Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Homeland

I've been MIA a tad as I'm completely addicted to this show! Honestly never even heard of it until a few weeks back, as I don't even have Showtime.

This is a show about 'Homeland' security, and a POW who came home after being held for 8 years, only the CIA thinks he may have been turned and now part of a plan to hit America.

Thus far it's 3 seasons long and 36 episodes. I am beyond hooked and now up to episode 20. Damian Lewis is the lead character as the military hero perhaps gone bad. Claire Danes plays the CIA agent who is desperate to bust him, as well as the head Al Qaeda leader "Abu Nazir". She also has bi-polar, a very serious case which she hides from the CIA of course, but plays a large role in the show. She is beyond awesome in this show. I'm surprised I don't know much about her. And Another great one - Mandy Patinkin, who plays a senior CIA analyst, a mentor to Claire Danes part.

Anyway, 3 thumbs up, now I know what all the chatter was about!

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

It's a good show, I have last season on the DVR, just gotta find time...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    It's a good show, I have last season on the DVR, just gotta find time...
    My two oldest brothers rave about it. I haven't seen it at all. My time is not enough to do the things I do each day and night. I need days with about 30 hours each. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What the F? Anyone else up to date on this show? For starters, I cam fully caught up, 36 episodes and season 3 just finished. My first WTF is because it appears that it doesn't start up again until about late September!!! Just like Game of Thrones, I'll have forgotten a lot by then.

I can't say what else I want to discuss without *SPOILERS*

Anyone else caught up to speed that I can yell at? LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    What the F? Anyone else up to date on this show? For starters, I cam fully caught up, 36 episodes and season 3 just finished. My first WTF is because it appears that it doesn't start up again until about late September!!! Just like Game of Thrones, I'll have forgotten a lot by then.

I can't say what else I want to discuss without *SPOILERS*

Anyone else caught up to speed that I can yell at? LOL

Don't worry Jim, just before the next season starts the air the last season... Of course if you don't get Showtime...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll