Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    And those types of people should never have kids - I'm all for sterilization in those cases.
    So you're for sterilizing people who don't think utopia is living on a farm and kiling their own food. Personally, I think that's pretty sick. Perhaps we should focus on preventing the ignorant from having children.... how'd ya feel about that one?

Since when did "self" become so important? Oh, that's right.. it stemmed from that ignorant idea of "You have to take care of #1 first.. and it's all about you!"
    As opposed to it being all about *you*, of course.

Dunno.. why did Christ say "It's easier for a Camel to go thru the eye of a needle than it is for a Rich man to enter heaven?

And "do not lay up your treasures here on Earth where rust and moth can destroy"...
    And those words have meaning to me because???

Materialism - and the consumer mentality that goes along with it is all about self-absortion and that always leads to destruction...
    I'd say you're the one who's self-absorbed...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm wondering why we see lines like "...can afford to give them a good life.."?

Finances have VERY LITTLE to do with a good life.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyKitten99 View Post
    so just because I CHOSE to have two kids, and want more, means they don't get all the self-centered attention that you think just one kid deserves?

My boys AND my daycare kids get all the attention they want. I have my 3yo who is speech delayed but in preschool for it, my 8.5mo baby who is a big mamma's boy already, my 2yo daycare boy Paul who makes me laugh with his constant quoting of Thomas the train, and my 4yo daycare girl Grace who is always being too big for her britches, and Hunter, my 3mo daycare baby who has such a cute smile. They all get my attention, most times at the same time. And, they learn how to share my attention with each other.

I totally want another baby. But physically I cannot have them. So, we are looking into adoption and surrogate mothers.
    I think if you actually read my post, instead of having a wholly unjustified knee-jerk reaction, you'd see that I was simply saying that it's ok to have a large family if you can afford it and it's what you want and a small family if that's what you choose.

Good luck with the adoption and/or surrogacy. I wish you a happy, healthy third little one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The ClayTaurus View Post
    Clearly, you don't think children are a blessing, you heartless bitch!
    Heh! That's it! You found me out!! lol...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -Cp
    Hurray - another spoild-rotten kid - just what society needs... Most couple who only decide to have one kid do so out of fear that having more will tap into thier lives and how dare they be forced to live a life of giving to their kids rather than to themselves.

A great reason as to why you should do society a favor and not procreate anymore kids...

Both of these paragraphs are totally uncalled for. Just because someone only has one kid, does not mean that a) they are selfish, b) their kid is spoiled, or c) that person shouldn't procreate.
    Not uncalled for at all..

A) Outside of physical reasons the majority of folks who only have one kid do so cause they're either crappy parents (allow the kid to rule the house) or because they're too worried having more will hurt their "carreer interests".

B) Show me a home w/ only one kid that isn't spoiled rotten and you've shown me an extreme rarity.

C) If they are that self-aborbed with their careers or because they don't want to live a selfless life towards kids, then yes, they should not procreate anymore..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    So you're for sterilizing people who don't think utopia is living on a farm and kiling their own food. Personally, I think that's pretty sick.

Does the world need anymore mouth-breathers? (a.k.a. "enlightened libs)?

Nope...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does the world need anymore mouth-breathers? (a.k.a. "enlightened libs)?

Nope...
    You're a sick little twerp... seriously. And you call yourself Christian? You should be ashamed....

And that's my last word on this subject, I think.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A) Outside of physical reasons the majority of folks who only have one kid do so cause they're either crappy parents (allow the kid to rule the house) or because they're too worried having more will hurt their "carreer interests".

B) Show me a home w/ only one kid that isn't spoiled rotten and you've shown me an extreme rarity.

C) If they are that self-aborbed with their careers or because they don't want to live a selfless life towards kids, then yes, they should not procreate anymore..
    The hypocrisy is stellar.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A) You are judging people'smotives based solely on the number of kids they have, when in reality you have no idea why they only have one child.

B) Fallacy of Anecdotal Evidence

C) Judging that someone is selfish based solely on the fact that they only have one child is ridiculous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    A) You are judging people'smotives based solely on the number of kids they have, when in reality you have no idea why they only have one child.

B) Fallacy of Anecdotal Evidence

C) Judging that someone is selfish based solely on the fact that they only have one child is ridiculous.
    a) I'm drawing conclusions from years of experience... and that experience has proven the majority of the time to bring the correct conclusion.

b) *yawn*

c) Again - outside of physical reasons or some other abnormalty, why would the choose to ruin their kid and only have one?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I personally think this whole thread is uncalled for. The name bashing and insults thrown here just because some people want a large family and some want a small family. As long as the babies are loved and cared for...what does it matter?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackass View Post
    I personally think this whole thread is uncalled for. The name bashing and insults thrown here just because some people want a large family and some want a small family. As long as the babies are loved and cared for...what does it matter?
    I think it started out as people defending Large families - people on both sides took things personal.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

a) I'm drawing conclusions from years of experience... and that experience has proven the majority of the time to bring the correct conclusion.

b) *yawn*

c) Again - outside of physical reasons or some other abnormalty, why would the choose to ruin their kid and only have one?
    A( years of experience as what? A self righteous bible thumper?

B) Typical

C) Having one kid doesn't ruin anyone. Just because someone wants a better quality of life for themselves and their kid doesn't make them bad people.

If you want to live on a farm with 15 kids and not get involved in social activites I suggest you join the Amish. Get rid of the computer and all modern day conveniences.

If raising a whole bunch of kids and giving to them constantly makes you feel good and enriches your life, that's great. But at the same time your being selfish. Your getting pleasure from raising all those kids. That's self centered.

People have kids because they want a family. How many they chose to have is their business. Not yours. And its certainly not your place to rundown anyone that choses to have one or two kids.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Since when did "self" become so important? Oh, that's right.. it stemmed from that ignorant idea of "You have to take care of #1 first.. and it's all about you!"
    So you can NEVER think of yourself? You can't think of others and yourself?

Dunno.. why did Christ say "It's easier for a Camel to go thru the eye of a needle than it is for a Rich man to enter heaven?

And "do not lay up your treasures here on Earth where rust and moth can destroy"...
    I'm an athiest so it is irrelevent to me what he said. So I take it you live in a rented trailor don't have a car and have lentil soup every day?

Materialism - and the consumer mentality that goes along with it is all about self-absortion and that always leads to destruction...
    You can thank conservatives for that. They are the ones with the "Greed is good", "It's all about profit" mentality...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Gaffer - you're seriously taking what he said to extremes...

His points are well-taken, even if you don't like what he said.

I think it's like this:

Generally, people want NO kids, or VERY FEW for SELFISH reasons. Yes...selfishness is probably the #1 fault of ALL of us. We come up with lies about not being able to 'afford' a child. It's BS. Poor people have a LOT of kids - no, I don't think that's cause and affect.

My wife and I don't want more kids for a few reason - some are indeed selfish. We don't want to have to buy another car - to fit FIVE of us and our gear. Mostly cuz that means 'MINIVAN!!' ew... Also, my wife happens to like her body (Most people would agree with her).

Our BIG reason is simple. We don't feel 'called'. We're bible-thumpers, remember?