monster bosses: Be very afraid

http://www.networkworld.com/slidesho...ry-afraid.html

While they use "he" as an example, most feminists fit this mold. One can be a micromanager without subject know how. All it takes is a militant demand to adhere to the mandated perception.

Example:
    The micromanager
    A textbook micromanager, this boss can be exceedingly polite but flies into a blind rage if his directions aren't followed precisely. Any perceived act of even the slightest insubordination will bring on a wave of insults as he berates you for your behavior -- usually in front of a few of your peers.
    Mind games are also part of this boss’s M.O. After handing out a verbal thrashing, this boss will suddenly pull an about-face, assuring you how much you mean to the company as he tries to suck you back into the fold. Don’t fall for it.
    Always keep a defense file on hand, including all of your recent accomplishments. And it wouldn't hurt to keep a few cloves of garlic in your desk.

I presume most people get embarrassed when berated in front of others. I just get ticked off because I know what the INTENT is.
    Last edited by tailfins; 11-02-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    http://www.networkworld.com/slidesho...ry-afraid.html

While they use "he" as an example, most feminists fit this mold. One can be a micromanager without subject know how. All it takes is a militant demand to adhere to the mandated perception.

Example:

I presume most people get embarrassed when berated in front of others. I just get ticked off because I know what the INTENT is.
    Long ago in the Construction field one just stomped their ass. The truth in that was the boss did not often attempt to berate a man unless it was called for and the guy was guilty of the offense. I've only ever had to knock the hell out of two previous bosses and that was only after both tried to lay hands upon me during an argument. Most people will know who to not shaft because they know that person will not just silently take it. Best to let 'em know early on as it saves time..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What is there to be 'afraid' of? Not sure I get the point. Some bosses are good, some are bad. I've had both. None, no matter the type, have ever had occasion to yell at me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    What is there to be 'afraid' of? Not sure I get the point. Some bosses are good, some are bad. I've had both. None, no matter the type, have ever had occasion to yell at me.
    It's happened to me a few times. I just move on and don't transfer any information. Let their projects fail. I don't care; I got paid. You should be afraid; spending too much time in a dysfunctional environment damages your marketability. Failed projects don't build a good resume.
    Last edited by tailfins; 11-02-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.