Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Global Warming Skeptics

Climate Momentum Shifting: Prominent Scientists Reverse Belief in Man-made Global Warming - Now Skeptics

Link

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I personally think that if they cannot predict the weather correctly two days in advanced, what makes everyone think that they are going to be able to predict what the climate is going to be four years from now?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you mean people started to actually do reseach instead of just stepping outside and going "yup..it seems warmer today than it did two years ago...global warming must have happened"
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Scientists opposing the mainstream scientific assessment of global warming

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by medical 2933 View Post
    I personally think that if they cannot predict the weather correctly two days in advanced, what makes everyone think that they are going to be able to predict what the climate is going to be four years from now?
    Its not a prediction. All they have to do is compare long-term geologic records with current data. When they do that what we see are fluctuations in earth's temperature occurred before man was around.

Contrast this with the Global Warmers, who look at thermometer readings from 50 or 100 years ago and compare them to today. That's too short a time span to glean any usefull information. Not to mention the urbanization around wether stations has caused temperatures to increase at those specific points, not exactly indicative of the earth as a whole.

However I'm one to err on the side of caution, and say that there is a chance that global warming is occurring and is due to man's use of fossil fuels. That's why I advocate nuclear power, wind farms on mountains and in Ted Kennedy's back yard, and ocean turbines. All these solutions are ignored or outright or defiled by the Global Warmers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Skeptics believe that the climate models used to prove global warming and to predict its effects are misrepresented.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Skeptics believe that the climate models used to prove global warming and to predict its effects are misrepresented.
    Yes. Most models show catastrophic outcomes.

The Science Isn't Settled: The Limitations of Global Climate Models
    Publication Date: July 2004
    Publication Format: Public Policy Sources

Author(s):
    Tim Ball, Climatologist, Author & Environmental Consultant,

Dr. Kenneth Green, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute

Steven Schroeder, Postdoctoral Researcher, Dept. of Atmospheric Sciences at Texas A&M

Executive Summary: Computerized models of the earth's climate are at the heart of the debate over how policy should respond to climate change. Global climate models (GCMs)--also called general circulation models -- attempt to predict future climatic conditions starting with a set of assumptions about how the climate works and guesses about what a future world might look like in terms of population, energy use, technological development, and so on.

Analysts have pointed out, however, that many of the assumptions used in modeling the climate are of dubious merit, with biases that tend to project catastrophic warming, and have argued that climate models have many limitations that make them unsuitable as the basis for developing public policy. This paper examines two major limitations that hinder the usefullness of climate models to those forming public policy.
    Rest here, in PDF format: http://www.fraserinstitute.ca/admin/...sntSettled.pdf

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Its not a prediction. All they have to do is compare long-term geologic records with current data. When they do that what we see are fluctuations in earth's temperature occurred before man was around.

Contrast this with the Global Warmers, who look at thermometer readings from 50 or 100 years ago and compare them to today. That's too short a time span to glean any usefull information. Not to mention the urbanization around wether stations has caused temperatures to increase at those specific points, not exactly indicative of the earth as a whole.

However I'm one to err on the side of caution, and say that there is a chance that global warming is occurring and is due to man's use of fossil fuels. That's why I advocate nuclear power, wind farms on mountains and in Ted Kennedy's back yard, and ocean turbines. All these solutions are ignored or outright or defiled by the Global Warmers.

From what I've read, scientists can't agree on when the last mini ice age ended. Some claim the mid to late 1700's others calim the late 1800's to early 1900's. Either way, the industrial revolution and the use of fossil fuels seem to coincide with both dates.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    From what I've read, scientists can't agree on when the last mini ice age ended. Some claim the mid to late 1700's others calim the late 1800's to early 1900's. Either way, the industrial revolution and the use of fossil fuels seem to coincide with both dates.
    Then how do you explain the much more pronouced flucuations in temperatures as evidenced by the fossile record, going back 10,000 years or more?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then how do you explain the much more pronouced flucuations in temperatures as evidenced by the fossile record, going back 10,000 years or more?
    I was talking about theories pertaining to the end of the LAST mini ice age, not fluctuations from 10,000 yrs ago. Perhaps you can point to where I actually said 'the reason for fluctuations are blah, blah, blah' and I will be happy to explain what I was explaining.

How do you explain it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .............

I think they use a dartboard to predict the weather, I mean they are always wrong.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I was talking about theories pertaining to the end of the LAST mini ice age, not fluctuations from 10,000 yrs ago. Perhaps you can point to where I actually said 'the reason for fluctuations are blah, blah, blah' and I will be happy to explain what I was explaining.

How do you explain it?
    I explain it as flucuations in sunspot activity, mainly. Major geologic events may have had a role. Species activity, including man, would have an extremely minor role.

But I'm willing to err on the side of caution and support aggressive use of nuclear power, wind farms in Ted Kennedy's front yard and ocean turbines.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I explain it as flucuations in sunspot activity, mainly. Major geologic events may have had a role. Species activity, including man, would have an extremely minor role.

But I'm willing to err on the side of caution and support aggressive use of nuclear power, wind farms in Ted Kennedy's front yard and ocean turbines.
    I would agree with sun spot activity and other natural phenomena affecting normal weather patterns.

I would also say industrial outputs do have some impact, in particular, chemicals that are dumped into the ocean causing fluctuating temps - more so than normal. I would like to see some data with respect to dead zones , or better data showing increased dead zones in the ocean. That can indicate increased pollution, or simply warmer temps which can be normal....or not....or caused by both??/ That damn bouncing ball is tough to follow sometimes.

I think the worst one is in the Gulf of Mexico. But then dead zones can also be normal in warm, shallow areas like fijords (are there any warm fjiords??) and I guess the Gulf of Mexico.
    Last edited by Said1; 07-15-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great fun!

<a href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3028847519933351566"><b>The Great Global Warming Swindle.</b></a>
    "... whenever any number of men, calling themselves a government, do anything to another man, or to his property, which they had no right to do as individuals, they thereby declare themselves trespassers, robbers, or murderers, according to the nature of their acts." - Lysander Spooner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I would agree with sun spot activity and other natural phenomena affecting normal weather patterns.

I would also say industrial outputs do have some impact, in particular, chemicals that are dumped into the ocean causing fluctuating temps - more so than normal. I would like to see some data with respect to dead zones , or better data showing increased dead zones in the ocean. That can indicate increased pollution, or simply warmer temps which can be normal....or not....or caused by both??/ That damn bouncing ball is tough to follow sometimes.

I think the worst one is in the Gulf of Mexico. But then dead zones can also be normal in warm, shallow areas like fijords (are there any warm fjiords??) and I guess the Gulf of Mexico.

No question pollution can have huge impacts on aquatic habitat. Here in the US we have it largely managed, but not in other countries. One more reason why I support aggressive switchover to nuclear power.