Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default 4 "big bangs" or...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gIorXcloIac?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think there are more than 4 really, if your trying to cover everything in the cosmos.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

no comments?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

What if all the bangs were manufactured by a creator?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks revelarts, PixieStix thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

57 seconds in the argument dies.

"I set out to disprove theism...which i didn't think would take very long"

I don't think i've ever read a an atheist or anti-theist book or essay that sets out to disprove theism, which is just as well, given it is impossible to do so. If this man thought he could 'disprove theism' (let alone 'easily') then he didn't even know what the discussion was about while he was an atheist.

Also, the video name - 4 new arguments? I don't know how he defines new, but these are the same arguments that have been discussed for long enough that i think the 'new' moniker isn't representative.
    Last edited by Noir; 09-10-2014 at 07:45 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    57 seconds in the argument dies.

"I set out to disprove theism...which i didn't think would take very long"

I don't think i've ever read a an atheist or anti-theist book or essay that sets out to disprove theism, which is just as well, given it is impossible to do so. If this man thought he could 'disprove theism' (let alone 'easily') then he didn't even know what the discussion was about while he was an atheist.
    Sure many know better, but he's not the 1st who's tried through the centuries.
    I think many atheist have tried to disprove specific theist traditions. I get the feeling that's probably what he did since his teammates were Christians.

but if you listen to many atheist of the ANTI theist stripe they believe God, fairies, centaurs demonstrable belong in the same category. Folks like Hitchens, Dawkins, Dennet, and Harris, certainly give the impression that they believe theism can be disproved. even if they less vocally admit that it cannot be.

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Also, the video name - 4 new arguments? I don't know how he defines new, but these are the same arguments that have been discussed for long enough that i think the 'new' moniker isn't representative.
    true enough.

but probably not on a popular level.
    if you ask the avg joe/jane about
    About the gaps to get between:
    nothing and everything
    non-life and life
    instinct and self-consciousness

I think different people come at this type of info from various directions without asking the specific questions he raises, in that order.
    and his points are still unanswered btw.
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-10-2014 at 09:11 AM.

7. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post