Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    A great reason as to why you should do society a favor and not procreate anymore kids...
    I can't wait for the outrage over this needless personal attack.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Outside of the fact that pattern will ultimately lead to a population decline -- I never said there's anything wrong - I said it's primarily driven out of selfishness.
    Your arrogance is astounding. And you wonder why your positions aren't taken seriously, huh?

Hurray - another spoild-rotten kid - just what society needs... Most couple who only decide to have one kid do so out of fear that having more will tap into thier lives and how dare they be forced to live a life of giving to their kids rather than to themselves.
    Actually, I have a pretty extraordinary child. Gifted/talented, polite, generous and caring. Can be taken absolutely anywhere because he's well-mannered and knows how to conduct himself in public. Oh yeah... he also plays piano and got his black belt in tae kwon do at 7.

So, if I were you, I'd get down off of that soap box and stop being an arrogant twit. Your concept of what life is supposed to be might be ok for you, but it isn't the life I would ever choose. The difference is, I'd never be stupid enough to suggest that my choices are superior to yours, although, to be fair, I think I'm giving my son a great life.

A great reason as to why you should do society a favor and not procreate anymore kids...
    What a stupid thing to say... seriously.

1. You'd learn to love it - or raise your own cows.
    2. You'd learn to have an interest in the interest of taking care of your kids and feeding them properly.
    My son eats fine thanks, you self-satisfied, arrogant twirp.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hurray - another spoild-rotten kid - just what society needs... Most couple who only decide to have one kid do so out of fear that having more will tap into thier lives and how dare they be forced to live a life of giving to their kids rather than to themselves.

Both of these paragraphs are totally uncalled for. Just because someone only has one kid, does not mean that a) they are selfish, b) their kid is spoiled, or c) that person shouldn't procreate.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    People get to choose for themselves the type of life they want. It doesn't have to be the same for each of us. And, just for the record, I CHOSE to have one child because I can give him all of the attention, education and mothering that he deserves.
    so just because I CHOSE to have two kids, and want more, means they don't get all the self-centered attention that you think just one kid deserves?

My boys AND my daycare kids get all the attention they want. I have my 3yo who is speech delayed but in preschool for it, my 8.5mo baby who is a big mamma's boy already, my 2yo daycare boy Paul who makes me laugh with his constant quoting of Thomas the train, and my 4yo daycare girl Grace who is always being too big for her britches, and Hunter, my 3mo daycare baby who has such a cute smile. They all get my attention, most times at the same time. And, they learn how to share my attention with each other.

I totally want another baby. But physically I cannot have them. So, we are looking into adoption and surrogate mothers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Anyone CAN afford any amount of kids they have... The family on the TLC show was a great example.. they have their own garden and have trained their kids how to hunt deer... they only have to spend about $100 / week at a grocery store...

The problem is, however, that many parents are more worried about the area they live in and the cars they drive rather than MOVE to a more affordable place and drive a used car....
    Not everyone can afford a lot of kids. A lot of kids means a larger house. Means more food costs. Not everyone are fortunate enough to live in areas where they can hunt and garden.

What qualifies as a more affordable place where your concerned? Most of the cheaper housing I have seen is in the urban rundown parts of the city. Country housing is much more expensive.

You have a quaint view of things. Live off the land and drive an old car that you have to repair monthly. Reality is another story. Bedroom space becomes a premium. The car has to carry at least eight. Food is a major necessity for a large family, especially as they become teenagers. Athletics and after school activities play a big part in the car use.

You have a Waltons view of things and its just not practical in todays world.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyKitten99 View Post
    so just because I CHOSE to have two kids, and want more, means they don't get all the self-centered attention that you think just one kid deserves?
    Where the fuck are you people getting this from? Seriously.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    Not everyone can afford a lot of kids. A lot of kids means a larger house. Means more food costs. Not everyone are fortunate enough to live in areas where they can hunt and garden.
    Then move to a new area where you can do that.

What qualifies as a more affordable place where your concerned? Most of the cheaper housing I have seen is in the urban rundown parts of the city. Country housing is much more expensive.
    Hardly the case - living in rural areas is almost always cheaper than living closer to town - assuming the house is identical.

You have a quaint view of things. Live off the land and drive an old car that you have to repair monthly. Reality is another story.
    We drive a van that's 10-years old and we don't have to "repair it monthly" - jeesh...

Bedroom space becomes a premium..
    *gasp* make the kids bunk up!

The car has to carry at least eight. Food is a major necessity for a large family, especially as they become teenagers.
    Grow a garden in the property you've acquired from moving into a more rural area.

Athletics and after school activities play a big part in the car use.
    Home school the kids..... they don't "NEED" after school activities - Lord knows they'll have enough activities around the house.

You have a Waltons view of things and its just not practical in todays world.
    Really? Tell that to the family on the TLC Show "Kids by the Dozen" who are thriving with having had 16 kids - a 17th being adopted.

You have a "today's world" view of things that is destroying the moral fiber of what made this country great. It's plagued with self-absortion, consumerism and "it's all about you" - mentality.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Outside of the fact that pattern will ultimately lead to a population decline -- I never said there's anything wrong - I said it's primarily driven out of selfishness.
    Some could argue it is selfish to have lots of kids because 1) You can't afford to give them a good life 2) You can't possibly give them the attention they deserve.

Hurray - another spoild-rotten kid - just what society needs... Most couple who only decide to have one kid do so out of fear that having more will tap into thier lives and how dare they be forced to live a life of giving to their kids rather than to themselves..
    1) You've met Jill's kid? Far out! 2) What is wrong with wanting to have a fulfilling life yourself? Should life be all about self-sacrifice? Why can't you have both - a loving family and material things?

1. You'd learn to love it - or raise your own cows.
    2. You'd learn to have an interest in the interest of taking care of your kids and feeding them properly.
    And you have to have a tonne of kids, hunt deer and spend $100 on groceries to met those criteria.....ppppfffftttt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have a "today's world" view of things that is destroying the moral fiber of what made this country great. It's plagued with self-absortion, consumerism and "it's all about you" - mentality.
    Just as an aside, not trying to derail the thread, but depending on your answer it is relevent to the above statement: This may be an obvious question, but would you vote Dem or GoP?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    Some could argue it is selfish to have lots of kids because 1) You can't afford to give them a good life 2) You can't possibly give them the attention they deserve.
    And those types of people should never have kids - I'm all for sterilization in those cases.

2) What is wrong with wanting to have a fulfilling life yourself? Should life be all about self-sacrifice?
    Since when did "self" become so important? Oh, that's right.. it stemmed from that ignorant idea of "You have to take care of #1 first.. and it's all about you!"

Why can't you have both - a loving family and material things?
    Dunno.. why did Christ say "It's easier for a Camel to go thru the eye of a needle than it is for a Rich man to enter heaven?

And "do not lay up your treasures here on Earth where rust and moth can destroy"...

Materialism - and the consumer mentality that goes along with it is all about self-absortion and that always leads to destruction...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow. So now if you can't afford to raise a family of 12, you should be sterilized. This is top notch material.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And those types of people should never have kids - I'm all for sterilization in those cases.

Since when did "self" become so important? Oh, that's right.. it stemmed from that ignorant idea of "You have to take care of #1 first.. and it's all about you!"

Dunno.. why did Christ say "It's easier for a Camel to go thru the eye of a needle than it is for a Rich man to enter heaven?

And "do not lay up your treasures here on Earth where rust and moth can destroy"...

Materialism - and the consumer mentality that goes along with it is all about self-absortion and that always leads to destruction...
    Frankly, I'm seeing a lot of contempt shown to parents of small families here...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Frankly, I'm seeing a lot of contempt shown to parents of small families here...
    None at all from me - as I don't think everyone SHOULD have large families, in fact - some should never procreate...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's all about economy. You can't hunt deer year round. You can't grow a garden year round. even buying a cow is not cheap, not to mention its care and feeding. And nothing like raw unpastueized milk to keep you healthy. There's a lot of things that are needed besides food such as soap and toilet paper and other necessities. Not to mention clothes, shoes, coats blankets etc.

Bunk em up. yeah that solves the problem. Five to a room is no big deal. each kid gets a dresser drawer and a foot of closet space for his good clothes.

The kids don't need athletics? or sports to be active? Sure, they can just stay home and stare at each other in their bedroom. Or do chores around the house like chop wood, feed and milk the cow. Its just wonderful living on Waltons mountain.

Night John Boy
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    Where the fuck are you people getting this from? Seriously.
    I was just wondering the same thing myself.