Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Haven't I?

Not that it's any of your damn business, but I used to work for Conoco-Phillips Alaska based in Anchorage. As part of the Telecom crew, we frequently flew to the North Slope to maintain and install computer / telephone networks.

I have indeed seen Polar Bears, including one of them was stalking a co-worker of mine out of the truck.

You may ask JimNYC about where I worked - he and I used to email each other frequently whilst I was employed there.

NOW, both of you smartass punks - How many Polar Bears and other bears have you observed and had dealings with in the wild?
    I will openly admit having never seen a polar bear in the wild.

You only exploited your experiences with browns which I have seen hundreds of. Which doesn't say shit about whether Polar bears eat motor oil.

I've seen them, lived among them, dealt with them, killed them, skinned them, ate them, and even rescued them.
    Oh really, you have seen, lived amongst, dealt with, killed, skinned and rescued polar bears? Cuz i gotta scream LIAR!!!!!!!!!

you are full of shit loser.

And no, IdiotCannon, your little guided tour in Kodiak does not qualify you.

Look poser punk ass, I lived in AK 5 years, I worked from the Pribiloff islands where polar bears hunt Walrus to Kodiak and Attu. I have stalked Buffalo in the Shumigans and watched Brown bears killing Caribou out the window of landing aircraft in Cold bay.

But since neither YOU nor I have ever watched Polar bears eat at dumps we have to rely on people who have.

You=zero
    people who have = something greater than zero

Meanwhile i have watched bears eating garbage at the Unalaska dump and they try everything.

I also watched a Brown Bear eating a whale carcass in False Pass when I was en route to the Nushgak river mouth. Dead, smelly, rotting carcass the size of a school bus and the bear was there for weeks like a pig at a smorgasborg. They will eat anything.
    Last edited by loosecannon; 07-03-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remie View Post
    Ding Ding Ding..... I think we have a winner.
    You lose.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon View Post
    I will openly admit having never seen a polar bear in the wild.
    Thanks. I knew that already.

You only exploited your experiences with browns which I have seen hundreds of. Which doesn't say shit about whether Polar bears eat motor oil.
    If you knew anything about bears in general, you would have immediately recognized that there is no way in hell they would eat motor oil and tires. It most likely would kill them.

Oh really, you have seen, lived amongst, dealt with, killed, skinned and rescued polar bears? Cuz i gotta scream LIAR!!!!!!!!!
    Your reading comprehension skills are lackluster at best :

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain
    NOW, both of you smartass punks - How many Polar Bears and other bears have you observed and had dealings with in the wild?

I've seen them, lived among them, dealt with them, killed them, skinned them, ate them, and even rescued them. Years of experience, and I have the brown bear claw from the first bear I killed when I was 15 years old with a .44 Ruger carbine hanging on the wall above my computer here.
    See? I added emphasis this time around to assist you. To clarify, these would be Polar, Brown & Black bears. No Pandas, however.

you are full of shit loser.
    Don't think so, Slick. I'm the real deal.

Look poser punk ass, I lived in AK 5 years, I worked from the Pribiloff islands where polar bears hunt Walrus to Kodiak and Attu. I have stalked Buffalo in the Shumigans and watched Brown bears killing Caribou out the window of landing aircraft in Cold bay.
    That's real impressive. Were you a cannery worker?

But since neither YOU nor I have ever watched Polar bears eat at dumps we have to rely on people who have.
    Lucky guess on your part - in fact, I personally have not watched Polar Bears at dumps. Quite a few locals in villages within Arctic Circle consider it a passtime to watch the bears at the dump. I was invited, but declined. Dumps just don't do it for me.

Show me the money. I'm quite certain that if Polar Bears eat motor oil and tires, I'd have seen it or heard about it by now - by someone who lives in Alaska, or by one of the thousands of biologists that study these animals as a career. You two clowns are the very first to make such an absurd claim to me.

You=zero
    people who have = something greater than zero
    Huh?

I also watched a Brown Bear eating a whale carcass in False Pass when I was en route to the Nushgak river mouth. Dead, smelly, rotting carcass the size of a school bus and the bear was there for weeks like a pig at a smorgasborg. They will eat anything.
    A washed up whale is perfectly normal food for any bear. Motor oil and tires, however, is not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The facts always disturb you, dmp.

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

Polar bear meat is an excellent source of iron and protein. Polar bear fat provides us with vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids help to reduce the risk of heart disease. Polar bear meat is usually baked or boiled in a soup or stew.
    Why is this?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You lose.
    Wrong chump...you just got owned.
    There is no wrong way to do the right thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

If you knew anything about bears in general, you would have immediately recognized that there is no way in hell they would eat motor oil and tires. It most likely would kill them.
    Idiotic. I have watched goats eating glass with my own eyes. It didn't even phase em. Besides loser, you don't even know what was expressly meant by "eating". It could have been more like tasting.

Your reading comprehension skills are lackluster at best :
    Really punk assed liar? here is your exact quote in a discussion about Polar Bears:

I've seen them, lived among them, dealt with them, killed them, skinned them, ate them, and even rescued them.
    You lied. Own it.

Before that you claimed to know what Polar Bears ate based on your experience with Browns and blacks.

Then you pretended to know how Brown bears eat salmon and you were proven a LIAR again because I have actually watched Browns eat Salmon. You appear to have no idea how they do it.

Don't think so, Slick. I'm the real deal.
    I don't think so slick!

That's real impressive. Were you a cannery worker?
    Yup for 3/4 of a King Season then I went out on the fishing/crabbing boats.

Show me the money. I'm quite certain that if Polar Bears eat motor oil and tires, I'd have seen it or heard about it by now - by someone who lives in Alaska, or by one of the thousands of biologists that study these animals as a career. You two clowns are the very first to make such an absurd claim to me.
    Your reading comprehension skills are less that Zero Chump. Neither myself or even Rahul have personaly vouched for what Polar bears eat.

We have linked to two Alaskans who claim eye witness accounts or Polar bears eating tires, oil and grease at dumps.

Which may not be the strongest creds in the world, but hey at least they HAVE seen Polar bears eating at dumps and YOU haven't.

Them 1
    You less than 0

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .................

WB once again LC!

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by remie View Post
    Wrong chump...you just got owned.
    Wrongo Sin Bad, your man is a terrible debater, can't keep his lies straight and pretends to know things he doesn't have any knowledge of whatsoever.

You lose and that's a wrap Jack!

Book im Danno!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .............

Wrongo Sin Bad, your man is a terrible debater, can't keep his lies straight and pretends to know things he doesn't have any knowledge of whatsoever.

You lose and that's a wrap Jack!

Book im Danno!
    Who's Remie's man?

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    The facts always disturb you, dmp.

Why is this?

I am wagering an informed guess: polar bear meat probably tastes as bad as black bear meat.

But hey if you live up there it is still food and one less predator trying to eat your kids.

Eskimos in some regions exclusively eat their seal meat rancid. And many of them also lived on diets of nothing but meat. In the Aleutians food is more abundant than any place i have ever been. But it is all meat.

The Russians who first pillaged it called the Aleuts the strongest men on earth. Tho they weren't the smartest. They were reportedly whipped out to the very last man by Russian seal trappers, and the successive descendants are all half Russian as a result.

They say the traditional lodges had one entrance thru the roof. So an ambush was easy. Set fire to the lodge and fire at them exiting on high. A slaughter.

Phenomenally tough people tho.

Tough enough to hunt Walrus with hand tools.

Their relatives to the south killed whales out of ocean canoes by diving into the water to fasten floats around the creatures. (don't ask me how i cannot imagine it)

The water in that region is 46 degrees F.

Tough squared.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    Who's Remie's man?
    That would be the illustrious Dr NightTrain.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .................

That would be the illustrious Dr NightTrain.
    Oh, ok thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .........

I haven't seen you on in a while, where have you been?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

who?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    It is a well known fact, to most of us at least that global warming is causing the ice floes to melt off the Arctic, and polar bears are drowning due to having to swim far greater distances than before in search of food, and not being able to return to dry land.

There are some that steadfastly deny the occurence of global warming despite the mountains of evidence proving it, but the more rational amongst us acknowledge that it is indeed a problem.

How do we save the bears?

Your thoughts and comments on this important issue would be much appreciated.

Rahul
    This is how we save the polar bear from a fate worse than death.....

We put it on welfare in New York State...

that way, it gets food stamps, an apartment, all the things it needs to live and it can have as many babies as it wants without worrying about eligibility....

It probably can get a few boyfriends (more than likely black bears from New York City with crack or meth problems who are also gang members that the New York State Department of Social Services saw fit to move to the Upstate area to save taxpayers money but at the expense of the communities they settle in).... that will impregnate it, leave it for another polar bear, then come back for a cut of the welfare money once a month....

It's so easy!

P.S.... if that doesn't work, then we should get Al Gore to have a huge rock concert to draw awareness to the problem...

P.P.S. oh yeah, he already did...
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan