Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Aflac for plumbing?

I wish. Somehow a slinky "accidentally" got flushed down the master toilet upstairs by my son. So I'm off to find a closet snake. I have my doubts whether or not a snake (basically a tightly-coiled spring) will retrieve another spring-- reminds me of trying to dislodge a ball from a tree with another ball. Wish me luck.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well the snake worked and, apparently, a spring-loaded toilet paper holder qualifies as a slinky to a four year-old. That's twice now I've pulled one of those out of the toilet trap. At least he didn't wedge the brackets down there this time. I think I'll go ahead and replace the last remaining holder of that style as well. Im tempted to hold off and put it in his stocking.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

sounds to me like you should give him the closet snake and teach him how to use it.......need a big stocking, though......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 11-13-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Well the snake worked and, apparently, a spring-loaded toilet paper holder qualifies as a slinky to a four year-old. That's twice now I've pulled one of those out of the toilet trap. At least he didn't wedge the brackets down there this time. I think I'll go ahead and replace the last remaining holder of that style as well. Im tempted to hold off and put it in his stocking.
    Glad ya got it out Log, but 4 you have a few more years of this type of fun, seems once a kid finds it fun to flush things they soon find other toys as well

My now 19 year old had a friend over while I was still on the road and the wife use to make sure there was at least one lemon in the fridge ( I was the only one that used lemon in my sweet tea and being I was only home on the weekend she would just make sure there was at least one ) but that week around Thursday the toilet was stopped up , well the wife worked on it all night but neither the plunger nor the snake would work so she pulled the toilet up and found a lemon in there ( we actually figured it out before getting all the way to the lemon when I got home that night the wife went to make me a glass of tea and realized the lemon was gone ) seems my sons friend thought that after using the bathroom if he placed a lemon in the toilet as well and flushing it would take care of any odor We spoke to this kids parents ( not to get him in trouble but to let his parents know he enjoyed this type of thing ) and they explained to us all the different things this kid had flushed ( some things where just funny as hell )
    Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up