Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Please test for me

This is in reference to the other thread, about the board running slowly. I'm trying to troubleshoot but this whole thing happens so sporadically that it's difficult to gather the problems up.

FOR ME - It just happens whenever. 7 pages or so will load quickly, then I click on a link and it'll take 20-30 seconds to load. Then it will work again, then the slow load. Repeat, repeat, repeat...

So as a test - please click on the image below. Once it loads fully, you can click F5 on your computer and it will refresh the image and load it again (f5 is mandatory instead of using your refresh button, as F5 will do a full refresh). Anyway, reload it with F5 5-10 times, maybe more if you like, and see if it loads the image consistently. For me it loads instantly, and will do so 3-4 times, and then it will take forever to load it, then load quickly again, then a slow one. I'm curious if this happens to others or if it's just me!

The image

http://www.debatepolicy.com/111.jpg
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    This is in reference to the other thread, about the board running slowly. I'm trying to troubleshoot but this whole thing happens so sporadically that it's difficult to gather the problems up.

FOR ME - It just happens whenever. 7 pages or so will load quickly, then I click on a link and it'll take 20-30 seconds to load. Then it will work again, then the slow load. Repeat, repeat, repeat...

So as a test - please click on the image below. Once it loads fully, you can click F5 on your computer and it will refresh the image and load it again (f5 is mandatory instead of using your refresh button, as F5 will do a full refresh). Anyway, reload it with F5 5-10 times, maybe more if you like, and see if it loads the image consistently. For me it loads instantly, and will do so 3-4 times, and then it will take forever to load it, then load quickly again, then a slow one. I'm curious if this happens to others or if it's just me!

The image

http://www.debatepolicy.com/111.jpg

Jim. Did exactly as you asked with f5. At first, it was slow...about 8 seconds. Then quicker after that, and finally, after about 8 times...very slow.
    No idea what is taking place, but it may just be due to large numbers of people trying access to the same server locations...which can be anywhere depending on the load.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The picture unrolled at various speeds. About the 7th time it was slow a few seconds. The 8th and 9th time still slow. The 10th time a little faster. Had to use F5 to get this reply screen up as well, but that's an everyday occurrence.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.