Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "Dinner whores"

Been hanging out at another board and there has been a discussion on so called "dinner whores" all week. Its a nickname these guys on the board have been giving women who don't put out when the guy pays for dinner. I find the whole concept completely degrading and disrespectful and I cant figure out how any man can look at a woman like that.

I've been almost shocked at how many men seem to think paying for dinner means he should get laid. What the heck is this world coming to?

Anyway the discussion has digressed to a few different topics that made me question the sanity of some people.

A woman stated that an average dinner date should cost $100... holy crap what on earth are they eating? even at the most expensive place i could think of the most would be $50 for two people. So I have to ask, what is an average cost of a dinner date?

There was also a digression that women spend more on the date getting ready... i find that very hard to believe. one woman totalled $400 for a date... seriously why on earth would she think a man would want to date a woman who spends that much on a dinner date?

I just dont understand how anyone can be like this. Its difficult enough affording going out paying for a $20 date. why on earth would anyone pay that much money for anything that didnt have some sort of microchip or real estate attached to it?

Anyway Id love to see what everyone here thinks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I think these all of these people are young, shallow and lacking in values.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I think these all of these people are young, shallow and lacking in values.
    so how much should an average dinner date cost?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Seriously, it depends on what you do..

Something like Applebee's or Chili's will probably run you about $40.

Just went to a hibatchi grill place a couple weeks ago, and for 5 people, it was over $200 (that's $40 a person right there, and is very close to the $100 mark for 2 people).

It's easy to spend $100 in a night just on dinner, and a movie...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you pay $100 or more for a dinner date and don't get any action, you're a shmuck. With that said, I don't want to date a girl who thinks sex is some kind of payment or prize she can hang over my head for bribery or punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I didn't realize that was your main interest in the post. I would expect it depends on whether you are dining in a large city, or in the burbs. The former is generally more expensive, unless you know a good out of the way place.
    I would expect a "nice" restaurant dinner date, including alcohol, to cost no less than $75., plus tip.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I didn't realize that was your main interest in the post. I would expect it depends on whether you are dining in a large city, or in the burbs. The former is generally more expensive, unless you know a good out of the way place.
    I would expect a "nice" restaurant dinner date, including alcohol, to cost no less than $75., plus tip.
    You can eat well for $30-$40. I've been dating my girlfriend for almost one and a half years now and I've only shelled-out over $100 for a meal once--Ruth Chris Steak House, one-year together anniversary. Now gifts, you can splurge on. But dinner isn't worth paying too much for, especially if you're just starting to date the girl. I'd say on average you should spend ~$20 to $40 on a dinner date. $20 to $50 if you're going to a movie too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    You can eat well for $30-$40. I've been dating my girlfriend for almost one and a half years now and I've only shelled-out over $100 for a meal once--Ruth Chris Steak House, one-year together anniversary. Now gifts, you can splurge on. But dinner isn't worth paying too much for, especially if you're just starting to date the girl. I'd say on average you should spend ~$20 to $40 on a dinner date. $20 to $50 if you're going to a movie too.
    The thinking on this subject 30 years ago is alive and well. It was the same then as Hag just posted. There are dates and then there are dates. One for socializing, getting to know you and just fun, the other for romance. Romance IS spencive.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Seriously, it depends on what you do..

Something like Applebee's or Chili's will probably run you about $40.

Just went to a hibatchi grill place a couple weeks ago, and for 5 people, it was over $200 (that's $40 a person right there, and is very close to the $100 mark for 2 people).

It's easy to spend $100 in a night just on dinner, and a movie...
    I have to agree, it probably depends upon where you live. I went out last night with a guy friend. Weber Grill. Pricey, but we had a good time, along with others. No expectations, just 3rd date.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Been hanging out at another board and there has been a discussion on so called "dinner whores" all week. Its a nickname these guys on the board have been giving women who don't put out when the guy pays for dinner. I find the whole concept completely degrading and disrespectful and I cant figure out how any man can look at a woman like that.
    See below:
    A woman stated that an average dinner date should cost $100... holy crap what on earth are they eating? even at the most expensive place i could think of the most would be $50 for two people. So I have to ask, what is an average cost of a dinner date?

That's just it right there. We live in a society become more and more self-serving. People 'demand/expect' things. There are women who absolutely want to be taken to a nice place for the prestige of it. These women aren't dating to get to know the Guy - but to judge the value of his bank account. Those women are whores, at their core. No rhyme intended.

There was also a digression that women spend more on the date getting ready... i find that very hard to believe. one woman totaled $400 for a date... seriously why on earth would she think a man would want to date a woman who spends that much on a dinner date?
    She spent $400 just to go-out with somebody? TALK about high maintenance. I'd RUN from her. When I date(d), I went to get to know the chick I was (probably at root) hoping to nail - That wasn't the direct purpose of the date - but it's generally the goal of most men seeking a mate...to mate.

$100 dinner date is EASY around here. The problem I have now with most up-scale eateries is this:

I can buy the Steak myself from Doug's Quality Meats and cook it myself and end up with a better result than paying some yahoo to cook it for me. If it's about quality of food - stay home. If it's about a non-threatening environment to chat and get to know somebody, go out.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    See below:

That's just it right there. We live in a society become more and more self-serving. People 'demand/expect' things. There are women who absolutely want to be taken to a nice place for the prestige of it. These women aren't dating to get to know the Guy - but to judge the value of his bank account. Those women are whores, at their core. No rhyme intended.

She spent $400 just to go-out with somebody? TALK about high maintenance. I'd RUN from her. When I date(d), I went to get to know the chick I was (probably at root) hoping to nail - That wasn't the direct purpose of the date - but it's generally the goal of most men seeking a mate...to mate.

$100 dinner date is EASY around here. The problem I have now with most up-scale eateries is this:

I can buy the Steak myself from Doug's Quality Meats and cook it myself and end up with a better result than paying some yahoo to cook it for me. If it's about quality of food - stay home. If it's about a non-threatening environment to chat and get to know somebody, go out.
    Darin, in my case I wouldn't want to go to his place, or mine. He chose the restaurant, as we were meeting up with his friends. If it were my friends, I probably would have chosen Cheesecake Factory or Wild Fire, where we could have gotten out for $50-$60.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Dinner and a movie can get pretty expensive. Dinner even at a regular restaurant will be 40-50 if there are drinks involved. Movies are outragious anymore.

Men who expect women to put out after dinner are dogs. The whole point of a date is to get to know someone for a relationship. What ever happened to men considering women who put out on the first date sluts? Now it's expected???

Glad I don't have to be out there in the dating pool.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Dinner and a movie can get pretty expensive. Dinner even at a regular restaurant will be 40-50 if there are drinks involved. Movies are outragious anymore.

Men who expect women to put out after dinner are dogs. The whole point of a date is to get to know someone for a relationship. What ever happened to men considering women who put out on the first date sluts? Now it's expected???

I've heard about the guys that expect 'putting out' on the first/second/third date. I haven't met a one that holds to. I've been 'dating' after marriage for over 8 years. Not once has a guy tried to imply such. It seems that they wait for a signal from the female, that it's 'ok' to broach this. Hey, I'm the last to stick up for guys, but seriously, they are not all ruled by the flute.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I've heard about the guys that expect 'putting out' on the first/second/third date. I haven't met a one that holds to. I've been 'dating' after marriage for over 8 years. Not once has a guy tried to imply such. It seems that they wait for a signal from the female, that it's 'ok' to broach this. Hey, I'm the last to stick up for guys, but seriously, they are not all ruled by the flute.
    Of course I've heard of the 3rd date rule for getting sex, husbands single friends, they make the argument that if a women isn't interrested in them why would she keep going on dates. So, they would stop dating her if there is no sex after the 3rd date.

No, not all men are pigs. here's to you meeting a nice one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post

This isnt all the mens fault ya know. I work with and talk with alot of younger women and men..and women nowadays are very eager and easily give certain things out. From the people I talk to giving oral sex isnt that bog of a deal anymore. Its almost like making out when I was younger.