Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
I guess you missed this. Can not see how you did but apparently you did. It presents racism against whites as a sanctioned teaching policy in school. Also presents Obama's opposition is primarily against him because he is black rather than the truth which is his opposition is against most of his policies because they are so destructive to this nation.. -Tyr
That's actually an excerpt from the article, not the book. I presume they evidenced that claim with this
"But some people said Americans weren't ready for that much change. Sure Barack was a nice fellow, they said. But white voters would never vote for a black president. Other angry voices were raised. Barack's former pastor called the country a failure. God would damn the United States for mistreating its black citizens, he said," the book says.
Some people said this, others said that-- that's the claim and its true-- not that what those people said was actually true, just that it was said. I do wonder about the punctuation in the quote, (lying propaganda by the article's author perhaps), but it seems quite clear to me that it wasn't a claim of the book's author that white people wouldn't vote for a black prez.