Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default A lot of good info

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...editors_picks=

To Know Bats Is to Love Them

Merlin Tuttle, the world's most famous bat biologist and booster, has devoted his life to studying, demystifying, and helping conserve bats.
    He's also photographed them—a statement that doesn't begin to do justice to his work. Tuttle is to bats as Annie Leibovitz is to celebrities. If you've seen a great photograph of a bat, chances are Merlin Tuttle took it.

I love bats. They are one of Mother Nature's marvels. They consume harmful insects and are responsible for a lot of pollination. This article speaks about one of their greatest advocates. If you have bats living near you, learn a little about what they are really like and how important it is to keep them happy and healthy.

2. Thanks revelarts, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Ignorant people don't like what they don't understand. Which often is a lot.

Bats and sharks are not being given much of a chance, imo.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WiccanLiberal View Post
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...editors_picks=

To Know Bats Is to Love Them

Merlin Tuttle, the world's most famous bat biologist and booster, has devoted his life to studying, demystifying, and helping conserve bats.
    He's also photographed them—a statement that doesn't begin to do justice to his work. Tuttle is to bats as Annie Leibovitz is to celebrities. If you've seen a great photograph of a bat, chances are Merlin Tuttle took it.

I love bats. They are one of Mother Nature's marvels. They consume harmful insects and are responsible for a lot of pollination. This article speaks about one of their greatest advocates. If you have bats living near you, learn a little about what they are really like and how important it is to keep them happy and healthy.

WL. Actually. I'd be willing to bet. Few people are aware that BATS are the Mosquito's number One enemy as BAT food.
    Most of us may have had bad experiences with Bats during our younger years when, one may have managed to sneak into our home.
    But, because of a bad experience. We fear them as being dirty creatures that Scare Us, rather than looking at them as our friends.

During those long, hot, dry, Summer months right after Sunset, is when we normally see them.
    But..they are doing all of us a huge favor...even more important than any Exterminator might do.
    Just a bit of information for those who might like to know.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !