Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default What have you people done to Gabby?

I can't remember when she last posted, but it was awhile ago. Did one of you do something to her?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Maybe she was more embarrassed than usual over getting debunked for the 35,489th time.

Usually when she posts something absurd and somebody points out how and why it's absurd, she vanishes for a week or two and doesn't post until she figures people have forgotten, then returns and starts posting the same old tripe until someone spanks her again. Repeat ad infinitum.

Or maybe she's doing the same thing so many of her ideological brethern are: With a massive defeat on the horizon in November, large numbers of Democrat congressmen are announcing their retirements, coincidentally just before they will lose all power, committeeships, and most votes. They aren't there to represent their constituents (which they could do whether in a majority or minority). They're there to exercise power and force their way on others... something they will no longer be able to do by the end of the year.

Have you checked motels along the Wisconsin/Illinois border?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

3. Thanks NightTrain, Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I am always amazed how Gabby holds her own when she is in such a minority. But Gabby always comes and goes. She has told us a few times that she is very busy and cannot be here all the time.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I am always amazed how Gabby holds her own when she is in such a minority. But Gabby always comes and goes. She has told us a few times that she is very busy and cannot be here all the time.
    If "holding her own" consists of losing every argument, getting everything she says debunked and refuted time and again, and being held up to such ridicule that she abandons the forum for weeks at a time after every time she posts.... then yes, Gabby is "holding her own".

But, since when does "holding her own" consist of THAT?

The internet slang word "pwned" seems to have been invented for her.

Or are you referring to her tendency to ignore being pwned time and again, and coming back as though it hadn't happened? Orwell had a term for that: "doublethink".

Doormats have a similar characteristic. And like Gabby, doormats don't consider it humiliating when people step on them, wipe their feet on them, and basically walk all over them.

She has told us a few times that she is very busy and cannot be here all the time.
    If I had a record of losing as bad as Gabby does, I'd tell people that too.
    Last edited by Little-Acorn; 02-28-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

7. Thanks Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I can't remember when she last posted, but it was awhile ago. Did one of you do something to her?
    I think it was a team effort. She got tired of tasting her own medicine. I have gallon jugs of her medicine laying around ready to serve if the need arises.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    If "holding her own" consists of losing every argument, getting everything she says debunked and refuted time and again, and being held up to such ridicule that she abandons the forum for weeks at a time after every time she posts.... then yes, Gabby is "holding her own".
    My take has always been that she is quite intelligent, and I do believe she earned the degree she claims to have earned. Granted, probably about 85% of the time she posts she is looking to piss someone off, aka trolling. But IF she should decide to debate without the crap (which others do, in fairness), and stays on the topic, she can put out an intelligent argument. I appreciate her intelligence much more when it comes to everyday things, parenting, teaching, humor and normal things. I don't care for her politics, and I think she normally trolls too much, but I don't think she is stupid, that's for sure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I just referred to bullypulpit in another thread, stating that he's been awol and appeared out of nowhere yesterday. And coincidentally gabby is now awol. One and the same sharing a brain?

11. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

But, since when does "holding her own" consist of THAT?

The internet slang word "pwned" seems to have been invented for her.

Or are you referring to her tendency to ignore being pwned time and again, and coming back as though it hadn't happened? Orwell had a term for that: "doublethink".

Doormats have a similar characteristic. And like Gabby, doormats don't consider it humiliating when people step on them, wipe their feet on them, and basically walk all over them.

If I had a record of losing as bad as Gabby does, I'd tell people that too.
    Geez, LA, did Gabby pee in your Wheaties? It's not the end of the world if someone on here (aka Me) says something "kinda nice" about her. It IS hard to be in a very tiny minority on a political board. I know; I've been there. Yet she stays and continues to state her opinions in a devilish way. I call that holding her own.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Geez, LA, did Gabby pee in your Wheaties? It's not the end of the world if someone on here (aka Me) says something "kinda nice" about her. It IS hard to be in a very tiny minority on a political board. I know; I've been there. Yet she stays and continues to state her opinions in a devilish way. I call that holding her own.
    Irrespective of any political opinions, she's an asshole deserving no courtesy whatsoever.

15. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I have to say that I'm with LA on this.

IF she actually tried to debate her ridiculous notions, I'd have respect for her. But time and time again, she has demonstrated she is simply here to troll and to try to rile people up.

She might be smart. Maybe. I guess we'll never see concrete proof of that since she appears incapable of defending the tripe she grabs from her favorite liberal sites and posts here for the lulz.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings in the slightest if I never saw her post her garbage again.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

17. Thanks Gaffer thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I agree she probably does have the degree that she claims to have. Not everyone lies on line.

I get annoyed with her posting style. She doesn't debate or try to change people's opinion. She simply jumps in, posts something insulting and leaves for a couple of days.

I'm busy as well.......this week kicked my ass in fact. But, if she really wanted to debate she'd find the time.

That being said, I think the board needs the diversity and I hope she comes back.....annoying posts and all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Honestly? I think she finally ran out of STUPID, DUMB, IGNORANT things to say, repeat, and to offend everyone.

After all. She is convinced she is far more superior, richer, wiser, and more highly educated than everyone else here on DP.

MISERY LOVES COMPANY...but she's not getting any of ours.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Irrespective of any political opinions, she's an asshole deserving no courtesy whatsoever.
    Yes, I'm with Tailfins and Aboutime on this one. Her chief intent is to troll and apparently then sit back and enjoy the 'fun'. Maybe she cuts and runs when her 'debating' points are trounced, or maybe it's done just to aggravate, or maybe a mixture of the two. Granted, that's not true of every single post -- just the vast majority, from what I've seen.

Who needs that stuff ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 02-28-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

22. Thanks aboutime, Gaffer, tailfins thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post

tailfins. Gotta agree with you 100%. But we must also remember. What you said above is an INSULT to assholes everywhere.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I have not a problem with Gabby posting. I find it interesting that she presents very many far different views. I disagree with most of them but that doesn't stop it be interesting to me. I suspect she eventually show up to post some controversial topic. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

25. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post