Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Let Americans Never Have to Ask Ourselves, 'Who Lost Egypt?'

Let Americans Never Have to Ask Ourselves, 'Who Lost Egypt?'

As Egypt approaches a crucial moment of transition, both Americans and Egyptians should take careful stock of the value of their long-standing but currently stressed strategic relationship. We must never find ourselves asking, "who lost Egypt?"

Prime Minister Hazem el-Beblawi's cabinet had resigned as Egypt finds itself in the midst of a political and economic crisis involving mass strikes, ongoing protests and, increasingly, terrorist attacks. Egypt is gearing up for presidential elections scheduled for mid-April, and there's widespread speculation that the Defense Minister, Field Marshal Abdel Fattah Al-Sissi, may run and win.

Meanwhile, the crackdown against the Muslim Brotherhood following the overthrow of former president Mohammad Morsi continues unabated. It has been declared a "terrorist organization." The Brotherhood insists that it has nothing to do with the terrorism that has spread out of Sinai, while the government insists it does. And it has suggestive circumstantial evidence, like demands by terrorists that only the restoration of Morsi would stop their violence.

Certainly, the threat to Egyptian national security and integrity is not merely a ruse to propel anyone into power. The prospect of a broader civic conflict is all too real.

Many in Washington have taken a dim view of Egypt's trajectory. Some criticizing Egypt's transition are clearly motivated by overt sympathy for the Muslim Brotherhood

Others are genuinely committed to of democracy and have legitimate concerns about human rights. But they tend to underestimate the existential security challenges and the lack of alternatives facing the Egyptian people and authorities. And they haven't credited them with moving quickly towards creating a new Constitution, which has already been adopted, and preparing the upcoming elections. This new political and social dynamism can be helped or hindered by outsiders, especially Americans.

Meanwhile, many in Egypt blame the United States for being "on the wrong side." Supporters of the interim government, and many others, believe that the Obama administration actively wanted the Muslim Brotherhood to take power, rather than being willing to abide by the results of an election. They note the millions of Egyptians who poured onto the streets had no means of unseating an out-of-control Morsi other than the wildly popular military intervention. They add no one is calling the uprising in Ukraine a "coup." As for supporters of the Brotherhood, they are equally convinced Washington smiles on what they deem a "coup d'état."

The Obama administration has never formally declared the ouster of Morsi to be a coup d'état, precisely because that would trigger legal obligations with dire consequences for US-Egyptian strategic relations and security cooperation. Some American aid and cooperation have been suspended, but by executive decision. Some joint military exercises, delivery of weapon systems and planned cash transfers have been postponed, but much other cooperation continues.
    Here is the real point, bamscum will withhold billions of dollars worth of advanced weapons and cash unless a government that is very , very hostile to Israel is installed! He had that with his man Morsi in charge. What gets me is how so many Americans failed to se that and also failed to protest against bamscum's deception. Israel is an ally, while the Muslim Brotherhood is a terrorist group. Simply amazing how the bamscum got away with breaking Federal law by aiding a terrorist group. Too bad for boy wonder that the Egyptian people saw this ruse for what it was and have rejected that alliance and deception. -Tyr

Some American aid and cooperation have been suspended, but by executive decision. Some joint military exercises, delivery of weapon systems and planned cash transfers have been postponed, but much other cooperation continues.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks Gaffer, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nobody lost Egypt. The old regime never left. Now it looks like they will have another Dictator installed to carry on business as usual.
    اشهد ان لا اله الا الله و اشهد ان محمدا رسول الله

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jafar00 View Post
    Nobody lost Egypt. The old regime never left. Now it looks like they will have another Dictator installed to carry on business as usual.
    Not likely the new one will be as bad as the last that was tossed out on his sorry terrorist ass. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Not likely the new one will be as bad as the last that was tossed out on his sorry terrorist ass. --Tyr
    Morsi didn't kill anyone. Sisi's death toll is in the thousands already and he hasn't even been "elected" yet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Morsi didn't kill anyone. Sisi's death toll is in the thousands already and he hasn't even been "elected" yet.
    And how would you know whether Morsi killed anyone or not? Where you there holding his hand as he served as a top dog Muslim Brotherhood leader? I have grave doubts about his being the angel you are attempting to make him out to be.

Prove your numbers you stated on Sisi and then prove which ones were not part of his duty= giving military orders to keep the peace!-Tyr

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is your beloved Sisi's image within days of the military coup. I challenge you to find similar scenes under Morsi.

NSFW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

This is your beloved Sisi's image within days of the military coup. I challenge you to find similar scenes under Morsi.

NSFW

A picture with no link , no source given and not even any details of where or what happened there. I can post thousands of that type of picture and attribute it to anybody I want. I have no doubt on your willingness to accept any information that negative impacts those that oppose your religious beliefs. Yet presenting such as you did proves nothing. For all I know it could be a pic of an attack made by terrorists in the Syrian war going on now and have nothing to do with Sisi. By the way, I am no big fan of Sisi. I do however see he is by far less evil than the terrorist scum they just ousted . Terrorist scum Obama was only to happy to support. --Tyr

10. Thanks Gaffer, NightTrain, Jeff, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NSFW

So which ones Sisi? There's a ninja turtle by the tree where ever this was taken.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, NightTrain, Jeff, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    So which ones Sisi? There's a ninja turtle by the tree where ever this was taken.
    Hel, for al we know that could be a picture of bomb training gone wrong and the jihadists got their sorry asses sent to those promised 72 gay virgins prematurely. Jafar too often just posts a pic or words with no link and no multiple sources backing up what "he claims" it is.. --Tyr

14. Thanks Jeff, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    A picture with no link , no source given and not even any details of where or what happened there. I can post thousands of that type of picture and attribute it to anybody I want. I have no doubt on your willingness to accept any information that negative impacts those that oppose your religious beliefs. Yet presenting such as you did proves nothing. For all I know it could be a pic of an attack made by terrorists in the Syrian war going on now and have nothing to do with Sisi. By the way, I am no big fan of Sisi. I do however see he is by far less evil than the terrorist scum they just ousted . Terrorist scum Obama was only to happy to support. --Tyr
    You obviously know nothing about the military regime in Egypt. Do you also like Pol Pot? How about Hitler? Cut from the same cloth.

Video also NSFW. This happened just after the coup. These were peaceful protesters.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Tell me, Jafar:

Who were the muslims here?

Oh, both sides were muslim? Huh.

Seems pretty peaceful to me. I think you muzzies have it all figured out and we should all adopt that peaceful cult.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

17. Thanks Jeff, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Tell me, Jafar:

Who were the muslims here?

Oh, both sides were muslim? Huh.

Seems pretty peaceful to me. I think you muzzies have it all figured out and we should all adopt that peaceful cult.
    Sure your country would be so civil after a military coup? I don't think so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Sure your country would be so civil after a military coup? I don't think so.
    Yes. Yes, I am.

I can't think of any group of people on the face of earth today that commit the sort of atrocities that yours does daily, while the rest of you keep proclaiming otherwise.

When are you going to do something about the 'few' radicals running around in your midst doing these dastardly deeds?

Isn't it time you started policing yourselves?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

20. Thanks Gaffer, Jeff thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Yes. Yes, I am.

I can't think of any group of people on the face of earth today that commit the sort of atrocities that yours does daily, while the rest of you keep proclaiming otherwise.

When are you going to do something about the 'few' radicals running around in your midst doing these dastardly deeds?

Isn't it time you started policing yourselves?
    If you were living in a war zone, you would probably think differently.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

If you were living in a war zone, you would probably think differently.

JAFAR. Much to your dismay. WE ALL ARE LIVING IN A WAR ZONE. The entire World is becoming a WAR ZONE as long as Zealots like you, and those who claim to practice the Religion of Peace..intend to KILL anyone who disagree's with YOU, or THEM.

You...like it or not. Represent the chief PLAYERS that cause the WORLDWIDE WAR ZONE to exist.

And nothing you say, or claim in your own, protected little hypocrisy filled World Down Under can change it.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

23. Thanks Jeff, Drummond thanked this post