Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Lack of personal responsibility remains rampant

Want to find out why so many kids turn out bad? Become a secondary school counselor or administrator.
    A couple of years ago, we had problems with a girl who constantly causing trouble. Her mom (a single parent) always thought we were mistaken, or that we hated her. Girl finally did something that got her sent to juvenile detention.
    Mom lawyered up and got her kid released on probation. During which time she participated in an armed robbery that got her sent to prison. She was 17 and sentenced as an adult. Second day in prison, she mouthed off to someone and got beaten up. Mom didn't know until she went for a visit a few weeks later.
    We know this because mom came up and told us. She blamed it on the schools for sending her kid to juvenile detention, which "made her a criminal."

If you discipline your kids appropriately, God bless you. Not enough parents do.

2. Thanks SassyLady, Nukeman, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Want to find out why so many kids turn out bad? Become a secondary school counselor or administrator.
    A couple of years ago, we had problems with a girl who constantly causing trouble. Her mom (a single parent) always thought we were mistaken, or that we hated her. Girl finally did something that got her sent to juvenile detention.
    Mom lawyered up and got her kid released on probation. During which time she participated in an armed robbery that got her sent to prison. She was 17 and sentenced as an adult. Second day in prison, she mouthed off to someone and got beaten up. Mom didn't know until she went for a visit a few weeks later.
    We know this because mom came up and told us. She blamed it on the schools for sending her kid to juvenile detention, which "made her a criminal."

If you discipline your kids appropriately, God bless you. Not enough parents do.
    In some ways, I think what I'm about to embark upon may be easier in some ways than dealing with 'privileged' kids. When the privileged fail, there's so many chances to 'overcome' then there is that wall. Neither the kids nor their parents see it until they hit it. Of course the parents have been in denial for years, bullying teachers, possibly getting them fired or at least a warning in their records. Same teachers they come looking for when their darling lands with the police.

Yes, I've some empathy, though shallow. Truth is if the kid is of avg intelligence, the parents ignoring years of warning regarding behavior have the responsibility. I feel for the kid, but they were warned that their parents were doing them no favors.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks SassyLady, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which is why we need to keep working at instilling personal responsibility in people. Starting with ourselves.
    If we were as industrious to become good as to make ourselves great, we should become really great by being good, and the number of valuable men would be much increased; but it is a grand mistake to think of being great without goodness; and i pronounce it as certain that there was never yet a truly great man that was not at the same time truly virtuous." - Ben Franklin

Imagine what good we can do if we all joined together, united as followers of Christ - M. Russell Ballard

6. Thanks SassyLady, Jeff, Trigg, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Which is why we need to keep working at instilling personal responsibility in people. Starting with ourselves.

avatar. I do, honestly wonder why GABBY is so determined NOT to take her own advice.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks glockmail thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Most parents today have no idea what being a parent is about. Pure and simple. I heard stories from my BIL that is a high school teacher, it's simply crazy. Parents call and bitch him out when their kids do bad on tests… I think he, along with a hell of a lot of other teachers, are about to jump ship… what how bad things get when all the good teachers bail due to moronic parents that should have been sterilized at 18.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Kids need to know there is a living God, and He wants us to be humble and peace-making and pure of heart, and meek and merciful. And boundaries from a very young age, and parents who set the example.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

11. Thanks Jeff, glockmail, tailfins thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last thing they need is brainwashing about mythology. One can have a fine and firm grasp of morality and personal responsibility without that crap.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Last thing they need is brainwashing about mythology. One can have a fine and firm grasp of morality and personal responsibility without that crap.
    I believe the verdict is out on this one. Do a study to find out how many juvenile delinquents don't have "mythology" in their lives.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

14. Thanks Kathianne, Jeff, Nukeman, Abbey Marie, Perianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The mother trusted GovCo to do what the Democrats had promised, to raise her child. As a GovCo employee and a supporter of the Democrat Party, why did you screw this up so badly?

16. Thanks tailfins, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I believe the verdict is out on this one. Do a study to find out how many juvenile delinquents don't have "mythology" in their lives.
    When I was a teen I was in a church 'youth group', the kids there were some of the most delinquent kids (booze, drugs, petty crime, sex) that I knew.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

That clinches it then, all church groups suck.

19. Thanks Abbey Marie, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

A typically moronic answer as expected. No, not all are full of delinquents, but nor are all those 'without religion' bad. But clearly 'having religion' does not mean one will be 'good'.
    You are correct (except for the put-down) , but that doesn't mean don't even try. A faithless person is missing a dimension, though.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

21. Thanks Nukeman, Jeff, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure 'faithful' people like to believe those without faith are 'missing something'.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

When I was a teen I was in a church 'youth group', the kids there were some of the most delinquent kids (booze, drugs, petty crime, sex) that I knew.
    Anecdotal and unprovable.
    Here's the opposite version: "Our church youth group had some of the most God- and neighbor- loving, moral and well behaved kids that I knew."

Whenever we get a member whose favorite thing is to put down Christianity, I suspect they had a bad religious experience and want to take it out on everyone else.

But I am sorry you went to such a lacking church.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Anecdotal and unprovable.
    I know you'd like to believe that, but it is not the case. I lived it.

Here's the opposite version: "Our church youth group had some of the most God- and neighbor- loving, moral and well behaved kids that I knew.
    No doubt some groups had that. Just as likely there are groups of non 'in religion' kids that are the same.

Whenever we get a member whose favorite thing is to put down Christianity, I suspect they had a bad religious experience and want to take it out on everyone else.

But I am sorry you went to such a lacking church.
    Your nonsense fails. I understand that anyone suggesting that religion isn't 'the answer' to the worlds problems urks those that believe such tripe... but pointing out that reality is not attacking or putting down religion. It is simply stating the reality that one does not need religion to have values or to be 'good'. Why those that are religious take offense to that reality is bizarre, and it shows a certain narrowmindedness.