Gas Monkey Garage Ferrari F40 Fetches $675K — And Guess Who Bought It

Boldride
By Jeff Perez
3 hours ago
Discovery Channel’s Fast N’ Loud is one of the latest and greatest motoring shows on TV. It’s no Top Gear, but it does have that certain charm that keeps viewers (and us) coming back to watch week after week.

If you remember, the Gas Monkey Garage team took on the daunting task of building a nearly totaled Ferrari F40. Loads of cash and many sleepless nights later, and the project was finally finished, only to be completely bought out by original investor Dennis Collins. Yesterday, it went back up for sale at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, and sold for a cool $675K. Now, $675K alone for a Ferrari F40 isn’t all that impressive. We’ve seen some million dollar examples in the past — even Gas Monkey Garage’s Facebook page says that Dennis “wishes it had gone for much more.” But what’s even more interesting is the man behind the winning bid — none other than baseball legend Reggie Jackson. Apparently, a man who has a fine taste in automobiles.

Also on the auction block was a custom 2014 COPO Camaro built by the Gas Monkey Crew (pictured), which reportedly sold for a whopping $106K. We’d say they’re heading home with a pretty heavy wallet this year.
I really like the show and the guys on it. Had some friends those guys remind me of. One has made his living doing exactly what the start of that show does. He gambles a lot and would be very wealthy had he not been a chronic gambler but still lives a very easy life. Now 65 years old he is about to retire and sell his shop . In really bad health I doubt he lives another 2 or 3 years. --Tyr