Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Public Apology

I am requiring from all those that pm'd Jimmy last night complaining that I banned Maine, I IN FACT DID NOT BAN MAINE AND WASN'T EVEN INVOLVED IN THAT THREAD. I know who you are, your continued membership here depends on it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OCA View Post
    I am requiring from all those that pm'd Jimmy last night complaining that I banned Maine, I IN FACT DID NOT BAN MAINE AND WASN'T EVEN INVOLVED IN THAT THREAD. I know who you are, your continued membership here depends on it.
    Solving personal disputes by using your mod power again?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Oca on this one...An apology is required here....

And one other thing....

The whining about this......is becoming more unbearable than the insults that were thrown around....

This Maine person, I feel is very capable of taking on this situation on HIS OWN....

I personally would be embarrassed, if I had everyone else trying to solve my situation out in the PUBLIC FORUM....

Goooooood Griiiiieeeef...
    Last edited by stephanie; 01-25-2007 at 07:08 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know who you are, your continued membership here depends on it.
    And what does this mean???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    And what does this mean???
    Think about it.

Jackass, i'm not asking much, just tired of the baseless accusations that fly around everytime some Tom, Dick or Harry gets banned. For chrissakes I wasn't even logged on when this happened.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing for nothing...you and he were going at it. Something gets said...someone soft deletes it, so no one else can read it. Last thing we see is your last post I believe. What are we supposed to think? Next time leave it up there for all to see.
    And yes you are asking for too much. Your a moderator. You are not the average Joe Shmoe. You are supposed to be a person that is looked at for a cool head, not empty threats to someone continued membership here. Youre supposed to be above that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your continued membership here depends on it? WTF? This is an infuriating and bullshit request. I didn't PM or complain about MFM's being banned but if I did I wouldn't apologize. And if ANYONE gets banned for not apologizing then you can delete my account here as well. I only came over here from USMB because I was told this board was more hands off and laid back. So far I'm not seeing it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dirt mcgirt View Post
    Your continued membership here depends on it? WTF? This is an infuriating and bullshit request. I didn't PM or complain about MFM's being banned but if I did I wouldn't apologize. And if ANYONE gets banned for not apologizing then you can delete my account here as well. I only came over here from USMB because I was told this board was more hands off and laid back. So far I'm not seeing it.

Sorry dirt....Your a little off base here...

You would of had to read ALL the different threads that was started on this situation....

I do believe this is done and over with now....

Enjoy...
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow. Bullllllllllllshit. Come on OCA, you're better than this.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dirt mcgirt View Post
    No apologies are necessary from anyone, and nobody will be banned as a result. Mike is obviously pissed, and rightful to an extent, at being blamed for something he didn't do.

This board is, and will, be more hands off. We're still working out some kinks but you'll notice there have only been 3 bans thus far on this board. This one reversed, and temp bans given to Roomy and TheSage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    Nothing for nothing...you and he were going at it. Something gets said...someone soft deletes it, so no one else can read it. Last thing we see is your last post I believe. What are we supposed to think? Next time leave it up there for all to see.
    And yes you are asking for too much. Your a moderator. You are not the average Joe Shmoe. You are supposed to be a person that is looked at for a cool head, not empty threats to someone continued membership here. Youre supposed to be above that.
    I didn't delete shit, I didn't ban nobody. Jesus I wish you guys would do just a modicum of research before jumping into the deep end with me.

But I digress, a simple "we fucked up, our bad" is too much to ask? What is this? 2nd grade?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    Wow. Bullllllllllllshit. Come on OCA, you're better than this.
    Clay, how is a simple apology bullshit?

Ok, ok, I shouldn't have threatened to ban every idiot who assumed it was me if they didn't apologize but I was running hot, still am, and if asking for an apology is too much then thats cool.....but now I know the rules of the game and I will not apologize from here forward for any action I deem neccessary to take against anyone here, I will continue on like always with no change in my moderating style.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clay, how is a simple apology bullshit?

Ok, ok, I shouldn't have threatened to ban every idiot who assumed it was me if they didn't apologize but I was running hot, still am, and if asking for an apology is too much then thats cool.....but now I know the rules of the game and I will not apologize from here forward for any action I deem neccessary to take against anyone here, I will continue on like always with no change in my moderating style.
    It was never wanting an apology that was bullshit. It was threatening to ban everyone who refused. That's the reason people jump to conclusions about you.

I realize you probably didn't mean what you posted, which is why I said you're better than that, because you are.

FWIW, I think an apology would be appropriate in this case, but have you ever apologized for taking a moderating action you deem necessary against someone the ended up being incorrect? Certainly not in public. Am I wrong?

There is just an image of double standards that many have of you, is all.
    Last edited by The ClayTaurus; 01-25-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    It was never wanting an apology that was bullshit. It was threatening to ban everyone who refused. That's the reason people jump to conclusions about you.

I realize you probably didn't mean what you posted, which is why I said you're better than that, because you are.

FWIW, I think an apology would be appropriate in this case, but have you ever apologized for taking a moderating action you deem necessary against someone the ended up being incorrect? Certainly not in public. Am I wrong?

There is just an image of double standards that many have of you, is all.
    Your right, the demand was wrong, i've apologized once in the past for a banning, thats it, and it was done through proper channels. At this point i'll take the apologies through pm if people aren't big enough to deliver them right here.

I'm not one for closing threads or deleting posts too often so i've never apologized for that stuff, in fact can't remember closing a thread ever or deleting a post that didn't belong to RWA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your right, the demand was wrong, i've apologized once in the past for a banning, thats it, and it was done through proper channels. At this point i'll take the apologies through pm if people aren't big enough to deliver them right here.

I'm not one for closing threads or deleting posts too often so i've never apologized for that stuff, in fact can't remember closing a thread ever or deleting a post that didn't belong to RWA.
    Well at least we can all agree you're an effective anti-RWA agent.