Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Plague of Senility

Yes once past 70 ( our alloted time scale on the best of authorities ) we expect the advent of progressive senility. The actual time scale depending on personal genetics and state of health but what we are getting now is a veritable plague - an abnormal plague!
    May I suggest a simple cause - mercury amalgam dental fillings.
    The whole matter is a nonsense of course Dentists know damn well that mercury is a dangerous nerve poison. But it is easy to use and the leakage associated with it ( as adjacent dentine cells die off ) guarantees frequent and profitable return visits, until there is no longer any tooth left to drill and then, depending on income, it is either dentures or implants ( very profitable! )
    The solution is to ban mercury amalgam and replace existing mercury fillings with composite...

2. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Dicky View Post
    Yes once past 70 ( our alloted time scale on the best of authorities ) we expect the advent of progressive senility. The actual time scale depending on personal genetics and state of health but what we are getting now is a veritable plague - an abnormal plague!
    May I suggest a simple cause - mercury amalgam dental fillings.
    The whole matter is a nonsense of course Dentists know damn well that mercury is a dangerous nerve poison. But it is easy to use and the leakage associated with it ( as adjacent dentine cells die off ) guarantees frequent and profitable return visits, until there is no longer any tooth left to drill and then, depending on income, it is either dentures or implants ( very profitable! )
    The solution is to ban mercury amalgam and replace existing mercury fillings with composite...
    Whether or not there's any truth to your thinking, your conclusion is sweeping, to say the least. Have studies been undertaken to determine the percentage of cases of senility attributable to mercury fillings ?? Somehow I doubt it. The percentage may be zero, or only a little above zero. Can you show us otherwise ? But for your case to be true, you'd have to suppose that it should be a majority of ALL cases ...

I have an alternative thought. What if this 'plague' you speak of only appears to be one, because life expectancy has increased ? What if, 100 years ago, we'd have seen the SAME percentage of such cases in our populations, had life expectancy - then - been what it is today, in modern times ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 02-07-2014 at 12:48 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

4. Thanks Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Whether or not there's any truth to your thinking, your conclusion is sweeping, to say the least. Have studies been undertaken to determine the percentage of cases of senility attributable to mercury fillings ?? Somehow I doubt it. The percentage may be zero, or only a little above zero. Can you show us otherwise ? But for your case to be true, you'd have to suppose that it should be a majority of ALL cases ...

I have an alternative thought. What if this 'plague' you speak of only appears to be one, because life expectancy has increased ? What if, 100 years ago, we'd have seen the SAME percentage of such cases in our populations, had life expectancy - then - been what it is today, in modern times ?

Sir Drummond. Seems as if...we have quite a large number of Obama imitators here who must always find SOMETHING, or SOMEONE to blame for everything they will never quite understand about their OWN slipping personality.

We should leave Tricky to his own devices, and let him ramble on about his senility, whether it is occurring now...or coming soon to a Mouth full of mercury fillings.
    Speaking for myself. In all my years. I never had a need for any kind of fillings, or dental surgeries that would threaten me in any way.
    Guess I can't imitate OBAMA...being unable to use that excuse to blame anyone, or anything.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

6. Thanks Drummond, Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Sir Drummond. Seems as if...we have quite a large number of Obama imitators here who must always find SOMETHING, or SOMEONE to blame for everything they will never quite understand about their OWN slipping personality.

We should leave Tricky to his own devices, and let him ramble on about his senility, whether it is occurring now...or coming soon to a Mouth full of mercury fillings.
    Speaking for myself. In all my years. I never had a need for any kind of fillings, or dental surgeries that would threaten me in any way.
    Guess I can't imitate OBAMA...being unable to use that excuse to blame anyone, or anything.
    You are indeed fortunate if you have no fillings. Provided you clean your teeth after a fixed meal and do not consume sugary snacks and AVOID THE DENTIST LIKE THE PLAGUE it is very likely you will keep yor teeth till extreme old age.
    But spare a thought for us poor Brits. Thanks to muddy thinking we as children are compelled
    to visit these quacks where free of charge any tiny cavities ( which will self heal if the above life style is followed ) are drilled out to vast caverns to support the introduction of a substance you would be scared to touch with your bare hands. And so the profitable filling cycle begins!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

mercury is well known poison that causes nerve and brain damage and studies have been done showing the dangers as dental work.

however it's not the only cause of mental issues or dementia in old age.
    and God has provided solutions to lessen and even cure some forms of dementia

Showing results for coconut dementia

• 1 year ago

See the latest information about taking coconut oil and it's health benefits that have been recently discovered, in improving brain ...

9. 1 year ago
  10. 105,808 views

11. Surprise benefits of humble coconut oil Reversing Dementia. Its also reputed to cause weight loss and improve diabetic blood ...

12. 6 months ago
  13. 11,990 views

14. The dementia-fighting active-ingredients in coconut oil are Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT for short). What are the best dietary ...

15. 1 year ago
  16. 56,452 views

17. 4 doctors discuss the benefits of coconut oil for people with dementias such as Alzheimer's. For more details, check out: ...

• HD

18. 3 years ago
  19. 58,402 views

20. Through prayer and God's direction we've been using coconut oil for a month to treat the dementia. It's been a miracle! To see ...

• HD

21. 1 month ago
  22. 208 views

23. This video does not contain medical advice. Always consult your physician. Please use the comments section to let us know how ...

• HD

24. 2 years ago
  25. 18,662 views

26. After 7 months on coconut oil, former dementia sufferer, Bruce Flett, gives an update on how he has been made well. For more ...

27. 4 years ago
  28. 222,469 views

29. Visit http://www.OrganicCoconutOil.info for more on the use of coconut oil....Dr Newport learns that the medium chain triglycerides ...

30. 10 months ago
  31. 869 views

32. my mum hasn't touched her embroidery for over a year. After a month on coconut oil, she began to approach it..

33. 2 years ago
  34. 100,476 views

35. Coconut Oil Cure Alzheimer - Parkinson - Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease) - Epilepsy - Dementia ...

• HD
    • CC

36. 2 years ago
  37. 11,561 views

38. http://www.insidershealth.com Coconut Cure for Alzheimer's Coconut Oil Cure for Alzheimer's Can Coconut Oil Cure Alzheimer's ...

• CC

• 7:37

View full playlist (6 videos)

39. 1 year ago
  40. 4,947 views

41. 4 doctors discuss why they recommend coconut oil for an Alzheimer's & dementia diet. For more details, check out ...

• HD

42. 2 years ago
  43. 4,004 views

44. Bruce doing what he couldn't have done 3 months ago with his dementia. After taking coconut oil he was able to take part in this ...

• HD

• 9:33

View full playlist (9 videos)

45. 2 years ago
  46. 205,328 views

47. How coconut oil gave me back my brain. More info on best places to get coco oil, free download of my book, ...

• CC

• 5:40

View full playlist (10 videos)

• 1:52

View full playlist (5 videos)

• 20:44

View full playlist (5 videos)

• 5:46

View full playlist (3 videos)

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
1 Peter 2:16

• Thanks logroller thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

But still became senile nonetheless. And don't complain ...... You left yourself wide open.
    Last edited by tailfins; 02-08-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

• Thanks logroller thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh man, I sure have my share of filled cavities. So that explains why the 'ol brain is malfunctioning in the past few years?

I also recently purchased some "Gillette Fresh" anti perspirant, clinical strength. Still OTC crap, but my wife says I will now be getting Alzheimers due to the metals in the product. Apparently most anti-perspirants have 17.5% aluminum in there while the clinical ones have 20%, which is the most allowed by law without a prescription. I just prefer not to have sweaty clothes, I hate it, which is why I looked for "top rated anti-perspirant" and came up with this crap. And now I'll die from it!

• Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh man, I sure have my share of filled cavities. So that explains why the 'ol brain is malfunctioning in the past few years?

I also recently purchased some "Gillette Fresh" anti perspirant, clinical strength. Still OTC crap, but my wife says I will now be getting Alzheimers due to the metals in the product. Apparently most anti-perspirants have 17.5% aluminum in there while the clinical ones have 20%, which is the most allowed by law without a prescription. I just prefer not to have sweaty clothes, I hate it, which is why I looked for "top rated anti-perspirant" and came up with this crap. And now I'll die from it!
    It is more about what we do not get than what we get that is bad. Our brain needs a proper diet to stay healthy. It desperately needs certain minerals and vitamins. I researched all of this after my heart attack three years ago. Brain and heart are the two most important things to take special care of . So in my diet research I looked at the requirements for both. I found that the brain must have these . Vitamins A, B, C, D and E AND the minerals -- Magnesium, Selenium and Calcium, Zinc, Iron, Iodine .. FOR EXAMPLE AS WE GET OLDER WE NEED D3 to be able to fully process the Calcium in our foods that we eat. The major culprit in causing senility is a diet missing some or many of the required vitamins and minerals IMHO.. I am betting my life on it as I have designed my diet with that in mind. I eat foods that supply those and buy all those supplements from the health food store. I noticed a great improvement IN MY MEMORY when I first started taking Zinc and Magnesium . I noticed this in my chess games first. Thinking deeply in a complicated endgame can often require going up to 9 or ten levels deep and that involves tens of thousands of calculations along with the ability to store, compare and eventually decide which one to choose. Link--
    The most famous chess-playing computer was IBM’s Deep Blue. In 1997, Deep Blue defeated Garry Kasparov, the world’s top-ranked chess player, marking the first time a human champion was defeated by a computer (Campbell et al., 2002). Scientists are still studying the reasons for Deep Blue’s success in a study published in a recent issue of Artificial Intelligence. IBM’s dismantling of the computer following the match largely caused the lengthy delay in thoroughly analyzing the match by obfuscating efforts to study it (Kasparov, 2003)

One of the major factors leading to Deep Blue’s victory was its system of “game tree searches” (Campbell et al., 2002). A game tree search is a method of analysis that allows a “thinker” to narrow its focus on a few key issues by having a central node distribute commands to secondary chips (Campbell et al., 2002). A chess game begins with 32 pieces, many of which can make a wide variety of moves, moving in multiple directions and at varying distances. Imagine trying to decide on a move, analyzing what would happen for each move by an opponent, and your response to this. It is easy to see that the number of potential moves is enormous. This is because it is the result of an exponential function. For example, if each player had 8 pieces that could move an average of 5 different ways, then after 5 moves by each player, the number of potential combinations of moves numbers in the quadrillions (4010), too many for even the fastest computer to evaluate within time limits. Yet most chess players search deeper than five moves into matches. To alleviate this problem, Deep Blue “decided” early in the search which moves were unlikely to lead to any productive position (Campbell et al., 2002), in other words, moves that would not result in jeopardizing the opposition’s pieces or would cause danger to the computer’s own pieces. This saved time, a very important advantage in this match because the first forty moves of each player were required to be played in two hours (Campbell et al., 2002). This also would be critical in other machines employing similar methods, such as a video game, which also are limited by time constraints.

The programming further augmented Deep Blue’s strength. The program gave “credit” for the advantages of certain positions. For example, a move that is significantly better than every alternative, i.e., one that saved one’s own pieces while endangering those of the opposition, received a large credit, marking it as a superior move and more likely to be played (Campbell et al., 2002). Another vital element was the determination that if a move is good, it is better played sooner rather than later (Campbell et al., 2002). This allowed the program to search deeper into the match because it wasted less time contemplating moves already evaluated and deemed insufficient by the computer.
    I have even in friendly games at the chess club announced forced mates 8,9 and 10 moves deep. That was about 15/20 years ago and certainly can not do that now, just as once I could play blindfold chess and do well with it but alas no longer able to as it takes a prodigious feat of memory to do just one game. That's a major reason I do not play speed or blitz chess. Why bother when the time does not allow for deeper thinking? True the average good chess players thinks about two or three moves deep with each piece and then must do at least that many with each piece the opponent has to reply with. However, one must go several moves deeper to create and have success with artistic endeavors at the chess board. Sometimes this involves many , many thousands of calculations after the first few opening moves. So being acutely aware of brain ability and memory is a must in playing high level chess. Every chess player of world fame and the greatest talent diminished in ability in old age-- even Bronstein, Lasker, Alekhine, Capablanca, Rubenstein, Tarrasch, Marshall, etc. only exception to this seems to have been Robert James Fischer! Of course his IQ being 170 is a major reason along with him having almost total recall ! --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

• Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    It is more about what we do not get than what we get that is bad. Our brain needs a proper diet to stay healthy. It desperately needs certain minerals and vitamins. I researched all of this after my heart attack three years ago. Brain and heart are the two most important things to take special care of . So in my diet research I looked at the requirements for both. I found that the brain must have these . Vitamins A, B, C, D and E AND the minerals -- Magnesium, Selenium and Calcium, Zinc, Iron, Iodine .. FOR EXAMPLE AS WE GET OLDER WE NEED D3 to be able to fully process the Calcium in our foods that we eat. The major culprit in causing senility is a diet missing some or many of the required vitamins and minerals IMHO.. I am betting my life on it as I have designed my diet with that in mind. I eat foods that supply those and buy all those supplements from the health food store. I noticed a great improvement IN MY MEMORY when I first started taking Zinc and Magnesium . I noticed this in my chess games first. Thinking deeply in a complicated endgame can often require going up to 9 or ten levels deep and that involves tens of thousands of calculations along with the ability to store, compare and eventually decide which one to choose. Link--
    I have even in friendly games at the chess club announced forced mates 8,9 and 10 moves deep. That was about 15/20 years ago and certainly can not do that now, just as once I could play blindfold chess and do well with it but alas no longer able to as it takes a prodigious feat of memory to do just one game. That's a major reason I do not play speed or blitz chess. Why bother when the time does not allow for deeper thinking? True the average good chess players thinks about two or three moves deep with each piece and then must do at least that many with each piece the opponent has to reply with. However, one must go several moves deeper to create and have success with artistic endeavors at the chess board. Sometimes this involves many , many thousands of calculations after the first few opening moves. So being acutely aware of brain ability and memory is a must in playing high level chess. Every chess player of world fame and the greatest talent diminished in ability in old age-- even Bronstein, Lasker, Alekhine, Capablanca, Rubenstein, Tarrasch, Marshall, etc. only exception to this seems to have been Robert James Fischer! Of course his IQ being 170 is a major reason along with him having almost total recall ! --Tyr
    Too late to edit, forgot to post the link. Here is the link for my cited source in my previous post --
    http://www.science-writing.org/id43.html
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 02-08-2014 at 12:11 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Dicky View Post
    You are indeed fortunate if you have no fillings. Provided you clean your teeth after a fixed meal and do not consume sugary snacks and AVOID THE DENTIST LIKE THE PLAGUE it is very likely you will keep yor teeth till extreme old age.
    But spare a thought for us poor Brits. Thanks to muddy thinking we as children are compelled
    to visit these quacks where free of charge any tiny cavities ( which will self heal if the above life style is followed ) are drilled out to vast caverns to support the introduction of a substance you would be scared to touch with your bare hands. And so the profitable filling cycle begins!
    Well, 'Tricky' ... that's the NHS for you, eh ?

I see you avoided the argument I posted in post #2 of this thread.

If you're being honest, you will tell the American audience here that many UK dentists, most in fact, will offer treatment using alternative substances. Anyone reading your posts would believe, I think, that UK dentists do not offer any alternative, that everyone is forced to have them. But this is not the case. And you should also know, being British yourself, that this debate has been gone through in the UK's media already .. years ago.

See -

http://www.smiles.co.uk/treatment/ge...algam-removal/

Safe Amalgam Removal

Most competent Dental Practitioners can replace Amalgam fillings (50% mercury / 50%silver approximately) for a more bio compatible material such as composite, zirconium, ceramic and porcelain.
    To put all of this into context: the British NHS is still fond of using mercury amalgam fillings - one must assume because of its cheapness compared with viable alternatives. Which means that if you have such fillings and you want them removed, the course of action is to get this done 'privately', via a dentist operating outside of the strictures of the NHS. However ... such an alternative does exist, and for a dental patient determined to have it done, it CAN be done.

Granted that actually finding a dentist who'll take you on as a patient, in certain parts of the UK, is frequently very difficult ! But the greater likelihood, certainly from what I've found, is that in such areas, the preponderence of 'private' dentists far outweighs the NHS ones (... because a dentist doing NHS work gets paid far less for it than is true otherwise). In my own area, for example, there is just ONE dental practice taking on new NHS patients, and a good 15 or so others all working outside of the NHS who'll also take new patients.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

• Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Based on dicky's post I am immune to senility as I have no teeth. I do love grandiose claims.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

• Thanks Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    But still became senile nonetheless. And don't complain ...... You left yourself wide open.

Right you are tailfins, fj, and logroller. Your combined training of senility has paid off in spades.

You prove Imitation really is the purest form of Self-Flattery. It's so easy to Emulate all 3 of you.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What I'm most curious about, considering I now know I'm going to go senile. Does having this stuff in my mouth just guarantee I'll go nuts, but does it speed it up? I mean, am I going to be starting to forget shit in a few weeks? If I have my teeth pulled now, will I still go nuts? Does it depend on how long they were in my mouth? If so, how long must they be in ones mouth before the senility sets in? If I die before I hit 70, does this mean I might be ok?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    What I'm most curious about, considering I now know I'm going to go senile. Does having this stuff in my mouth just guarantee I'll go nuts, but does it speed it up? I mean, am I going to be starting to forget shit in a few weeks? If I have my teeth pulled now, will I still go nuts? Does it depend on how long they were in my mouth? If so, how long must they be in ones mouth before the senility sets in? If I die before I hit 70, does this mean I might be ok?

jimnyc. Honestly. I really think you shouldn't be worried about such crap. It's almost sounding like another version of AL GORE's GLOBAL WARMING...for the TEETH, kinds of stuff.

After I came home from the First Gulf War, and went through several spinal surgeries in the Persian Gulf (USNS MERCY), and being in contact with still UNKNOWN chemical substances while I spent time in FLEET HOSPITAL FIVE...in Saudi Arabia. Which was a nearly Mile Long Tent hospital.
    I came home, and during the following five years. Began to lose all of my teeth while eating.
    Yes. I took great care of my teeth. But the chemicals, medicines, and what was later denied as GULF WAR SYNDROME, caused my teeth to break off while chewing, and even while brushing.
    So..if you are worried about this. I do believe. It is nothing more than another TRUMPED UP reason to scare people.
    IMO....Of course.
    The end results became...having all of what was left of my teeth...removed surgically.
    Lots of fun.
    Last edited by aboutime; 02-08-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    So, this is for them.

• Thanks Gaffer, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Right you are tailfins, fj, and logroller. Your combined training of senility has paid off in spades.

You prove Imitation really is the purest form of Self-Flattery. It's so easy to Emulate all 3 of you.
    I hadn't even posted in this thread, yet you troll me into it. By since you miss me so. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...707#post682707
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99